2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have apparently signed NT-Jonathan Hankins to a 1 yr deal. Term as yet are unknown.

Seattle Seahawks News: Jonathan Hankins has signed a 1-year deal with the Seahawks in 2024 NFL Free Agency. Hankins’ money is to be announced during his time in Seattle after agreeing to terms. Seahawks rumors have been swirling all offseason around what GM John Schneider and head coach Mike Macdonald’s plans were for NFL Free Agency with not a ton of money to spend. Now the Seahawks have signed Johnthan Hankins to a contract as he’ll look to bolster Seattle’s defense in 2024.

source UTube

and now a more reliable source:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the period of Free Agency where compensatory picks are decided upon ends?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hope this helps

[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1[…]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk that was appreciated and useful!!!

Now the general rule appears to be that FA for compensation picks to be calculated ends the day after the draft completes I'd thought that was the case but was unsure.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
Looks like the OTC cap is more or less tapped out as of 3/15 .................

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, sure looks that way indeed.

The team will need to massage a few deals to free up some cap space to sign the draft class and the PS.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Could a few surprise cuts free up some cap? I'm asking out of ignorance of cap deadlines and contract details.

And I'm not trying to derail these excellent threads...

Jville

Reaction score
Could a few surprise cuts free up some cap? I'm asking out of ignorance of cap deadlines and contract details.

And I'm not trying to derail these excellent threads...

The team is currently in compliance with the cap. The annual league meeting will conclude tomorrow. Coaching and training staff's first good look at veterans will come at the first of the month with the launch of Team workout programs. There is always the possibility of a surprise event with a veteran player. However, it's now time to evaluate the mix of signed players and move toward finalizing of draft preparations. Cap compliance will become relevant sometime in May once draft choices begin to sign contracts.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A great deal will depend upon what players are added in the draft, at what positions, and who might be interested in players the Seahawks make available for trade.

Trading/cutting a player like DreMont Jones would add a good bit of cap to the available number allowing for further other roster moves to be made.

kidhawk

Reaction score
A great deal will depend upon what players are added in the draft, at what positions, and who might be interested in players the Seahawks make available for trade.

Trading/cutting a player like DreMont Jones would add a good bit of cap to the available number allowing for further other roster moves to be made.
Also if John stays true to the past and trades back a few times, we’ll spend less in drafted rookies than expected.

Still going to be a ton of movement coming this offseason though as it’s the only way we will find the players the new coaches need.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We completely agree and both expect there to be considerable further roster churn before JS acquires the team the new HC wants to field.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
NFLPA has released their first 2024 cap space report:

At $2.74M Seahawks are last in available cap. I assume this incorporates most if not all of the contracts that have been reported. OTC has the Seahawks at just over $2.0M. I suspect OTC is a little low and I'll try to take some time to sort out why they are different. In the 'Grand Scheme', $700K is not a big deal.

We have a couple levers we can still pull to make sure we sign our draft picks and have enough space going into the season.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John, much appreciated!!!

No doubt some salary can be turned into guaranteed $ freeing necessary cap space.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw these dates on the NFL app today

First Day: April 8

Voluntary Minicamp: April 22-24

OTA Offseason Workouts: May 20, May 22-23, May 28, May 30-31, June 3-4, June 6-7

Mandatory Minicamp: June 11-13

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I just read in field gulls comments were signing laviska shenault as a kr pr , according to pellisero
Not familiar with him but lotsa old articles sayin he's a baller

kidhawk

Reaction score
I just read in field gulls comments were signing laviska shenault as a kr pr , according to pellisero
Not familiar with him but lotsa old articles sayin he's a baller
Was just posting about this. Here’s a link