2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

Jville

Reaction score
How Sweet it its ....................

"The addition of Jones gives the Seahawks 90 players on their roster, including 17 undrafted rookie free agents, though they are allowed to carry 91 players, as they receive a roster exemption for Italian tackle Max Pircher, who is part of the league's International Player Pathway program."

Link >>> https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-nt-buddha-jones

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
CB Mike Jackson took a pay cut from his RFA tender, saving the Seahawks $1.9M in cap. This will get the team through draft pick signings, and maybe 1 or 2 low vet deals. They will still need to create space before the start of the season to make it through the year, but there's plenty of time, and a few easy moves to make.

My best estimation is a little over $1.7M in space after all draft picks are signed.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
CB Mike Jackson took a pay cut from his RFA tender, saving the Seahawks $1.9M in cap. This will get the team through draft pick signings, and maybe 1 or 2 low vet deals. They will still need to create space before the start of the season to make it through the year, but there's plenty of time, and a few easy moves to make.

My best estimation is a little over $1.7M in space after all draft picks are signed.

I've been wondering about Jackson's fit in the new defense. I don't know that he is sticky enough as a corner for man coverage. Toward the end of last year, began to think about his prospects as a safety. We'll see.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a smart move for him as he was a potential cap casualty now he’s much harder to cut. He plays with physicality and could be a S. He’s far better in man coverage than in zone

Hawkstorian

Reaction score

Interesting, that he was valued enough to get some guarantees, and yet was on the roster less than a week. How bad do things have to be for a team to give up on a guy that quick.

BASF

Reaction score

Interesting, that he was valued enough to get some guarantees, and yet was on the roster less than a week. How bad do things have to be for a team to give up on a guy that quick.

He may have asked for his release if another team made inquiries to his agent.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, strange he was released this soon especially if his contract was partially guaranteed. Suspect there might be more to this than has been announced. Undoubtedly more will come out on this soon.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Am on the road at present with just my cell and will update as quickly as I can get to computer

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Indie: Thing is he was well regarded with a good arm, so I’m unsure he actually did suck. Perhaps we will know more soon.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
OTC has all the UDFA signing bonuses, so we can stack up how they rank.

TE Jack Westover - $25K $50K Guar Sal
WR Dee Williams - $25K $100K Guar Sal
LB Easton Gibbs - $20K $20K Guar Sal
OT Garret Greenfield - $20K $175K Guar Sal
RB George Holani - $15K $100K Guar Sal
WR Hayden Hatten - $15K
LB Nelson Ceaser - $10K $100K Guar Sal
LB Sunny Anderson $10K $100K Guar Sal
RB Tamerik Williams $5.5K
CB Carlton Johnson $5K $50K Guar Sal
RB Kobe Lewis $5K
LB Rason Williams $3K
DE DeVare Levelston $3K
C Mike Novitsky $2.5K
CB Ro Torrence $1K $9K Guar Sal

Base on total guarantees, Greenfield is our true '8th Rd Draft pick' for the year. That's a lot of guaranteed money for these guys. We'll see how it all pans out.

Recently departed QB Chevan Cordeiro received a $7,500 signing bonus plus $10K of his contract was guaranteed, so counts right now as $17,500 in dead cap.