New Header Idea

Crizilla

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":34sg5zw7 said:
I think you should submit requests to all the peeps here to design the new header.

Make it a comPetition.

ComPete everyday, brings out the best m

I'd be down for that....being a graphic designer and all...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool, good ideas...I'll work on some tweaks...Thanks!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's new. Do not like.

(I do like it, especially the totem background, but the placement of the eye bugs me.)

TCS

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":125s72tt said:
Is there any way to incorporate the .gif of Kam knocking Vernon Davis into the stratosphere?

This.

That way every time 9r fans come to our board they will be reminded of the beauty of that Demolition.

Go Hawks!

tcs

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm likin' that design Todd. Of course I love all your designs. Heck, that's why they pay you the money.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For all you designers (and designer-wannabees), here's the .PSD file and a blank version of the "Screen Cap" to superimpose your design on for the masses to review...The .PSD is the same dimensions as the existing file at the top of the site so feel free to use the entire space.

I'm all for opening it up to anyone who wants to put their own design talent towards the new header...

Layered .PSD file...

http://www.toddbreda.com/sitelogo_small.psd

Screen Cap...

http://www.toddbreda.com/newnet_blank.jpg

CANHawk

Reaction score
The eye looks like it was tossed in like a bit of an afterthought, but other than that, it looks like dope on a rope (that's a good thing).

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I like the design, but the font leaves a lot to be desired. I'd prefer a more ambitious and progressive font type, like Times New Roman.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I like the update, but I am afraid of change.

My very humble opinion - keep the current logo/eye, but update the Seahawks.net font. The current font makes me think of Star Trek TNG. And of course, add the feather pattern in the background. And maybe some color tweaking.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Awesome Todd! I'd like to see that same logo fade from the current gray/silver color on the helmet logo down to white on one end or the other too. I think it would look kind of "sweeping" and fast across the logo. I love it either way though. I love the eye incorporated into the N like that. Very cool.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's an update...

newnet2.jpg

grizbob

Reaction score
As a dinosaur that is very reluctant to embrace change just gotta say.... :th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wow, great job as always Todd. I'd like to see a little more green for my tastes, but other than that, awesome!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not a designer but I deal with consumer engagement and branding occasionally.

A few things,

With a logo, oftentimes less is more.

Remember that the more detailed a logo is, the harder it is going to be to be clear and easy to read at different sizes. This is important when half your audience is using mobile at some point.

Also, it become easier to print, reproduce and most importantly - remember. Complex logos sometimes tend to not have the same ability to create a 'mental hook'.

You did a great job of limiting your colors, but there are a lot of shapes that are barely placeholders and don't seem to have a special significance to the brand. Also, negative space works and is often a better idea than trying to fill space, but remember that empty space is often a good thing too.

It looks like there is stuff there just to fill space (the second eye for instance).

It is a good start, it just needs someone to go in there and clean it up, simplify it and only keep the important elements.
80/20 rule.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":18s5485t said:
I like the design, but the font leaves a lot to be desired. I'd prefer a more ambitious and progressive font type, like Times New Roman.

IMHO....the word "SEAHAWKS" ought to be slightly larger......reduce the size of "NET" slightly...making it more proportional. I'm OK with the suggested FONT change. The "HAWK eye" needs to be slightly moved.

Jville

Reaction score
I see reference to the number "12" didn't make the cut.

The new graphic looks too much like badging for an automotive or truck.

I think I would prefer the current header graphics on the new (feathers) back ground.