2028: Seahawks.NET's 30 Year Anniversary!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It just dawned on me today. 4 years from now it will be the 30th Anniversary of .NET. I am quite sure there are no other fan forums on the InterWebs that could make that claim. Assuming we are spared an asteroid event, I don't see why we can't reach that incredible milestone.

I'm thinking we should plan some kind of cool event. I don't have a clue what that could be at the moment but we have 4 years to plan it. Vegas would be fun. It would be an astounding hoot to meet many regular members of .NET I haven't met in person, and reunite with Alumni members again...If we aren't 6 feet under, LOL!

Gallows humor aside, what a remarkable thing that would be. Even the reprobates and knuckleheads would be free to attend as long as they didn't bring weapons. (tee hee)

On a serious note, I've had the pleasure of meeting many .NET members, became friends with several, including the ones you might put in that "reprobates and knuckleheads" category. Often, I have discovered, most people who come off that way online are either misunderstood or simply not the same person in public that they are online.

So this doesn't need to be a stickied thread or anything. I thought I would just get the collective juices flowing on the idea of a 30th Anniversary and what on earth that might look like from a logistic, practical perspective that could favor the majority interested in attending?

chris98251

Reaction score
I would think there needs to be Alcohol, Booze, Festive Drink, Beer, Wine, maybe some Hard Lemonade and food to go with that. Throw in some Music also. Location well that's the hard part, tradition would be in my mind at Les's bless his soul for the Cheney Kick off, that's no longer feasible, Temple Billiards where ya all got together in the early years but not sure that fits like it used to and you may want more casual. Bar B que and memories is kinda my thinking on stuff like this. Celebration of getting 30 years from an idea, remembering many of the past and long time posters and those not with us anymore, Seahawks, Seahawks, Seahawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
IIRC, I initailly discovered this site early in 2004, but the couldn't find it again. I was frantic for about a week, before I rediscovered it. I have prolbably spent a good portion of my life on here, and although I have yet to meet anyone in person, I've conversed with them via phone, text, snail mail, and what have you.

It was a good thing I found this site when I did, because it made the debacle of XL survivable. I'll never forget Todd's story "The 5 Stages of Grief," as it referred to that game, and how that brought us together as a community.

I had to look up the original 5 stages:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It just dawned on me today. 4 years from now it will be the 30th Anniversary of .NET. I am quite sure there are no other fan forums on the InterWebs that could make that claim. Assuming we are spared an asteroid event, I don't see why we can't reach that incredible milestone.

I'm thinking we should plan some kind of cool event. I don't have a clue what that could be at the moment but we have 4 years to plan it. Vegas would be fun. It would be an astounding hoot to meet many regular members of .NET I haven't met in person, and reunite with Alumni members again...If we aren't 6 feet under, LOL!

How about .NET attending a Seahawks game?

I'm in South America, but I can imagine planning and making the trip in four years.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'll be close to retirement in 4 years, plans to move to Colorado. I think it would be great to get together, especially now that I will probably have more free time and no longer reporting to any bosses , well, except to the wife..but sounds like something to look forward to..can't wait!

Jimmy

Reaction score
I have been around since before .NET (Jcrew2 back in those days) I just lurk now but still come here every day and catch up. 30 years is incredible, I would be intrested in joining in something.

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
I would think there needs to be Alcohol, Booze, Festive Drink, Beer, Wine, maybe some Hard Lemonade and food to go with that. Throw in some Music also. Location well that's the hard part, tradition would be in my mind at Les's bless his soul for the Cheney Kick off, that's no longer feasible, Temple Billiards where ya all got together in the early years but not sure that fits like it used to and you may want more casual. Bar B que and memories is kinda my thinking on stuff like this. Celebration of getting 30 years from an idea, remembering many of the past and long time posters and those not with us anymore, Seahawks, Seahawks, Seahawks.
Does this include John63?....I'd REALLY like to meet him...200...lol

Hawknight

Reaction score
I agree with some...Along with the 30th anniversary, I think it would also be appropriate to have some kind of tribute to Les, being one the best highlights of what made this site as great as it is, aside from you Todd that is and perhaps also to those other 12's we have lost over the many seasons. Just a thought!