Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^I tend to agree with kag0331, but I am WAAY WAAY WAAY in the minority around here. Sherm is digging a hole. I wish he'd play it cool. Stay off these damn shows. Quit being an attention whore. Play football. I don't see what good comes of all this ME ME ME stuff. He doesn't need it. Of course, most people around here seem to care a great deal about getting the media's attention and approval so they love it. It's already grown stale to me. I thought the push-up contest was pretty badass, though.

USChawk

Reaction score
Does Harbaugh act professional with his act on the sideline?

The reason he wasn't in the pro bowl was because he got hit with the adderall thing no more no less. He was 1st team all-pro which is more important anyways.

Enjoy Sherman picking off Kaepernick for the rest of their careers like he did in the endzone in Seattle. If being a loud mouth with a sh*tload of swagger helps him be one of the if not the best corner in the league then I'm all for it.

Now when his play drops off then all the scavengers will move in for the kill and he'll never hear the end of it. Hopefully that day is very far off and until then fight on Richard Sherman.

White Devil

Reaction score
kag0331":2flqjq9r said:
Dude I'm not calling any one mean I'm just speaking for NFL fans dude is annoying sure doesn't act like a very mature professional athlete.. he acts like that little kid that has to ha e the last word you want to sock in the mouth...didn't he already get slapped after a game I guess I'm not alone players feel the same way... and now commentators...sherm is digging a hole

Wow..thanks "NFL Fan" for speaking for the people...gotta love the 49er trolls :pukeface:

drdiags

Reaction score
kag0331":1b6w2sy3 said:
Dude I'm not calling any one mean I'm just speaking for NFL fans dude is annoying sure doesn't act like a very mature professional athlete.. he acts like that little kid that has to ha e the last word you want to sock in the mouth...didn't he already get slapped after a game I guess I'm not alone players feel the same way... and now commentators...sherm is digging a hole

Sure, there are fans that don't like his style but tons of others who do. I am old school. Grew up watching Butkus and Nitscke, among others. But back then there wasn't the internet, twitter, facebook and a million sports sites. As long as he is productive on the field nothing I say about his conduct matters.

Your Harbaugh comment/comparison of treatment didn't resonate with me and I was just messing with you for even bringing up the comparison of how hypocritical fans can be toward a rival. No one gives the other guys credit. Law of the land.

Yes, Sherman needs to be careful unless he wants his performance on the field to be overlooked. His buddies at NFL AM mentioned the same thing when he was on. He stated himself that he figured he needed to dial down the rhetoric otherwise he marginalizes himself. But he seems not to be doing that yet. I would refrain from going on any more shows if it was me, but it isn't. So as long as the media can make a buck, they will be in bed with this type of story.

He didn't instigate the Revis twitter war, that was on Revis. As well as the comparison thing was on fans egging him on.

JKent82

Reaction score
Go Sherm! Tell it to Skip! That was so awesome. Holy crap that was great.

(though Sherman didn't come off that great himself, but so worth it.)

General Manager

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman should be this outspoken all the time but Skip Bayless is a loudmouth disrespectful bitch he had that coming. I'm glad Sherm lit him up.

kag0331

Reaction score
I think Sherman is a great cornerback in the NFL I would bet that his " swaqqer" isn't what makes him good its all the hard work he puts in when no one is around what none of us fans get to see the real work of an athlete is not on Sunday I know that from playing sports all my life. That's PAYDAY ! I'm not here to piss off the members of the board just an NFL fan giving my two cents. And he also just made skip bayless the most talked about talking head now ! Great work sherm you just gave old Skippy a contract extension....haha

heyu123

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2h4ye72r said:
pinksheets":2h4ye72r said:
Nothing beats when Mark Cuban just flat out decimated Bayless for just speaking in generalities and having nothing substantive to say about basketball.
As sherman did. I fail to see why a few of you think Bayliss 'got to him.' Sherman had the swagger of a prize fighter in that exchange and brought facts to the table. ...and the wink was priceless. ;-)

He got to him because Sherman was obviously very upset by what Bayless said. That's EXACTLY the type of reaction Bayless was hoping for and Sherman for some reason gave it to him. It's the same thing as on a message board when a troll posts outrageous claims just to get posters worked up and upset.

He also didn't answer any of the questions asked and instead went on ranting about how he has a better life than Bayless, taking personal shots, etc.

Sherman went to Stanford, as he let everyone know, he should be smarter than to fall into that trap of slinging shit at each other (which is what first take is)

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
ok, im not a big fan of skip, as most arnt, and it was awesome seeing Sherman put it to him, even though he did seem a little "edgy", as he was taking things really personal.

Now i havent followed Sherman and everything he has done as much as you guys obviously. I know he is a great Cb and such.

My question though is, in all of the Revis talk presented to him, has he ever said Revis is a good CB or anything like that? has he ever admitted that Revis is a great CB as well? or has he only said he thinks he is better? Has he ever shown respect to him? Revis has been the best Cb overall for many years. Like i said, i dont follow him like you guys do, this isnt a joke, i am really asking if he has ever given props to Revis or only claimed to be better when it came up.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
heyu123":3hbwbuid said:
HawKnPeppa":3hbwbuid said:
pinksheets":3hbwbuid said:
Nothing beats when Mark Cuban just flat out decimated Bayless for just speaking in generalities and having nothing substantive to say about basketball.
As sherman did. I fail to see why a few of you think Bayliss 'got to him.' Sherman had the swagger of a prize fighter in that exchange and brought facts to the table. ...and the wink was priceless. ;-)

He got to him because Sherman was obviously very upset by what Bayless said. That's EXACTLY the type of reaction Bayless was hoping for and Sherman for some reason gave it to him. It's the same thing as on a message board when a troll posts outrageous claims just to get posters worked up and upset.

He also didn't answer any of the questions asked and instead went on ranting about how he has a better life than Bayless, taking personal shots, etc.

Sherman went to Stanford, as he let everyone know, he should be smarter than to fall into that trap of slinging shit at each other (which is what first take is)

He flipped it all on Bayless. That clown wanted to reignite all the jawing that went back and forth with Revis and Roddy White, and Sherm wasn't going to go there. He called him out on it and went on the offensive. So while yes, he did jump right into what they were looking for in terms of heated commentary from Sherm, I don't think they were expecting him to completely obliterate that hack.

Sherm said what everyone thinks of Skip Bayless and good on him for it. It's not as if Stephen A even attempted to step in and direct the conversation away from all that, he just sat there and let it happen. Hell he probably enjoyed it as much as we do.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
God bless Sherman and his big mouth. Though, as others have said, Sherman didn't come off that well himself in this round.

drdiags

Reaction score
Fitz the Ram":f8yg2cku said:
ok, im not a big fan of skip, as most arnt, and it was awesome seeing Sherman put it to him, even though he did seem a little "edgy", as he was taking things really personal.

Now i havent followed Sherman and everything he has done as much as you guys obviously. I know he is a great Cb and such.

My question though is, in all of the Revis talk presented to him, has he ever said Revis is a good CB or anything like that? has he ever admitted that Revis is a great CB as well? or has he only said he thinks he is better? Like i said, i dont follow him like you guys do, this isnt a joke, i am really asking if he has ever given props to Revis or only claimed to be better when it came up.

Yes he has. He stated so on NFL AM when the whole twitter thing was discussed with him. He just notes that as long as Revis is out with an ACL, he couldn't be thought of as one of the top CBs for last season. He said once Revis comes back that he is a great player and talent, most likely the best in the league. He just bases his stats for last season and a half to Revis' first two years for those fans that like busting his chops when he says he is a good CB.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kag0331":3gsoj3dm said:
Talk about respect the league doesn't respect Sherman, had the numbers but nobody likes him coaches included if he can't make the probowl. Its just a game but its a definite show of respect. Surprised bayless didn't bring that up would have put him on the ropes....

Get that Pro Bowl garbage out of here. That's the weakest argument ever. The Pro Bowl is a joke, and everyone knows it.

1st team All Pro. That trumps anything.

You Whiners fans are just jealous because you would kill to have Sherman on your team.

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
drdiags":1ipchpc5 said:
Fitz the Ram":1ipchpc5 said:

My question though is, in all of the Revis talk presented to him, has he ever said Revis is a good CB or anything like that? has he ever admitted that Revis is a great CB as well? or has he only said he thinks he is better? Like i said, i dont follow him like you guys do, this isnt a joke, i am really asking if he has ever given props to Revis or only claimed to be better when it came up.

Yes he has. He stated so on NFL AM when the whole twitter thing was discussed with him. He just notes that as long as Revis is out with an ACL, he couldn't be thought of as one of the top CBs for last season. He said once Revis comes back that he is a great player and talent, most likely the best in the league. He just bases his stats for last season and a half to Revis' first two years for those fans that like busting his chops when he says he is a good CB.

ok then, thats good. was just thinking if he hadnt, he'd come off kind of douchee. lol. I agree Revis cant be thought of a top cb last season since he missed almost all of it, its kind of common sense. Good to know and thanks for the info. Makes me like Sherman more(though i still hate him cause he is a seahawk lololol).

Guy is a stud and it seems the media is driving all of this drama that involves him. Though he could of done a better job at not taking it so personal with Skip, but after so much it is bound to happen.

heyu123

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1eiq7o99 said:
meh, Skip is a spineless bitch who cares.

Exactly, so why lower yourself to his level and go on the show to "debate" him?

It's not as if anyone takes Skip seriously. Except for Richard Sherman I guess, based on the anger of his response.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sherm looked very UPSET. Almost emotional.

Good for him. As long as his play and work aren't hurt, whatever's clever. I try not to tell men how they should conduct themselves, but thats just me.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I enjoyed it. These things are always fun when athletes don't stick to the script.

I am amused by the 49ers fan claiming to speak for NFL fans about Richard Sherman. If I went to 49ersWebZone and told them that I speak for all NFL fans when I say that Jim Harbaugh is classless, I would be laughed off their boards - and rightfully so.

What possesses someone to come to the fan boards of a team they dislike to criticize those fans for supporting their players?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bayless is a douch too bad Sherm got his feathers ruffled by this hack. I hope it doesn't bring too much more bad press his way. Sherm seems like a great player, teamate, and human, but the fact he is all the way up in Seattle the only way he gets noticed is by speaking out.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
heyu123":2yxzh4se said:
SNDavidson":2yxzh4se said:
meh, Skip is a spineless bitch who cares.

Exactly, so why lower yourself to his level and go on the show to "debate" him?

It's not as if anyone takes Skip seriously. Except for Richard Sherman I guess, based on the anger of his response.

It's a little different when someone like that is talking shit about you constantly, and literally 5 minutes before you go on his worthless show when he knows you're listening, that's pretty disrespectful. Nobody has to take that, but most just let it happen. I really don't care how Richard came off to people, he probably wasn't his sharpest but Skip got the level of response that he deserved.

Sherm didn't have to do it by any means, but I'm pretty sure he knew that. I think the fact that the show was uncomfortable was great.