Why doesn’t RW ever do the QB sneak?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
He should’ve from the half flipping yard line tonight. He spiked the damn ball. What the hell?

getnasty

Reaction score
Interesting question. Not sure if it's a Pete thing eventhough i know Leinart used to in college.

John63

Reaction score
Since PC has been here no QB has done a QB sneak, so that should tell you something. Also lets add in whom the center was and how much time it takes off the clock if he does not get in.

OP
OP
Boycie

Boycie

Reaction score
Is it because he is short? If they are worried about him getting hurt doing it, then why are they ok with him getting hammered on every other snap?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't know why Pete hasn't ever done it, although I'm sure I've heard a reason in the past, but I know that I definitely wouldn't try it behind Hunt. He's just too small to trust getting the push necessary.

I wasn't a proponent for trying it instead of spiking the ball, we needed to get the clock stopped. Had we not made it there, we would have had a tough time stopping the clock again. Maybe he makes it and I'd have looked idiotic looking back, but in the moment I was completely for the spike. The rest is now history.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Another political ending bomb. Just get it done , Russ could of fell into the end zone

xray

Reaction score
He does what he is told no matter what ; which is unfortunate . He's still beholden to Carroll for drafting him ; plus the money ain't bad either .

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w3p8rt2 said:
I don't know why Pete hasn't ever done it, although I'm sure I've heard a reason in the past, but I know that I definitely wouldn't try it behind Hunt. He's just too small to trust getting the push necessary.

I wasn't a proponent for trying it instead of spiking the ball, we needed to get the clock stopped. Had we not made it there, we would have had a tough time stopping the clock again. Maybe he makes it and I'd have looked idiotic looking back, but in the moment I was completely for the spike. The rest is now history.

This is what i thought as well...

If he fails, then the game is over. I think spiking the ball and getting a proper play call was the way to go.

chris98251

Reaction score
Would you want to do a sneak with Hunt as your Center, part of it I think is Wilsons height and ability to be able to leverage length, 6'6 guys can extend, most sneaks that are success full only make it by a foot if best it seems.

John63

Reaction score
xray":1rclgola said:
He does what he is told no matter what ; which is unfortunate . He's still beholden to Carroll for drafting him ; plus the money ain't bad either .

Dude look I know you want him to go all anarchist and all, but he cant do that publically. That would send the wrong message to the team and to other teams. If he does it, then others will do it and then you have a problem. So give it a rest.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":jyqarggr said:
xray":jyqarggr said:

Dude look I know you want him to go all anarchist and all, but he cant do that publically. That would send the wrong message to the team and to other teams. If he does it, then others will do it and then you have a problem. So give it a rest.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He could have snuck it in and heaped praise on the coaches..

jeremiah

Reaction score
How hard is it to line up Clowney behind center and teach him the basics of a QB sneak? When Brady lines up behind center it is 100% certain he is sneaking it in. Why not a big powerful player, maybe DK, he surely is stronger than TB. Fant? Someone tall with Fant behind hitting in the back to push him in? Definitely 3rd or 4th and short conversions would have a better success rate.
\

GeekHawk

Reaction score
To (slightly) paraphrase the movie "Rudy":

He's 5-foot-nuthin! A hundred and nuthin!

Besides, if you're going to be trying a QB sneak you need a center that doesn't get blown backwards clean off his feet every play. I'm afraid Solari is still trying to coach up the former ballet dancers and such that rhymes-with-unable saddled us with during his time here.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
jeremiah":244rzvbl said:
How hard is it to line up Clowney behind center and teach him the basics of a QB sneak?
\

Thanks for helping me spit coffee on my keyboard.