New Header Idea

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Jville":2hobk092 said:
I see reference to the number "12" didn't make the cut.

That's my only issue is that the 12th man is not represented. But other than that little complaint I think it looks great!

samwize77

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":xd9qu1qw said:
Jville":xd9qu1qw said:
I see reference to the number "12" didn't make the cut.

That's my only issue is that the 12th man is not represented. But other than that little complaint I think it looks great!

This^ But damn nice work for sure! I'm all for the change!! Thanks for taking your time to work on this Todd!!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BAD Aros! I'll work 12 in but of course!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bxt3jt7 said:
I am not a designer but I deal with consumer engagement and branding occasionally.

A few things,

With a logo, oftentimes less is more.

Remember that the more detailed a logo is, the harder it is going to be to be clear and easy to read at different sizes. This is important when half your audience is using mobile at some point.

Also, it become easier to print, reproduce and most importantly - remember. Complex logos sometimes tend to not have the same ability to create a 'mental hook'.

You did a great job of limiting your colors, but there are a lot of shapes that are barely placeholders and don't seem to have a special significance to the brand. Also, negative space works and is often a better idea than trying to fill space, but remember that empty space is often a good thing too.

It looks like there is stuff there just to fill space (the second eye for instance).

It is a good start, it just needs someone to go in there and clean it up, simplify it and only keep the important elements.
80/20 rule.

I agree on many levels, especially from a corporate perspective when it comes to brand but I think football forum communities are more forgiving with the added "stuff". In other words, that is not the logo I would present to a corporation that sells "green" technology. Good input all the same! Thank you!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Another update...Too much?

newnet3.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Renohawk":3aw2i5vx said:
being an investigator, the first thing I noticed was your email showing, you should hide it.

Good point but I'm too lazy now. :34853_doh:

Cartire

Reaction score
I love it.

The green and gray lines that run parrallel in the center need some sort of accent. Possibly a tiny bit of shading around the border of the lines.

Otherwise, post it now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Aros, I am a technical idiot.

That said, everything running through a background 12 would be best, IMO. the 12 being less than dominant.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Scottemojo":12qb1x6h said:

That said, everything running through a background 12 would be best, IMO. the 12 being less than dominant.

I'm sorry Scott, I'm the idiot here. What do you mean exactly?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Also, if you note the "Screen cap" graphic I have been using to show what a new logo will look like in the NET environment, the colors are different than what we currently have. This means, it will take more than overwriting one graphic image with the same dimensions and file name. Background images will have to be added, new hex color values will have to be changed over...This will take a bit of time...

I just wanted to make that clear in case anyone thinks a new logo is as simple as "flicking a switch."

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sooo .NET is gonna have a new cool blue instead of the one we have now on the page?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Throwdown":18ycbqcn said:
Sooo .NET is gonna have a new cool blue instead of the one we have now on the page?

Nothing will take place without Mark's approval. Let's make that most clear. He is the current owner and "Landlord". If he approves of the new color scheme, then yes. Otherwise, this is just another useless post thread...(You know, like pehawks' threads for instance). ;)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Aros":inztrycc said:
Throwdown":inztrycc said:

Nothing will take place without Mark's approval. Let's make that most clear. He is the current owner and "Landlord". If he approves of the new color scheme, then yes. Otherwise, this is just another useless post thread...(You know, like pehawks' threads for instance). ;)

Word, I like the colors though!

kearly

Reaction score
Aros":eb1ghyd3 said:

This is really, really good, the part that bugs me is the green line needs to be bumped down a hair and the grey line down a hair as well. It's eye grabbing (in a bad way) seeing that razor thin lime green line at the top. Also, I'd tone down the brightness on that lime green. It looks hyper-bright to me. Maybe you could keep the green/grey lines where they are if you tone down the lime green a bit. The way it underlines "Seahawks" is too strong a contrast and burns the eyes a bit. Also, those green/grey lines are very thick on the version I'm quoting here. I thought you absolutely nailed the outer green/grey lines on the first one.

I think you are getting pretty close to perfection. Looks great.

With regards to the "12" version, it looks weird being skewed to the right. Could you try centering the 12 behind the main logo as a bit of a backdrop?

Wizofwest

Reaction score
I like the idea of a new header.

Comments:
* The latest with the two eye seems out of balance on the page.
* The emphasis seems to be on NET instead of the Seahawks. That seems backwards to me.

I do like the feathers in all designs.
Agree with other posters, "12" should be there somewhere.
Agree with the premise of less is more.

Good work though. I wish I had the apps to play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Aros":30ryco79 said:
Scottemojo":30ryco79 said:

I'm sorry Scott, I'm the idiot here. What do you mean exactly?

What Kearly said about it being centered, but in addition having the 12 kind of ghosted in the backdrop.