KaepBow

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":2v4v88h3 said:
If you add a dose of Jesus and a crooked arm to Kaepernick, do you get Tebow?
You are going to give Marvin a coronary broski! .......and I haven't brushed up my CPR classes since highschool.
So you are now responsible for his well being. 8)

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im the furthest thing from a Tebow supporter, but objectively, he didnt look horrible in his first game back. One really bad decision, one bad throw.. he looked ok.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35xtcmuc said:
Rocket":35xtcmuc said:
If you add a dose of Jesus and a crooked arm to Kaepernick, do you get Tebow?
You are going to give Marvin a coronary broski! .......and I haven't brushed up my CPR classes since highschool.
So you are now responsible his well being. 8)

Comparing Kap to Tebow doesn't even register a blip on my heartbeat. :D Kap has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Tebow should be playing LB, TE, or FB.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, either Rocket is just bored and dangling bait for Marv and I, or he's actually serious.

Either way, not too much to say about it just because I don't think the comparison makes any sense (even if you took ability ENTIRELY out of the equation I think the better comparison would be Cam Newton, but that doesn't work much either).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1znubltd said:
Yeah, either Rocket is just bored and dangling bait for Marv and I, or he's actually serious.

Either way, not too much to say about it just because I don't think the comparison makes any sense (even if you took ability ENTIRELY out of the equation I think the better comparison would be Cam Newton, but that doesn't work much either).

Honestly, the only comparison I've ever seen to Kap that makes any sense to me is Randall Cunningham.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They do carry a lot of the same traits, I have to say after watching both of their careers that RC was just deadly elusive in the pocket with a killer follow-up, where CK runs like an explosion downfield, but is less elusive behind the LOS. RC made it look easy, CK makes it look fast.

NINEster

Reaction score
Who else in the NFL besides Tebow is a QB who:

Is short and stocky compared to NFL norm
Is extremely devout Christian
Is a media loved poster boy
Has had divine intervention work in his favor in games

Hint: It ain't Kap

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":1pgo5u4u said:

Extremely poor comp, they were talking on field traits.........I'm going to use an old favorite niner fan line, "How many super bowl rings does Tebow have?" To compare Tebow to Wilson is a much worse comp then the OP was joking about. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
While this is an amusing thread... I have a question for our niner fans here and it may sting a little if you are honest.

Who would you rather have as your QB

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Tim Tebow (ok, this one is a joke)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
NINEster":l0uo52dn said:

Ya except I'd bet Tebow would be tapping you know who by now.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1xlr4z82 said:
While this is an amusing thread... I have a question for our niner fans here and it may sting a little if you are honest.

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Easy. Sorry. It Wilson. Way more acurate and a ton smarter

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":naehcm0t said:
They do carry a lot of the same traits, I have to say after watching both of their careers that RC was just deadly elusive in the pocket with a killer follow-up, where CK runs like an explosion downfield, but is less elusive behind the LOS. RC made it look easy, CK makes it look fast.

Its not a perfect comparison admittedly, but RC is the only guy I could think of that was even close.

Cunningham was far more "gumby-esque" than Kap is though. Kap isn't as nimble as Cunningham was and I agree with what you are saying about them in the pocket. Kap tho...if he gets space and a head of steam...look out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":ghr462ez said:
Sports Hernia":ghr462ez said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Right now I'd say probably Wilson, but I don't think he's "a ton smarter". I think he's a ton more developed as a pocket passer. Wilson played in a much more pro style offense in college and came out a more developed passer. Dunno if Kap will ever get there but he's got the tools. We'll see.

The OC was perfect for Kap in 2012, but he didn't do him many favors since. While the Seahawks essentially kept running the same offense to let Wilson further develop within it, Roman/Harbaugh kept trying to make Kap something he is not.

I know Bevell isn't universally loved in Seattle, but I'd take him over Roman any day. I loved Roman in the run game, but his passing schemes and inability to adjust to what the defense was doing were his Achilles heel. There is a reason Roman was the RUN GAME coordinator at Stanford and is now the same in Buffalo.

None of this is to absolve Kap of any responsibility. All I'm sayin is he was insulated in 2012 and then asked to do stuff he wasn't comfortable with in 2013 and even more in 2014 as they tried to make the offense something different than it had been.

I think they are making much more of an effort to return to what they did in 2012 and what Seattle has been doing since 2012. We'll see of it works.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":osxibm9c said:
rlkats":osxibm9c said:
Sports Hernia":osxibm9c said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Right now I'd say probably Wilson, but I don't think he's "a ton smarter". I think he's a ton more developed as a pocket passer. Wilson played in a much more pro style offense in college and came out a more developed passer. Dunno if Kap will ever get there but he's got the tools. We'll see.

Maybe not a ton smarter, but Wilson has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he has a higher football IQ that Kaepernick. Kaepernick has done nothing to prove that he isn't a one-read-and-run QB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":by9gzkds said:
Marvin49":by9gzkds said:
rlkats":by9gzkds said:
Sports Hernia":by9gzkds said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Maybe not a ton smarter, but Wilson has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he has a higher football IQ that Kaepernick. Kaepernick has done nothing to prove that he isn't a one-read-and-run QB.

I think that's way overblown as there are many, many examples of him getting to his 2nd and 3 reads...

...but what is fair I'd say is that he struggles with figuring out when he should remain a passer and when he should become a runner.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":8daeo182 said:
rlkats":8daeo182 said:
Sports Hernia":8daeo182 said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

I know Bevell isn't universally loved in Seattle, but I'd take him over Roman any day. I loved Roman in the run game, but his passing schemes and inability to adjust to what the defense was doing were his Achilles heel. There is a reason Roman was the RUN GAME coordinator at Stanford and is now the same in Buffalo.
LOL, in describing Roman, you basically described Bevell. I would have traded Bevell for Roman in a heartbeat, last year. Still would as I think he is 32nd out of 32 OC's in the league. The talent of Lynch and Wilson cover up a lot of his weaknesses as an OC and playcaller.