Pick your Poison

morgulon1

Reaction score
keepertd":shz9sfl8 said:
morgulon1":shz9sfl8 said:
Fibonacci, my trollish little friend. Havent you read any of my other posts? Or any of the posts on here? Then you show up with your awesome stats (red zone efficiency now) putting me in my place. Do you need someone on this board to validate all your reasons why you think ATL is going to win the game this weekend?It isn't going to happen. Isn't it around 10pm east coast time? I bet your mom just got your spiderman pj's out and it's time for bed.

Once again, good luck to your team.

actually i think he was actually trying to have a sensible debate, and he doesnt want anyone to "validate" anything, its more of a discussion between two fans (or more) of opposing teams...

Sorry Keeper, no offense. I'm not much of a debate guy. I think that alot of this kind of stuff goes out the window in the playoffs. So much on the line,one game, all the marbles. You get the point. I see a somewhat high scoring game (for us,not for you guys lol). If we can win the turnover battle we take it 30-24. Im sure you see it different but thats my take. Good luck.

chris98251

Reaction score
You speak of our WR's not having big numbers, but not that our running game was I beleive top 1 or 2 in yards and attempts. That will put a dent in WR statistics. We also have put a large number of players on the filed at WR and TE, Edwards isn't even here anymore is one example, two more are playing for other teams also.

This team was still in finding itself mode thru the first 8 games, last 8 they solidified more and had a more consistent personel group. They also were not opening up the passing as much due to having a rookie playing at QB. Playing those 1st 8 games over with the experience we have now I think would have a different outcome.

Losing Clemons is going to hurt and help. One the base defense all your coaches are going to look at isn't going to be the same. We hardly blitzed at all, with Clemons down I see more exotic and concealed packages coming Sunday, no film or tendencies to chart because it hasn't been done much.

One last thing, how good are you at handling the Bandit package, I see that being broke out again with your multiple receiver sets as another confusion factor for Ryan along with the blitz that can come from it.

Our linebackers are under rated, but two are as fast as most CB's or safetys, adding the bandit with our fast LB's and Chancelor gives a lot of looks for a QB that when pressured makes questionable decisions.

Our offense is going to run and beat up and tire out your defense, chasing Might Mouse has proven exhausting for any team that has a decent defense. 49ers, Bears, Rams, all good defenses just got wore out.

Once tired and legs gone is when we really start opening up things and can turn mistakes and slower reactions into points due to the team speed we have.

One last thing, our field position has been very good many games through out, with not only our defense and turnover but Ryan our punter is one of the best in the league kicking inside the 20 and 10 yd lines. Starting in a hole with pressure has been very effective and gives us a mental edge whenever it happens.

keepertd

Reaction score
morgulon1":3i3zv0dn said:
Sorry Keeper, no offense. I'm not much of a debate guy. I think that alot of this kind of stuff goes out the window in the playoffs. So much on the line,one game, all the marbles. You get the point. I see a somewhat high scoring game (for us,not for you guys lol). If we can win the turnover battle we take it 30-24. Im sure you see it different but thats my take. Good luck.

no offense taken, in all honesty this whole game reminds me of the SECCG (BAMA VS UGA)..all the talk went out the window and the game wasnt over until UGA was unluvky on a last second play in the redzone...31-27 falcons :p

mikeak

Reaction score
morgulon1":3vn5rfy2 said:
keepertd":3vn5rfy2 said:
morgulon1":3vn5rfy2 said:
Fibonacci, my trollish little friend. Havent you read any of my other posts? Or any of the posts on here? Then you show up with your awesome stats (red zone efficiency now) putting me in my place. Do you need someone on this board to validate all your reasons why you think ATL is going to win the game this weekend?It isn't going to happen. Isn't it around 10pm east coast time? I bet your mom just got your spiderman pj's out and it's time for bed.

actually i think he was actually trying to have a sensible debate, and he doesnt want anyone to "validate" anything, its more of a discussion between two fans (or more) of opposing teams...

So you come in to a debate thread and call someone with numbers supporting his argument trollish and you support that with not wanting to debate because in the playoffs numbers don't matter....

Interesting argument

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
keepertd":2b4n9ord said:
morgulon1":2b4n9ord said:

Thanks. That's all I'm trying to do. I do not want to upset anyone. We are all fans just a different team. I take account of a lot of good things being said against me.
Again, thanks

TJH

Reaction score
morgulon1":2v50ywdo said:
keepertd":2v50ywdo said:
morgulon1":2v50ywdo said:

Then don't enter a thread that's sole purpose is to have a debate. :roll:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing about that passing game we apparently dont have; our quarterback somehow managed to throw 26 touchdown passes. That's how we roll... run first, run to win, but throw to score. Our offense has proven to be extremely well rounded this year (starting in the second half of the season really). Atlanta seems really one dimensional on offense, and that one dimension unfortunately (for you) plays right to our biggest strength.

Dont be such a stat monkey worrying about haw many 1,000 yard receivers we don't have. This isnt fantasy and this just is NOT the same team that existed prior to week 12.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
wanna know where i get my ticket information from? STUBHUB.COM alone has 9,184 tickets available for the game as of 11 pm PST

HawkHouse

Reaction score
So much manliness being tossed around here !!!

Cherp Cherp ...

We'll see which BIRD is left standing come Sunday ...

Alligator Arms gonna be visible ...

BOOM !!! :thfight7:

keepertd

Reaction score
CANHawk":ypco9j7s said:
Funny thing about that passing game we apparently dont have; our quarterback somehow managed to throw 26 touchdown passes. That's how we roll... run first, run to win, but throw to score. Our offense has proven to be extremely well rounded this year (starting in the second half of the season really). Atlanta seems really one dimensional on offense, and that one dimension unfortunately (for you) plays right to our biggest strength.

Dont be such a stat monkey worrying about haw many 1,000 yard receivers we don't have. This isnt fantasy and this just is NOT the same team that existed prior to week 12.

which leads to one of my original posts...stop the run and the Falcons have a major boost to the chances...im not saying your passing game isnt worth a damn or anything, but for a team all year that has primarily depended on the run first pass in the end...is definatly a huge boost....same can be said about the Falcons, the one and only hope of us having a run game is that Seattle knows the passing game and preps for it so much that the running game makes its first appearance all year...that and the screens we use 99999 times a game will definatly be huge

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
CANHawk":2z69940b said:

you been very nice to me. and genararlly I have agreed with what you have said.

I just don't see a passing game though. but since you brought up 26 TD's. then what I wonder is if you have a more so red zone threat, then what I realized.

and we our one dimension a lot. but is it that much of difference then y'all? y'all have a RB with over 1000 yards, but y'alls WR in total yards is not even 3000.
- we have a RB who does not get the yardage. but we kill it in throwing game.
- so if we are one dimensional, then so are y'all.

Largent80

Reaction score
keepertd":3o4obats said:
morgulon1":3o4obats said:
Largent80":3o4obats said:
In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

We also have a bruising RB that is also quick ....he is......A BEAST.

I like our chances quite frankly.

Yeah but, yeah but,...Hey we gave up a million draft picks for julio jones. We have "Matty Ice" (stupid name btw)
Yeah but, yeah we had the wrong coordinators, thats why we got dominated the last three years in the post season.

Russell Wilson has won more play off games than Matty Ice.

you have also been terrible on the road (sucks when your teams history is brought in against you huh?)

History gets re-written every day and we are writing our new book now. (See 3 road wins in a row, and one a playoff win, which is something you know nothing about)....that sucks huh?..Your team will be added to the list of losers we roll on the way to winning our first title.

That sucks huh?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And yet it continues.

I think all of these threads should get shacked.

"I am just here to have a sensible football conversation" Which is only sensible if others agree while not giving any credit to the statements that are presented as argument.
Please.. shack it, so I can have fun too. Can is acting over-responsible and that is just fine, but our strengths lie in the mundane, pathetic and out of sarcasm.

The Radish

Reaction score
Seems some of our own posters are having a hard time having normal discussions.

This poster is telling his side as he sees it. We of course see it differently but some are having problems saying that with out it coming out as (YOU SUCK?)

To many of our posters now a days are more interested in confrontation than discussion and frankly I'm sick of it!

If you can't debate your own team without being a jerk, then perhaps you're on the wrong board!!

:th2thumbs:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fibonacci":1pu7ru31 said:
CANHawk":1pu7ru31 said:

you been very nice to me. and genararlly I have agreed with what you have said.

I just don't see a passing game though. but since you brought up 26 TD's. then what I wonder is if you have a more so red zone threat, then what I realized.

and we our one dimension a lot. but is it that much of difference then y'all? y'all have a RB with over 1000 yards, but y'alls WR in total yards is not even 3000.
- we have a RB who does not get the yardage. but we kill it in throwing game.
- so if we are one dimensional, then so are y'all.
Lol. Dude, we're 9th overall in the league in rushing TD's with 16 and 8th overall in passing TD's with 27. And our rookie qb had training wheels on for the first half of the season. How the blue hell is that one dimensional?

I like you too. We should totally hug later and maybe go for frozen yogurt or something, but you've got your head way up your ass with these stats. You roll out stats to try and prove whatever point of view you have, but when the same stats are used to contradict you the game is suddenly all about being played between the hashes.

Sup with that?

As for "red zone threats", we have several. Zack Miller has a huge catch radius and will catch anything around him. Uses his big body to box out defenders. Golden Tate is a YAC monster and will getvin the endzone is you get him the ball inside the 10. Fullback Mike Robinson has been leaking into the flats and getting lots ot TDs lately. Sidney Rice shluld be considered on the cusp of being elite after some of the circus catches he's made. Doug Baldwin isamazing at getting both feet down inside. Hell, even Anthony McCoy hasn't been dropping as many balls lately. And of course you ALWAYS have to be wary of BeastMode (but worry about him too much and Russell will keep it on the read option). We have LOTS of dudes who can put up 6 inside the 20.

ensett

Reaction score
Its less about total yard and more about efficiency. We are very efficient at passing, Wilson has a higher QB rating and HIGHER yards per attempt than Matt Ryan. Both have a very good completion %

When it comes it rushing, the Seahawks are extremely efficient. Statistically, the Falcons are not.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Ok this is my last post.

1. I feel we have beaten this thought enough. Y'all seen what I said, and I seen what y'all said.

2. great fans y'all are. if any of y'all are coming to Georgia this sunday, you can strop by and tailgate with me and my friends. you can see I am civil and I am not going to be a jerk.
- just send me a message or bump this thread. I will continue to read, just not post.

3. One person on here did get upset, I am really not about upsetting anyone. we both have feathers and I do not want to ruffle any on either side.

4. what I have learned
- you have a great RB (I do not need to write 20 pages on how awesome he is)
- you have a red zone game in passing....something I did not have a clue at.
- you stand by your DB's. and they have played a good duo for NE.
- and lastly between the hashes.

5. you did let me knwo; without you saying it, that I was a little high on my team and that you did have a good team. therefore you brought me back to earth
- and for that I thank you.

6. If I kept on yapping. then I see this going round and round...and no more of a point will be made, then what has been already stated. Or worse, it would turn to more then one person getting upset. or even worse me getting upset. :p anyhow I am really not about upsetting anyone, especially coming to another teams message boards, only trolls do that.

anyhow I do thank you a lot more then what you might realize. and I look forward to the game on Sunday.
and I will return if the Falcons lose to congratulate you all. I did the exact same thing the year the packers ripped into us with over 40 points.

Asante' (Thank you)
Namaste' (a respectful good-bye)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Fibonacci,

Here is my last thoughts (not to have the last word though). You have a very good team and you get us at home which is absolutely HUGE in the playoffs. My only point is our strengths lean towards playoff football in January, we run the ball and have a fairly stout defense. Which leads me
to say this should be an interesting showdown. If youre team wins come on back or PM me and I will personally congratulate you. I don't hate the Falcons and if you beat us will be rooting for them to go all the way as I feel about the niners the way you feel about the Saints.

PS on a unrelated note: I wish you guys would ditch those uniforms and go with your throwbacks fulltime because theyre sharp as hell. We here at
Seahawks.net have had a couple of discussions about uniforms.

Take care ,

Morgulon

Latest posts