2022 Seahawks Depth Chart and Roster Moves

kidhawk

Reaction score
Chris Carson is retiring with a neck injury after 5 seasons. This sucks but I'd rather remember him as tough runner than potentially have to see him in wheelchair paralyzed.

Even though he is retiring, officially, he has been released now with a failed physical designation

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk, you have to think Carson would prefer to retire as a Seahawk. I’ll correct my note as to his status.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No doubt my friend.

I wonder if there will be others, or PUP designations announced soon as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Hmmm, sorry to hear that about BBK. He should probably pass waivers, though, so maybe they can get him back on the injury list. This indicates that there are players in the wings they want working out in camp and they need the roster spot.

Some draft picks just wait for the first day of camp to sign. There's not much reason for draftees to hold out any more. Always good to get the whole draft class in camp.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks announce several signings: https://www.seahawk.com/team/transactions

One of the signings is that of KJ Wright who signed a 1 day contract precedent to retiring. KJ was a perennial favourite player who always played hard. Father Time once again remains undefeated.

The others are: OG Keenan Forbes, TE Jake Hausmann, OG Eric Wilson.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Even though he will only be on the team roster for for one day I plan on showing KJ Wright as being on the team even if his deal is just for one day.

He is a player who has earned every respect the team can give him.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OG- JR Sweezy has signed a 1 day contract with the team to retire as a Seahawks player.

Sweezy was the only DLine conversion to OLine player that Coach Cable succeeded in converting.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I assume the release is strictly a formality and he will retire a Seahawk.

I heard that being released with the failed physical designation allows Carson to collect an injury settlement. Just wanted to follow up with that detail.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks.Com roster is in its usual state of neglect.
Whoever is responsible for maintaining the team’s internet presence should be released from their job as the team has truly suckled at keeping their roster, and transaction pages current for a few years now.

In reality they don’t give a crap, complaints have been made and they are ignored.

Whoever has the responsibility for . Com needs to do something else b/c they suck.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team makes two roster moves by activating OLB/DE- Tyreke Smith from PUP to the active roster and signing UDFA DT- Antonio Valentino.

Valentino was undrafted from UoF Gators and signed with the NYG who recently waived him. Here's a draft profile. It appears he changed his name.

He changed his name from Antonio Shelton to Antonio Valentino after he left Penn St. for Florida as a red shirt senior. He was highly regarded by coaches as hard playing and was suspended by the Big 10 for a game for spitting at an opposing player.

Updated.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seahawks.Com has roster #s for the new players.

Hausmann is #48 Forbes is #62 Wilson is #79 Valentino is #76.

And Arte Burns is now #21.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John!!!

Much appreciated!

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP