New Header Idea

Memphislaw

Reaction score
Love it. Only suggestion is to make it a little darker, more ominous. I think thats how other teams feel when they play us at Clink.

grizbob

Reaction score
Todd, the new header would make an awesome T shirt... just an observation :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, the current one would also :th2thumbs:

LargentFan

Reaction score
I understand the desire for making changes, but I think the current header is classy and clean. It looks very professional. I love it.

The new ones that have been posted...not as much. I mean no offense whatsoever, but they're not nearly as good if you ask me.

Anguish

Reaction score
Warning, monster graphic alert!

If we're going to talk about changing the 'header' of this site, I'd like to see some more ideas from people (anyone) that better utilizes the space available than we are doing now. I threw the following together in a couple of minutes to give an idea of what I mean. Also, being that the Seahawks have taken on a more 'matte' look with their current uniform, the next design iteration of .NET will also follow along with that theme. All of the 'shiny' effects and 'pinstripe' effects currently seen here will be gone.

One other note, the 'tagline' for Seahawks.NET is "The Voice of the 12th Man".

So, to add to the conversation...
dotnet_idea.png

grizbob

Reaction score

I still think we need a .net T shirt with the header design :mrgreen:

I know it's been tried in the past, but I suggest that money talks, and I'm more than willing to commit to what I can :th2thumbs:

Anguish

Reaction score
There are some damned good designers/artists here. I'd like to see more ideas and people getting involved.

Happy

Reaction score
Someone design me a .net flag for the Carolina Game!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I really like Anguish's concept. It incorporates so many of the concepts very cleanly and on multiple levels.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nice work, Anguish. I really like the style.

One thing to maybe consider is that ".NET" really is the main brand name of the site, it's what most people call the site, and that is one of the smallest parts of your graphic. I really think it should be more prominent, maybe find a way to switch the heirarchy of Seahawks and .NET and find a better balance?

12evanf

Reaction score
Anguish's is awesome. I would straighten out the cockeyed 12. It looks to playful, for some reason it reminds me of the Mariners. Other than that, I'm all in. Screen print that on a t-shirt and I'll sign up for a pre-order right now.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I have to admit, Anguish, that you did an excellent job with your design!

Although ".NET" is the name of the site, I prefer seeing the name "SEAHAWKS" the larger of the two as that is the primary focus of the site. The message board is the means by which we discuss the Hawks.

kearly

Reaction score
That last one, whoever made it, is perfect. I like the skewed numbers on the 12 personally, but would be curious to see a version with straight numbers.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
That last concept is money.

However, there are only ten feathers around .net, may as well add two more and make it legit.

Get this beast up before week one!

May as well enter the new era of Seattle football on .Net as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I like it.

Busy design but all the design elements make sense and mesh with the team design elements (hopefully no copyright issues there?)

Needs the 12 feathers of course.

But also it needs to make the .net more clear, because a lot of people don't even realize to put .net and if the whole reason to brand is to get people aware of the site you don't want half your traffic to inadvertently go to Seahawks.com because they never noticed the .net potion.

And I have seen plenty of .net, .co and other sites that have that problem. Especially if someone finds your site through something like a Google search, never reads the url and is trying to find you again you want them to clearly remember the name of your site from looking at the branding.

Great job though.