2016 Present Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Current Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Now the team has reduced to 53 the whole 53, PS, plus the injured reserve, PUP, etc., etc., now counts against the cap so the cap number has just been updated by OTC. I'll revise on the OP to keep up but did so last week after the Lewis cut and it will be in flux a bit until the roster is settled.

I'll try to keep it as current as possible but am unprepared to do the personal calculations after each roster move so I'm relying on the OTC.com site as it is usually reasonably close when current.

Jville

Reaction score
Error on position listed for Practice Squad member Marcus Lucas.

Marcus Lucas should be listed as a WR wide receiver on the practice squad.

My mistake.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville your post shows us how hard it is to get this right at this time of the year when multiple changes happen quickly, I'll make the change but had heard that and was waiting to see the news posted on a team roster list before changing form the published information. He apparently played WR at Missou, and occasionally TE.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Apparently OG - Robert (Snacks) Myers lately of the Ravens did not sign with the team and instead the team signed OT- Takoby Cofield lately of the Redskins PS.

Jville

Reaction score
Saw the following earlier today ........ "The Seahawks had the following players in for workouts this week: OL Ian Silberman (Boston College), DE Dominique Davis (Liberty), LB/DE Jason Fanaika (Utah) and DE Shelby Harris (Illinois State). The team also got a visit from OL Robert Myers (Tennessee State)." --- Sheil Kapadia
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/773206598822932480[/tweet] ....... apparently came in for a visit but wasn't signed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With several of the players named above the team may add them to their 'ghost roster' or we may see them on the PS at some point going forward. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

It is very typical for the PS to be very much in flux at this time of the year and in the past there is often more than 1 change per week with players coming then going and coming back to PS as competitive needs require or the team looks at diamonds in the rough or sifts through the discard pile to find players who may fit the team's various needs from time to time. In fact the frequency of the PS changes can cause the team to effectively have more than 10 players on the PS every week.

Perhaps there some measure of craftiness in JS' PS roster churn. The team seems to find more than a few players each year from the roster culls or the passed over that they have some interest in developing and even keeping.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The concerns expressed above about the cap were real and the cap overnight went from $10 mil + to $4.5+ approximately and is now $5.4 mil + all in the span of 3 days. I check the OTC.com calculatation each time I post and wonder just how accurate their calculated estimate is in fact.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would say that for issues unknown at this time, we probably will need about 5 mil for the unexpected in our cap. So not too many in the way of changing our roster bonuses and such for this season. Just a supposition on my part.

Jammerhawk and Jville....Thanks so much for the updates as they come in. The other people that have contributed, yes thank you too.... :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/773989576134135808[/tweet]
"#Seahawks have signed CB Tye Smith to their practice squad, release DE Tylor Harris."

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Updated

Thanks Jville, this DC is very likely more accurate than the one at .com

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/774711628281450496[/tweet]
Seahawks today waived LB Eric Pinkins off of Injured Reserve with an injury settlement. So he's now a free agent.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/774711784880033793[/tweet]
Seahawks today also signed WR Antwan Goodley to the practice squad and waived OT Takoby Cofield.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I looked at the IR group and noticed the information there was out of date and where appropriate now show those reverted to IR now waived and receiving (IS).

The list appears to be up to date, and consistent with the IR group as shown on the .Com site.

If we look at the list of players on the PS the number of WRs on the PS is out of whack and we may soon expect the team to make some tough decisions there as comptitive need arises.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/775731926686728192[/tweet]
"Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

FA QB Jake Heaps, who spent time with #Seahawks in camp, is signing to the practice squad, source said. Helps with Russell Wilson's ankle."

No word yet on who will slip off practice squad to open up a spot.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It will likely be one of the numerous WRs.

I'll wait to post the update until the team announces it.

The optics of this move sure seem to raise a concern about RW's availability to practice.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/775758905125195776[/tweet]
Although Aaron Wilson's accuracy is less than 100%
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/775740723748495360[/tweet]

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jammerhawk":89xg2sxh said:
It will likely be one of the numerous WRs.

I'll wait to post the update until the team announces it.

The optics of this move sure seem to raise a concern about RW's availability to practice.

I don't think it's a concern, per se. I just think they want to limit the wear and tear on him until Sunday.

Heaps can absorb a lot of the work.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team's site is behind or the ransactions reported above have not yet happened with the league.

Goodley is not shown on the PS and the Takoby Cofield is still shown on the PS.

We are probably just ahead of the team's site but we've been mislead by twiiter reports a few times this year.

Unrecorded transactions will be the addition of QB- Jake Heaps and DE- Tylor Harris to the PS along with the corresponding players to be waived therefrom.

The PS roster churn continues at it's normal active pace, keeping track is almost a busy activity.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
(Lost the link but) saw this just now
--

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, the Seahawks will sign former Raiders cornerback Neiko Thorpe to their 53-man roster. Thorpe -- 6-1, 200 pounds -- went undrafted out of Auburn in 2012 and was signed by Kansas City Chiefs for a single season.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2darunbo said:
(Lost the link but) saw this just now
--

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, the Seahawks will sign former Raiders cornerback Neiko Thorpe to their 53-man roster. Thorpe -- 6-1, 200 pounds -- went undrafted out of Auburn in 2012 and was signed by Kansas City Chiefs for a single season.
Wonder who is getting released - Simon?

Thorpe played well in that preseason Hawks v Raiders game.