Rumors of new uniforms

morgulon1

Reaction score
For the record years ago they had a vote for Blue or Silver helmets, and I voted for silver. Hope the NFL lets us go back to them. Apparently the eagles tried to go back to silver and green, and the NFL told them no.
I voted for the silver helmets. Someone told me it was always going to be the blue . I always hated that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m alone but I like the new blue and the silver combo. I also love the retro colors but I wonder if they have to have some version of their current colors? Not sure how that works but I like it lol

cymatica

Reaction score
I’m alone but I like the new blue and the silver combo. I also love the retro colors but I wonder if they have to have some version of their current colors? Not sure how that works but I like it lol
You're not alone. I think most people like uniforms that aren't monochrome. The combo in the op looks like the best option, maybe with a few tweaks. The retro uniforms were hands down the best

Lennie

Reaction score
The retro uni’s are the best. New coach, new era , new beginning. They are my choice.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
This is God awful.

Either go traditional or don't. This has no identity. Two different types of striping for no reason. Number placement is off on the front.

Your uniform should never be confused about what design school it belongs to or what impression it is meant to impart. This is a mess.
You know this is just a mockup, right?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
That particular rendering is just some rando's take. It's doubtful to be a true representation of the tones and PMS codes the team would go with. Just an approximation. For the record, give or take some design elements, I'm all for that update!
Yeah. With some tweaks this look would be crazy dope to me.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It's got to be something different, doesn't it? Otherwise, what's the point? That picture looks almost identical to our retros, minus the colors and logo. What will be the point of having retros when the new uniform would look almost identical?

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I really like it!

They should have two helmet colors and also include the original vintage blue, green and silver into the overall color scheme.

But. I think that the silver helmet should have the original Seahawks logo. The PNW native artwork inspired logo not only looks cool, but to me, looks "mysterious, inspirational and maybe tougher" than the current frowning Seahawk.

Chevy

Reaction score
It's better than our current uniform. But I prefer our old school uni's that we rocked this year.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
I really like it!

They should have two helmet colors and also include the original vintage blue, green and silver into the overall color scheme.

But. I think that the silver helmet should have the original Seahawks logo. The PNW native artwork inspired logo not only looks cool, but to me, looks "mysterious, inspirational and maybe tougher" than the current frowning Seahawk.
You're the first person that I have EVER heard say that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You know this is just a mockup, right?
I read the original rumor they're based on, the deleted Reddit post. The mockup is slightly off, but is generally a pretty good representation of what was posted. It's just total identity crisis.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't get it, are they predicting JA's next team? Which XFL/USFL team wears those colors?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
I read the original rumor they're based on, the deleted Reddit post. The mockup is slightly off, but is generally a pretty good representation of what was posted. It's just total identity crisis.
Oh ok. I was just going off of your disdain for the "2 different stripes/number placement" comments. I'm positive that the numbers will be centered, and pretty sure that the designers will stick to one theme for the striping and other ancillary details. But, then again, I ain't in the design room (as awesome as that would be), so what do I know?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh ok. I was just going off of your disdain for the "2 different stripes/number placement" comments. I'm positive that the numbers will be centered, and pretty sure that the designers will stick to one theme for the striping and other ancillary details. But, then again, I ain't in the design room (as awesome as that would be), so what do I know?
Yeah, if the Reddit rumor is true, then they'd just be going with a new hybrid throwback/modern top that combines the throwback sleevehawk and number font with the sublimated feather pattern on the numbers, and that's going over our exact pants we already wear, just slightly color-corrected.

At that point, I mean... just go with the throwbacks with a few modern touches, like the Browns did. Real subtle. They corrected the size of the stripes, minorly tweaked the colors, and had that cool rounded block number font.

Grant Goldberg did the best "modernized throwback" mock-up for us back in like 2019ish, in my opinion. Just feel like combining eras has to be done really delicately for it to work.