Pick your Poison

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":24izkjxr said:
What a surprise... Fans from the other team's board showed up, start the conversation off by saying how respectful they are, that they don't want smack and they all do the same thing. In every case, they try to sell us their victory in an argument of stats and record. When countered by opinion, they argue back some other meaningless factoid, never giving up. Seemingly posting with the desire of hearing that one opposing fan agree with their assesment and fear their perfect team. It all comes with the insecurity of being the fan of a team that cannot win a playoff game under their current head coach and franchise Quarterback.

HOLY SHIT. I just looked at their schedule...

Dear NFL Schedule Gods,

I would just like to thank you for providing my favorite team, the Seahawks the easiest path via road games to get through the playoffs. I know you aren't guaranteeing a win (Well OK, maybe you are, but I don't want to appear disrespectful to any Falcon fans who might read this letter) but you are however giving us the best chance the Seahawks could possibly ask for. It is not often a team comes up in a playoff game and leaves you thinking "Gravy" so I will cherish this gift for many years. I understand that there is nothing you can do about the Conference Championship game and that you ran out of pretenders to grant playoff spots to. All that is left if you take away Atlanta are good teams.

I now understand the reasons that you did not schedule Atlanta to play against any of the other playoff teams left, where those three have all played each other.

Respectfully yours,

LoafOfTatupu.
sorry I thought I did give y'all credit on a lot. not just Lynch, not just beating chicago.....you can go read through my post. anyhow if I am being uncalled for and smack talking I will go back to my boards. if you and a lot of other guys say so, then I will walk away with not a word in reply, (ok maybe I'll say I will see y'all there and it was nice to meet a lot of you all. and I am sorry for upsetting anyone. I am not a person who smack talks....unless it is a saints fan.)

but one other thing.....Lofa.
- why the heck did you leave. Man I was looking forward to you. cause we had this guy called Lofton that was only a run blocker and made our passing in the middle of the field a shame. and Lofton left us to go to the saints for a cheaper price and I bashed him at the saints game in atlanta to his face (well I was in my season ticket seats on the 50, on the ninth row.....but way up in the 300 section :D lol.) anyhow man I was looking forward to having you. I could watch that eagle seahawks game all day where you picked off vick 3 times I believe over and over.
and we could have used you mid way into the season. we had Spoon go down for a couple weeks and it hurt, yeah we still won the game....but man we could have used you in so many ways to better us.

anyhow if you are feeling better will you call mike smith back up and say you are ready to give it a shot again. I bet you would get a shot. oh and I bet you enjoyed some of our tweet talks as well about how happy we were to have you.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Fibonacci":z2isr1lr said:
where you getting it is not sold out?
the only tickets that were available were single seats. and a lot of those tickets are for resale....and I doubt they'll be sold.
72,000 fans will be there; yes some will be seahwaks. I do not see y'all as a travel team like cowboys and green bay. I honestly think maybe just 5000 will be there....maybe 10,000 at most.
I just checked ticketmaster to double check this. if you are looking at stubhub, ebay, craigslist, etc./.....you have to realize the tickets were already purchased inorder to be on those sites. and you can find tickets like that a lot to many games.

Sorry, man. That's actually kind of worse. Sounds like Falcons fans who buy tickets are more interested in reselling them (for profit maybe?) than attending the game and rooting for the team.

Keep in mind, you are talking to a fanbase who has a two year waiting list for season tickets. All of our home games are sold out, never mind a playoff game.

What's that fan sauce they sell in Atlanta... weak something...?

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Fibonacci":zvq8d8xl said:
CHawks4L":zvq8d8xl said:
How are we gonna win?

Well the Falcons have an outstanding passing game, and some great DB play, but aside from that, they are unbalanced. Running offense and running defense are your weaknesses. They do play consistent though and have a knack for winning tight games.

The Seahawks are balanced on both sides. We use that to control the game. We don't care about yardage stats, our emphasis is time of possession and turnovers, which yields points for and against. If your offense is sitting on the bench, well it will be a lot easier for us to contain it. If you stack the run, we'll have no problem exploiting it with the same formations and personnel in a very effective and efficient passing game. Atlanta has never stopped a read option QB because RGIII was concussed after he only had a single carry.

The Hawks will play a field position battle all day, tire you out with physical play and simply beat you up and win it in the 4th. You guys might have a huge advantage in firepower and home run type threats, but you'll strike out on several possessions. While you swing for the fences, the Hawks will slap base hits making it a greater chance for victory.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite here, two different styles... we'll see what happens on Sunday, but as long as the Hawks can be ready to play early morning come Sunday, I feel very confident about the result. Seahawks 24- Falcons 18
first what passing game are you speaking of. I see one guy who has 900 yards, the other has 800, the third has 400. (Rodgers our RB has more yards then your number three probably).
second. we are the reason RG3 was concused. before the game he had two great legs and a good head. before he left the game we were winning. (when he left y'alls game, y'all were losing) (when y'all faced him, he was 1 leg with an idiot coach)

So you are using stats again I see... Stats don't mean nothing, ask Calvin Johnson. If you want a stat about our passing game, check out which Qb has the highest QBR on the road since week 6. You don't need a lot of stats to win games... You need efficiency (or in the Falcon's case, the 27th easiest schedule).

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
mikeak":1zycnc0l said:
You know in the defense of the Atlanta fans - I have seen some very nice thought out posts here that just because they SHOCKINGLY think their team will win are rudely put down by Seahawks fans as gibberish so in the end you get a non nice back and forth.

Not surprised but a few people on both sides of the fences are bringing up great information which is fun to read

Example - the FIRST, SECOND and THIRD reply to the OP that laid out his teams numbers were all just Falcons can't win in the playoffs ........

very thought out posts
it is not that your fans are dishing us. It is the media. the media has dished us for ever. year after year. only for a few games last year, and at the start of the season last year did we get credit.
it is honestly like the Media has forgotten about what we did to both mannings, drew brees (second team). every time we face a team, the media hypes the heck out of them; but strangely after that they act like they never said such things....and still won't give us credit for that win.
so it is not y'all, it is the media.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Fibonacci":zwzigfda said:
- why the heck did you leave. Man I was looking forward to you. cause we had this guy called Lofton that was only a run blocker and made our passing in the middle of the field a shame. and Lofton left us to go to the saints for a cheaper price and I bashed him at the saints game in atlanta to his face (well I was in my season ticket seats on the 50, on the ninth row.....but way up in the 300 section :D lol.) anyhow man I was looking forward to having you. I could watch that eagle seahawks game all day where you picked off vick 3 times I believe over and over.
and we could have used you mid way into the season. we had Spoon go down for a couple weeks and it hurt, yeah we still won the game....but man we could have used you in so many ways to better us.

anyhow if you are feeling better will you call mike smith back up and say you are ready to give it a shot again. I bet you would get a shot. oh and I bet you enjoyed some of our tweet talks as well about how happy we were to have you.

See, now y'all are gettin' it. We like to mess around a bit, have fun, talk smack. There's always a line, and it can be tough to discern where that is on an opponent's board, but rule of thumb is don't take anything personally, don't be too serious, remember we're all just fans, and have a good time with stats, opinions, ideas, etc. :229031_cheers:

Having said that, our birds are gonna eat your birds and poop out little black & red pellets all over Atlanta as we fly back to Seattle and prepare for the NFCCG! BAM!

morgulon1

Reaction score
It is supposed to be " dissed" not "dished" Fibonacci. I can't understand why people from opposing teams come to our board, and vice versa of course. What are we supposed to do? Tell you how great your team is and of course " pick our poison"? WTF!

I do think you have a good team, nobody on here has said otherwise . You speak of being dished by us and the media? You are a good team that hasnt won anything yet. Nothing worse than a team that kicks ass during the regular season then their buttholes tighten up in January.

Theyre are alot of people on here that feel disrespected by the media. Me I couldnt give two shits. Ive gotten used to the NFL network giving Brady and the Manning boys happy endings. Even Romo scratching and clawing his way to mediocrity season after season is big news to them for some reason. GET USED TO IT!!! Atl is not a large market team and they havent done late January damage.

Good luck to your team this weekend......

keepertd

Reaction score
morgulon1":3bputfln said:
Largent80":3bputfln said:
In case you didn't notice we have won all 3 of our recent road games. Also, we were down 14-0 in the middle of the first quarter on the road on a field called a pasture by everyone that has seen it/played on it. We scored 24 unanswered points to win the game

We played in a dome for over 20 years, the fast track suits our defense to a tee. We have probably the best secondary in football. You beat us last year when most were rookies. They now play as a team.

We have a dynamic quarterback that will tire out your defense with both his arm and his legs. He doesn't make many mistakes and knows how to win games. In fact, he won the first playoff game he appeared in.

We also have a bruising RB that is also quick ....he is......A BEAST.

I like our chances quite frankly.

Yeah but, yeah but,...Hey we gave up a million draft picks for julio jones. We have "Matty Ice" (stupid name btw)
Yeah but, yeah we had the wrong coordinators, thats why we got dominated the last three years in the post season.

Russell Wilson has won more play off games than Matty Ice.

congrats he beat RG 1.5 :roll: you have also been terrible on the road (sucks when your teams history is brought in against you huh?)

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":urpsnjr4 said:
Fibonacci":urpsnjr4 said:

See, now y'all are gettin' it. We like to mess around a bit, have fun, talk smack. There's always a line, and it can be tough to discern where that is on an opponent's board, but rule of thumb is don't take anything personally, don't be too serious, remember we're all just fans, and have a good time with stats, opinions, ideas, etc. :229031_cheers:

Having said that, our birds are gonna eat your birds and poop out little black & red pellets all over Atlanta as we fly back to Seattle and prepare for the NFCCG! BAM!
hey hey now.....between the hashes.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seahawks just play who they put out there. We have a history of road troubles but I feel alot better about them as of late. We have never won a super bowl either, lost our only time we went.Maybe I should go to a Falcon board and ask them to "pick their poison" then fire all these wacky stats at them supporting my case and then be amazed when the Falcon fans don't agree and tell me to eat shit.

Oh and....

Russell Wilson has won more playoff games than Matt Ryan. On the road too. Uh... na na na nah

keepertd

Reaction score
morgulon1":2qovohzk said:
Seahawks just play who they put out there. We have a history of road troubles but I feel alot better about them as of late. We have never won a super bowl either, lost our only time we went.Maybe I should go to a Falcon board and ask them to "pick their poison" then fire all these wacky stats at them supporting my case and then be amazed when the Falcon fans don't agree and tell me to eat shit.

Oh and....

Russell Wilson has won more playoff games than Matt Ryan. On the road too. Uh... na na na nah

already been done...and it was more of "you guys lose in the playoffs so you'll lose again"..the best thing about this game is its two teams fighting for the same thing...some damn respect in the NFL :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I look at it like this.

Years back, an Ex-Seahawk named Eugene Robinson went to Atlanta, helped them get to the Super Bowl, and then boned their Super Bowl by getting arrested soliciting a ho. Now, we weren't good enough back then to ruin their Super Bowl chances any other way, so we did it the only way we could.

Now we are so much better, we can ruin their Super Bowl chances in a much better way.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
morgulon1":5wxcg8ko said:

Oh and....

ok I'm responding. I was going to stay away, cause you seem a little bit of wanting to go to the smack talking level. just with the name calling of ryan and etc.

anyhow go ahead and start a thread over there of pick your poison. you will get your smack talk there. I promise you. cause there is a few more smack talking fans then what you have.

anyhow if you really want to ask me. you have Lynch. then what? your WR core has no one with over 900 yards. you have three guys with over 30 receptions. go take a look at how many receptions are top three guys have.
- we have 3 players with over 900 yards
- we have 6 players with 30 plus receptions. (something only a few QBs have a complished. Rodgers 2010, and Tom brady a few years back when he won the SB).
- Our TE is not afraid of anything and has almost a 1000 yards and is huge in the red zone threat.
- our RB may not have the yards. but he is a red zone threat (hence the reason he has 11 TD's. his longest TD came from only 17 yards and after that it is 1-10 yards.)

teams have tried to take out Roddy....but Julio and Tony was there. or they take out Julio....but Roddy and Tony are there. and when it comes to the redzone.....well everyone is a huge threat.
how many times have you marched down the field only to result in a FG? the falcons are very succesful in the red zone.

how is your team in the redzone? and what makes you think you have a pick your poison?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Fibonacci":1k4shoj1 said:
HawkAroundTheClock":1k4shoj1 said:
Fibonacci":1k4shoj1 said:

hey hey now.....between the hashes.

LOL. Exactly. :)

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Scottemojo":39940gro said:
I look at it like this.

Years back, an Ex-Seahawk named Eugene Robinson went to Atlanta, helped them get to the Super Bowl, and then boned their Super Bowl by getting arrested soliciting a ho. Now, we weren't good enough back then to ruin their Super Bowl chances any other way, so we did it the only way we could.

Now we are so much better, we can ruin their Super Bowl chances in a much better way.
lol a few of my friends still joke about this. we even said this just the other week, that we better make sure none of our players find a prostitute.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Fibonacci, my trollish little friend. Havent you read any of my other posts? Or any of the posts on here? Then you show up with your awesome stats (red zone efficiency now) putting me in my place. Do you need someone on this board to validate all your reasons why you think ATL is going to win the game this weekend?It isn't going to happen. Isn't it around 10pm east coast time? I bet your mom just got your spiderman pj's out and it's time for bed.

Once again, good luck to your team.

keepertd

Reaction score
morgulon1":3jympy5y said:
Fibonacci, my trollish little friend. Havent you read any of my other posts? Or any of the posts on here? Then you show up with your awesome stats (red zone efficiency now) putting me in my place. Do you need someone on this board to validate all your reasons why you think ATL is going to win the game this weekend?It isn't going to happen. Isn't it around 10pm east coast time? I bet your mom just got your spiderman pj's out and it's time for bed.

Once again, good luck to your team.

actually i think he was actually trying to have a sensible debate, and he doesnt want anyone to "validate" anything, its more of a discussion between two fans (or more) of opposing teams...

keepertd

Reaction score
CHawks4L":17bvud58 said:
Fibonacci":17bvud58 said:
CHawks4L":17bvud58 said:
How are we gonna win?

Well the Falcons have an outstanding passing game, and some great DB play, but aside from that, they are unbalanced. Running offense and running defense are your weaknesses. They do play consistent though and have a knack for winning tight games.

The Seahawks are balanced on both sides. We use that to control the game. We don't care about yardage stats, our emphasis is time of possession and turnovers, which yields points for and against. If your offense is sitting on the bench, well it will be a lot easier for us to contain it. If you stack the run, we'll have no problem exploiting it with the same formations and personnel in a very effective and efficient passing game. Atlanta has never stopped a read option QB because RGIII was concussed after he only had a single carry.

The Hawks will play a field position battle all day, tire you out with physical play and simply beat you up and win it in the 4th. You guys might have a huge advantage in firepower and home run type threats, but you'll strike out on several possessions. While you swing for the fences, the Hawks will slap base hits making it a greater chance for victory.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite here, two different styles... we'll see what happens on Sunday, but as long as the Hawks can be ready to play early morning come Sunday, I feel very confident about the result. Seahawks 24- Falcons 18
first what passing game are you speaking of. I see one guy who has 900 yards, the other has 800, the third has 400. (Rodgers our RB has more yards then your number three probably).
second. we are the reason RG3 was concused. before the game he had two great legs and a good head. before he left the game we were winning. (when he left y'alls game, y'all were losing) (when y'all faced him, he was 1 leg with an idiot coach)

So you are using stats again I see... Stats don't mean nothing, ask Calvin Johnson. If you want a stat about our passing game, check out which Qb has the highest QBR on the road since week 6. You don't need a lot of stats to win games... You need efficiency (or in the Falcon's case, the 27th easiest schedule).

:1: so you dont like stats being used but then you try to use SOS? :34853_doh:

Latest posts