Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":5zdji9px said:
^I tend to agree with kag0331, but I am WAAY WAAY WAAY in the minority around here. Sherm is digging a hole. I wish he'd play it cool. Stay off these damn shows. Quit being an attention whore. Play football. I don't see what good comes of all this ME ME ME stuff. He doesn't need it. Of course, most people around here seem to care a great deal about getting the media's attention and approval so they love it. It's already grown stale to me. I thought the push-up contest was pretty badass, though.

Irony.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
bestfightstory":3b6ap265 said:
^I tend to agree with kag0331, but I am WAAY WAAY WAAY in the minority around here. Sherm is digging a hole. I wish he'd play it cool. Stay off these damn shows. Quit being an attention whore. Play football. I don't see what good comes of all this ME ME ME stuff. He doesn't need it. Of course, most people around here seem to care a great deal about getting the media's attention and approval so they love it. It's already grown stale to me. I thought the push-up contest was pretty badass, though.

I can't speak for everyone, but I like that Sherman does whatever he needs to do in order to find that extra motivation to make himself better. He might be loud and obnoxious sometimes, but at least he isn't complacent or uninterested (or at least, that is how I look at it).

I don't necessarily crave media attention for the team. Maybe back before tens of fan websites that focus on my favorite team, I would have. At this point, I don't even watch ESPN unless someone posts a video on a fansite like this one.

uncle fester

Reaction score
It's about time a player called out an 'expert' on tv. Long overdue, actually.

Yes, Sherman could possibly have handled it a little better, (being articulate with a guy whining like that in your ear must be difficult), but the message was there, loud and clear.

pehawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":23n38wa6 said:
bestfightstory":23n38wa6 said:

Irony.

Okay, thats funny. Not trying to pile on, I try and give props when merited.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
OK, the more I watch this, the more I LOVE IT. Sherm did not look hurt at all he actually wasn't even trying that hard, he looked a little tired, but other than that he looked pretty chill, its just the way he talks. This interview is awesome, he gave that show no respect and it makes me giddy like a school girl.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I love Russell Wilson, I love Earl Thomas, and I love Marshawn Lynch, but I think I just decided to get a Richard Sherman jersey.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I like to pretend that Richard played nice on ESPN and NFL Network the last couple months so the network would think he was cool to let on First Take, only so he could get there and rip skip a new one, kind of like Bruce Lee in Game of death, he had to gradually climb the stairs and defeat the lesser hacks to eventually crap on bayless on tv, all for my enjoyment.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Well done by Ringworm! I need to get myself a Sherm jersey this week now.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I am okay with conflict, and this video made me uncomfortable...haha

DohBoy

Reaction score
From NFL.com:

"Sherman eviscerated Bayless on live airwaves, sending the program down a rolling river of awkwardness ("First Take" co-host Stephen A. Smith might still be sitting in front of a camera with his mouth open)."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... first-take

A link to some crap website, albeit w/post-interview Sherm tweets:

"Put a national television host in his place, take a nap and go shoot some Zombies. Pretty successful day."

http://97rockonline.com/richard-sherman ... -than-you/

Sando blog, w/forty-whiner fans displaying diarrhea of the mouth in the "comments" section:

"The media tour turned into a media beatdown..."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... first-take

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wooooooo!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this! Skip Bayless, along with too many others to even count, is the kind of hack that's helped set the sports journalism industry back eons. Seeing ANYONE, especially one of my favorite Seahawks put Bayless in his place is a beautiful sight to me. Sherm tells it like it is and some people just can't handle that.

No one denies Ali's greatness despite the amount of trash he talked. If Sherman keeps his level of play up over his career, which I'm sure he will, people will look back at his greatness fondly. Heck, they'll probably even look back at his trash talking fondly the way they do with Ali now.

And it's funny how the sports media conveniently forgets about all the community service Sherman does. Messes with the image they're trying to promote of him being a punk. Funny how no one even remembers to mention that Sherman only RESPONDS to, and FINISHES, trash talk.

I'm going to watch this every morning when I wake up to remind myself that Richard Sherman, in his 24 years of life, is better at life than Skip Bayless. One of the greatest quotes of all-time from an athlete to a "journalist."