[My Take] Macdonald is their guy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Slowik couldn't make a lateral move even if he wanted to without the Texans blessing, and of course they'd say no
See, I agree with you on this one! Slowik's staying with the Texans.
The Kafka situation in NY is unique. Toxic workplace environment. He wants out and Daboll doesn't really want him, having Kafka get part of the credit for Daboll's "brilliance". The front office actually listened in on the coach headsets for several games, and noted that Daboll's comments on the coaches headsets were all negative, blaming, second-guessing, with NO forward-looking content. Literally: "You're gonna make us lose this one too, just like you made us lose to the Jets!"

Slowik and CJ Stroud had a great year and Demeco Ryans seems like a great dude. Besides, Slowik's offense got DOMINATED by the Ravens in a playoff game, so I don't think he's ready. Of course, Ben Johnson's offense got dominated by the Ravens in the regular season. BUT, Johnson's offense showed well and was good enough to beat the 49ers NFC #1 defense in the NFC championship game. The win just didn't happen, due to drops, fumbles, freak plays (facemask ricochet for 49ers TD) coach game management decisions, etc. (Kick the damn FG!) But not Johnson's fault.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think Macdonald would more likely bring in Martindale as DC.
I thought Martindale already got hired elsewhere. But apparently not. Yes, I'd love to have Martindale as DC, especially with Macdonald as HC, or as Johnson's DC. Maybe Martindale has had conversations where he's held off other interest to follow Macdonald or Johnson. Speculation only! Or as simple as he took a month-long vacation with his family and is purposely unreachable?

Jac

Reaction score
See, I agree with you on this one! Slowik's staying with the Texans.
The Kafka situation in NY is unique. Toxic workplace environment. He wants out and Daboll doesn't really want him, having Kafka get part of the credit for Daboll's "brilliance". The front office actually listened in on the coach headsets for several games, and noted that Daboll's comments on the coaches headsets were all negative, blaming, second-guessing, with NO forward-looking content. Literally: "You're gonna make us lose this one too, just like you made us lose to the Jets!"

Slowik and CJ Stroud had a great year and Demeco Ryans seems like a great dude. Besides, Slowik's offense got DOMINATED by the Ravens in a playoff game, so I don't think he's ready. Of course, Ben Johnson's offense got dominated by the Ravens in the regular season. BUT, Johnson's offense showed well and was good enough to beat the 49ers NFC #1 defense in the NFC championship game. The win just didn't happen, due to drops, fumbles, freak plays (facemask ricochet for 49ers TD) coach game management decisions, etc. (Kick the damn FG!) But not Johnson's fault.
Slowik's best move was probably always going to be staying with the Texans and continuing to grow with Stroud. The league is going to throw money at the next hot OC. He could be next year's (or the year after's) Ben Johnson.

Mase

Reaction score
- By this who beat who theory, we should be hiring Steve Spagnola, as he has designed some great game plans over the last few weeks. He should be our new head coach, as I am sure he would be great. Oh wait, he already was a head coach, and it didn't go well?? What?? But, but, gameplan.

- There is zero proof that a good coordinator will automatically become a great head coach. That is why the interview process is so important. We can't ignore Quinn, or ignore Slowik just because their last game didn't go well. My personal preference, not sitting in on ANY interviews, would be Ben Johnson. But if JS decides he is a great coordinator but might really struggle as a head coach, then I say go another direction.

Mase

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport:
„Talked to a bunch of people who involved in the Headcoach search, everyone said he is very dynamic and he had one/or the best Interview by far. Remind many ppl on Sean McVay of Defense.“

chris98251

Reaction score
Thing about a OC, you could get a Chip Kelly or a Bill Walsh, Steve Spurrier or Mcvay, they need to be less ego driven and know how not only Manage a football team but relate with people and use them to their strengths while developing a Network as they install schemes on the team.