Interesting take on Penix

knownone

Reaction score
The facts are apparently misleading. But Joel Klatt is claiming he doesn't want Penix in Seattle handing the ball off 37 times a game when the Seahawks average 23 rush attempts per game. Not misleading. Thumbs up. 😎

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pete won’t take Penix or nix. He has shown to not take local guys over the years. If he had, our safety’s would be Holland and Baker. No he will take a craptastic QB like McCarthy, ir take some OL in the first round who has a second round grade. Who never gets a second contract from Seattle.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Except his point is BS. Look at some stats for dog's sake. We're about a 60% passing team. 🤷‍♂️
Don't be so offended, I think his real point is that any QB coming to Seattle while Carroll is here knows he's going to have his hands tied with little to no creativity, and that's a pretty accurate ding against us that keeps us from being any sort of QB destination.

cymatica

Reaction score
Don't be so offended, I think his real point is that any QB coming to Seattle while Carroll is here knows he's going to have his hands tied with little to no creativity, and that's a pretty accurate ding against us that keeps us from being any sort of QB destination.
That's really the key. The mediots keep parroting an old run first narrative but the real issue is Pete's obsession with playing it safe to the point he neuters his offense as soon as they faced adversity. The kicker is the Seahawks lead the league in throws outside the numbers and Pete had the audacity to gaslight everyone and say it's not by design when it clearly is

GemCity

Reaction score
Would love to have Penix but have to admit, I’d feel bad for him too.

Until our offense changed.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Penix as a Seahawk?​

Mike Salk agreed with Klatt’s assessment of Penix as a pro, and said he’d love for the Seahawks to take him if he’s available.

Let’s just say Klatt doesn’t want that to happen.

“Please no … I’m sorry, but the Seahawks, that’s like seeing Jaxon Smith-Njigba go up there,” Klatt said, referencing Seattle’s first-round receiver from last year’s draft. “It’s like a Ferrari putting around 5 mph. I don’t want Penix in that offense … Penix with the Seahawks, what are we talking about? Can we please send him to an offensive mind, like a young guy? Can we see him with (the Rams’ Sean) McVay or (Miami’s Mike) McDaniel? Penix to Seattle? I don’t want to see him hand off 37 times.”
I don't know - after thinking about it a bit, and taking a little sorta time off .net 'cause of my work schedule -

I honestly think this offseason it might boil down to basically:

Draft Penix.
Fix Oline.
Fix Dline.

I think the rest of the pieces are kinda sorta there.

My .02 - but I DO want to see us drafft a QBOTF - Penix or otherwise. I'm not as completely fixated on Penix, as I have no Huskies/Washington connection. I do like what little I have seen.

Who knows who our OC is going to be. Pete's probably gonna be around for a couple more years. I have a problem separating our passing game from QB pressures. I gotta think that if we can get the QB - whoever that is - a few more ticks that we'll open up the passing game. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: And, just a reminder, as Geno said recently about offensive patterns (no pun intended): "There's only one ball." That rings pretty true. Whether we're bitching about running the ball too much or too little, or passing too much, or not passing underneath enough, or whatever we bitch about - I'd just like some 'productive' BALANCE, and have one game setup the other. Penix behind a Geno/Lock combo with a somewhat lighter passing game for a year or two to get him acclimated to the league? Not the worst thing in my opinion.