New Header Idea

12evanf

Reaction score
I keep coming to this thread. Aros did a really good job but Anguish came in with a really good logo concept and a great idea to better use the space. There has to be a couple more designers reading this thread and lurking. Show us what you got!

Anguish

Reaction score
To be fair, this logo has been on ice for quite some time. I've been working on a complete overhaul of .NET for quite some time, with all new software, and vector based designs. But, it seems that every season over the past couple of years, we have been met with hardware challenges that take precedence over the software challenges, and there're only so many free hours in a day to devote to this place.

12evanf

Reaction score
Anguish":1kqgwye2 said:
To be fair, this logo has been on ice for quite some time. I've been working on a complete overhaul of .NET for quite some time, with all new software, and vector based designs. But, it seems that every season over the past couple of years, we have been met with hardware challenges that take precedence over the software challenges, and there're only so many free hours in a day to devote to this place.

Sounds like your job is getting in the way of your priorities.

RockHawk

Reaction score
I'm loving the ideas put forward so far. Todd, that's classic .NET, I'm loving it! Neal, very cool and clean, loving that too.

Anyone else want to throw their hat into the ring?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think the two that incorporate the "12" are the two that I like best out of what I've seen so far. I do like the old design, but this is a new era and a new design to go along with that would be great

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got back from my trip...Some crabbing in Oregon over Labor Day Weekend...I wanted to get back to this thread...Personally, I prefer Anguish's design over mine. Logo design has never been a strong suit with me nor vector/Illustration design. I think the site needs to have that logo, or at least a version of that logo that has that matte/vector look to it. My logo stuff looks dated and that's okay to admit. :)

My stuff was simply "okay" but I think Anguish's logo/ideas is more refined on the direction NET needs to be visually. Sometimes, when you've been so close to something, for as long as I have (like with the look and feel of NET for instance) it's best to have others take a fresher perspective and approach. So in that spirit, I humbly step aside and will be pulling for that vector logo and style to be incorporated...Hopefully as soon as this Sunday.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Aros":fmi4qsvt said:
Just got back from my trip...Some crabbing in Oregon over Labor Day Weekend...I wanted to get back to this thread...Personally, I prefer Anguish's design over mine. Logo design has never been a strong suit with me nor vector/Illustration design. I think the site needs to have that logo, or at least a version of that logo that has that matte/vector look to it. My logo stuff looks dated and that's okay to admit. :)

My stuff was simply "okay" but I think Anguish's logo/ideas is more refined on the direction NET needs to be visually. Sometimes, when you've been so close to something, for as long as I have (like with the look and feel of NET for instance) it's best to have others take a fresher perspective and approach. So in that spirit, I humbly step aside and will be pulling for that vector logo and style to be incorporated...Hopefully as soon as this Sunday.

Well, unless someone else throws in their own idea, I think we have a winner.

Good thing the same guy that made the design will have to implement it. :) Go Anguish!

jhawk91

Reaction score
Anguish":2ay1169x said:
Warning, monster graphic alert!

If we're going to talk about changing the 'header' of this site, I'd like to see some more ideas from people (anyone) that better utilizes the space available than we are doing now. I threw the following together in a couple of minutes to give an idea of what I mean. Also, being that the Seahawks have taken on a more 'matte' look with their current uniform, the next design iteration of .NET will also follow along with that theme. All of the 'shiny' effects and 'pinstripe' effects currently seen here will be gone.

One other note, the 'tagline' for Seahawks.NET is "The Voice of the 12th Man".

So, to add to the conversation...
dotnet_idea.png

Im diggin this. It's clean, and incorporates a lot without being overly done as well, nice! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to keep my design senses in the conversation, I too think the 12 should be perhaps not skewed whimsically. At least see a version where it's straight up and down? Also, definitely agree that there should be 12 feathers in the logo. :)

Love the idea of incorporating a weekly head-to-head graphic on the right along with the upcoming games and W/L totals along the way. I would go dark navy for the tabs at the top if the masthead background remains a lighter blue, or light grey or maybe even the lime green for the tabs if you go with a darker blue for the background.

I really dig the vector look. I liked FieldGulls logo when I first saw it. Clean, professional.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Anguish":3fwln2v0 said:
Warning, monster graphic alert!

If we're going to talk about changing the 'header' of this site, I'd like to see some more ideas from people (anyone) that better utilizes the space available than we are doing now. I threw the following together in a couple of minutes to give an idea of what I mean. Also, being that the Seahawks have taken on a more 'matte' look with their current uniform, the next design iteration of .NET will also follow along with that theme. All of the 'shiny' effects and 'pinstripe' effects currently seen here will be gone.

One other note, the 'tagline' for Seahawks.NET is "The Voice of the 12th Man".

So, to add to the conversation...
dotnet_idea.png

That is awesome!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I also like the vectored graphic, Looks clean and sharp, albeit pretty cluttered with all the elements included.

Some opinions/feedback:

1) The logo seems out of place with the existing color scheme and layout. We should move away from the heavy gradient use if we are going with the flattened logo. IMO, the forum should be re-skinned to better match current the team.
2) I might say get rid of the mountain in the graphic, it is too prominent and makes the hawks logo feel 'sneaky'.
3) As others have said, the 12 being angled is visually off. Think it would be nice straight up and down. It is also a bit too hidden IMO. With the tagline we already account for the '12' aspect, so not sure the graphic really needs such a big visual cue there too. Something more subtle would help keep it clean (like the small 12 logo inside jerseys?)
4) The chat buttons are tough to look at as is, very large and bright, doesn't fit with the overall schema.
5) Think the head to head and W-L elements are too much together. To keep things clean, Id go with just one, and if I had to pick, it would be the W/L bar.

Jville

Reaction score
If your going to retain the feather symbols on both sides of the .NET, remember that
the count is suppose to add up to 12 feathers for the 12th man. Not 10 feather symbols.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
To me, the logo looks like 102, instead of a 12 with a circle graphic centered on he 12. I actually think you could simplify it, lose the 12 (you still keep"voice of the 12th man"). Add 2 feathers, remove the mountain. Make the Seahawks.net box a bit bigger, that way you can make .net larger and fit the feathers in.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Timmahawk":p3329sx1 said:
To me, the logo looks like 102, instead of a 12 with a circle graphic centered on he 12. I actually think you could simplify it, lose the 12 (you still keep"voice of the 12th man"). Add 2 feathers, remove the mountain. Make the Seahawks.net box a bit bigger, that way you can make .net larger and fit the feathers in.

Now that you mention it, I can see that. Maybe making the 12 smaller and incorporating it inside the circle, or perhaps since it says home of the 12th man, leaving it off and putting the 12 feathers around the top of the circle? I also think that maybe .NET should be a little larger and a bit more of a focal point instead of the way it looks like it's just kind of hiding out in there now. Just bouncing ideas out

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, make the NET larger, incorporate the 12 perhaps inside the circle and dump it from outside the circle. I truly wouldn't mess with it too much. Maybe tweak the design elements where the Hawk eye/logo resides (perhaps to fit the 12?) and the other small suggestions. But this isn't a redesign project (in regards to the logo) IMHO...Just some refining and slap that puppy up!

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I like it maybe incorporate 12 in there somewhere? Maybe watermarked or faded between the E and the T? Just an idea

EDIT: In reference to original design post.

impacthawk

Reaction score
On the Anguish design, regarding the skewed 12. Lots of comments to straighten it up.......I like it skewed a bit, but how about this: If the 1 and 2 were straighten, but curved back on the edges, like if you were to look at this logo on the side of a aluminum beer can....so that it had a wrap around 3-D like effect. That way, they are straight, but it ties in better to the overall curvature of the design. Otherwise, I really like this change and look forward to it on the site.

Latest posts