2023 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The players report for TC today. Seems likely something will happen soon with both Witherspoon and Charbonnet.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The players report for TC today. Seems likely something will happen soon with both Witherspoon and Charbonnet.

Makes sense, especially with the Nwosu extension. They could be literally putting pen to paper as I am typing this.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
According to otc.com, after Digg's contract was restructured, Hawks cap space is currently at $13.3M... and does not include Nwosu's extension, which could free up another $5M to 7M.

We could have close to $20M after Nwosu's extension is finalized.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw this in the link to the Charbonnet signing

The NFL’s daily transaction wire also shows that the Seahawks signed defensive tackle Roderick Perry. Perry had two tackles in two games for the Browns last year.

Seattle rounded out the day’s moves by waiving defensive back James Campbell, linebacker Alton Robinson, and cornerback Isaiah Dunn.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks kidhawk, much appreciated!!! Sure want to see Witherspoon signed soon.

I guess it was the case that Alton Robinson was not going to make it back from his injury anytime soon.

The others seem to be camp bodies but are interesting. I presently haven't included DE/OLB- Levi Bell or CB- Andrew Whitaker as the team doesn't have them listed on their transaction page yet.

With the two above at present not included the roster is still a player short of 90.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who starts camp on PUP.

It seems to me that there just might be a roster spot being held open for a player to relent and sign (re-sign) with the team.

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who starts camp on PUP.

It seems to me that there just might be a roster spot being held open for a player to relent and sign with the team.
I think Mone is a big bet to start on PUP. Probably Jamal Adams too. Artie Burns is also coming off an injury, I believe so he maybe another one.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Others could be Eskridge, and Brooks. Hopefully not Eskridge who is now at a 'prove it' point with the team.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Six players are placed on PUP and one on NFI:

the Seahawks placed six players on the active/physically unable to perform list: safety Jamal Adams, linebacker Jordyn Brooks, tight end Noah Fant, nose tackle Austin Faoliu, nose tackle Bryan Mone and cornerback Riq Woolen.
Additionally, nose tackle Jonah Tavai was placed on the active/non-football injury list.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Six players are placed on PUP and one on NFI:

Updating.

Comparing those names to our latest signings and they make much more sense now. Need a balance of bodies and I think that was the case with most of this last round of signings.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sort of appears the the team is looking for warm bodies not on the limp at a few positions.

This player CB- Andrew Whitaker sure looks to be an interesting find though. He's another highly athletic very fast big but raw CB.

FDawgTrump

Reaction score
Feeling Great about Everything! First time in years I’m satisfied with everything but OL. OL is where I expect issues but that’s because we’re inexperienced there, so it could go either way.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Three or four of five OLinemen have played together, and both of the centre candidates are quite smart players with Evan Brown having pro experience and Olu Olu being a consensus top college C from a program that played a pro style O. I like the depth behind each of the ostensible starting positions especially at G, but thought both the team's OTs played well last year and will improve with experience.

My bet is we will be veryhappily surprised with how well both Cross and Lucas play at either T and what we get from a now experienced LG Lewis, or the RG Haynes or Bradford. It's the OC position where the rubber will meet the road and there both candidates could be impressive. Brown is also very capable OG if beaten out and if he beats out Olu that player could be solid interior depth as well. I believe the OLine will be a lot more solid than many think.

I'm more concerned with the team's depth at ILB.

Last edited:

FDawgTrump

Reaction score
Three or four of five have played together, and both of the centre candidates are quite smart players with Evan Brown having pro experience and Olu Olu being a consensus top college C from a program that played a pro style O. I like the depth behind each of the ostensible starting positions especially at G. My bet is we will be happily surprised with how well both Cross and Lucas play at either T and what we get from a now experience LG Lewis, or the RG Haynes or Bradford. It's the OC position where the rubber will meet the road and there both candidates could be impressive.

I'm more concerned with the tea's depth at ILB.
Hayes or Bradford is the hole that concerns me the most. I do see your point & I want to 100% agree with you. I’m ok with ILB.

I feel real good about our team

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks re-sign ILB- Ben Burr-Kirven; numbers now are a full 90 man roster.

Updated.

FDawgTrump

Reaction score
The Seahawks re-sign ILB- Ben Burr-Kirven; numbers now are a full 90 man roster.

Updated.
If we have 1 unit setting aside Special Teams that’s best in the NFL we can win the Super Bowl as long as everything else is pretty good. We don’t have to be perfect. If DreMont Jones isn’t enough we can add in 2024. Maybe Schneider pulls off a trade for interior pass rush before the deadline in October this year after all we gave up 2 round 1’s for Jamal.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree!

I'm just happiest when the D kicks rears and takes names. Yet it is a whole team working together that creates a winning team.

Must say save for the experienced BIG OL' space eater NT the roster look to be quite complete.