2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Many media sites just report based on reports, not the official transaction wire. Once he's actually signed, it will be official.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course you’re right but to me CBSsports.com is a reputable site, that is usually dependable. For sure this may be another case of the media getting ahead of the story.

I’ll treat Walker as ‘reported signed’ and leave him off the 90 man roster for now.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Many media sites just report based on reports, not the official transaction wire. Once he's actually signed, it will be official.
Yes, so many are too sloppy and confuse agreed to terms with signed with team when writing these articles. If he signed officially we would have to release someone. With OTAs over I doubt they are making him rush to fly in same day.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If the player is public announcing the agreement, I don't have a problem news sites considering it official. Remember, there's a short list of people who pay that close of attention, and most of them are in this thread!

Jville

Reaction score
The mandatory mini camp is scheduled for June 11th thru June 13th. PJ Walker will probably sign off when he arrives this coming Monday / Tuesday. If he has already signed, his effective contract date could be June 10th or June 11th. Kind of a mini futures contract.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If the player is public announcing the agreement, I don't have a problem news sites considering it official. Remember, there's a short list of people who pay that close of attention, and most of them are in this thread!
I don’t mind for the most part either. The only time I think it would be super beneficial to use proper terminology is in the legal tampering period. I’ve seen too many reported signings when in reality nobody can sign and some players have even changed their minds and went elsewhere.

Jville

Reaction score

In order to create a roster spot to sign Walker the team waived undrafted free agent defensive tackle Buddha Jones with an injury designation. As a result of the injury designation, should Jones clear waivers he will revert to injured reserve, where he will remain until he is recovered or until he is released with an injury settlement." 👉 https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/6/1...aive-udfa-to-make-room-on-roster-buddha-jones"

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Jones could be deemed healthy at some point, and then released with no obligation.

Since he'll likely go on IR, his salary will reduce from $795,000 to $470,000.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville your help here is always appreciated.

Thanks as well to Hawkstorian who knows the intricacies of the salary cap.

For me that cap reduction is news. Does that reduction happen with every contract or just base level contracts.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder what percentage of team contracts have this clause in them, I had wondered if there were different pay rates for players on IR, so much about the money side of football I know little about.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Damar Hamlin's contract has a clause like that. He was supposed to get a 45% salary cut for having had a cardiac arrest on the job. However, the Bills and the league knew how bad that would look, so the Bills agreed to continue to pay him the full $48,529.41 for each game (that's $825,000 divided by 17) after his cardiac arrest instead of the $26,764.71 per game the you-can't-play-so-now-you're-screwed part of his contract would have paid him ($455,000 divided by 17).

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawks with around $8.9M in cap space now, so barring any significant additions they can get through the season on that.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks agree to terms with RB- Ricky Person:

In order for this player to be actually signed they will need to release a player. News on that front is still to come.

As ever the news media is ahead of the team's actual announcements.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's en.tirely possible no official signings will happen until the eve of training camp. Who gets cut could depend on injuries

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For sure 👍

Preseason roster moves when up against the roster limit are different from initial building and in season changes for need. There were reasons for the team’s interest in the player to be waived, IR’d, or released. It can’t be assumed that the new addition in fact is any improvement or more than an incremental improvement either. Still it is a change and this RB at least has some demonstrated ability to run hard.

We are all somewhat impatient and continuously looking for news on this front. Must admit some curiosity about this player who is known to the HC as a result of his time in Baltimore.

Do also think there might also be something more happening at ILB with both presumptive starters having injury issues, the depth is less than deep. Time will tell.

Latest posts