Goodell wants to ban "Tush Push"

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Of ******* course.

"Hey, there's this team that's dominating the QB sneak in the NFL. Let's ban it since nobody else can stop it"

Refs are ******* up games left and right but his priority seems to be banning a QB sneak that no other team can do as successfully and/or stop it. I ******* HATE Goodell.

bileever

Reaction score
Both the tush push and the hip drop tackle should be banned. Not because the tush push can't be stopped, but because it's dangerous for player safety and it is not a football play. It's only a matter of time before someone in the middle of the tush push is seriously injured. @MyrtleHawk, I"m surprised you have such strong feelings about it.

The hip drop tackle has already seriously injures a number of players each year, and should have been banned last year.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Both the tush push and the hip drop tackle should be banned. Not because the tush push can't be stopped, but because it's dangerous for player safety and it is not a football play. It's only a matter of time before someone in the middle of the tush push is seriously injured. @MyrtleHawk, I"m surprised you have such strong feelings about it.

The hip drop tackle has already seriously injures a number of players each year, and should have been banned last year.
Oh I'm with you on the hip drop tackle, but the tush push isn't as injury-stricken as people are making it seem. They may as well ban the QB sneak altogether, if they're so worried about the tush push causing injuries because that's primarily what it is, a QB sneak.

The main issue I have with this though is how the brand (NFL) among others (Goodell) can't help themselves but to strip away something that makes a team great. Like how they changed the rules to do away with the LOB style of play, and now the tush push.

Every day in multiple ways the NFL is heading closer towards flag football.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Is it anymore dangerous than a qb sneak diving his head through a horde of players? It's been going on forever and there isn't that many injuries? Yes I get that someone is driving you fwd on the tush push but I am not familiar with any injuries as a result??

Mizak

Reaction score
some of you guys will turn around and complain when the Eagles use it frequently against the Seahawks.

tHeY’Re ChEaTiNg!

CouchLogic

Reaction score
He should ban himself.

Nice, f$%&#ing got him...***pats self on back***

NoGain

Reaction score
On it's own merits, I'm fine if they get rid of the tush push. It looks like a rugby scrum, not a football play.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Of course, there was once a rule that you couldn't push or assist the ballcarrier but it was rarely called so it was removed from the rulebook. So of course someone takes advantage of the loophole, that's how you win (that way, you can gang up on the weaker ones, just like in dodgeball). Coaches don't like to practice against it because they fear someone would get hurt, so they want to ban it. It makes sense to me, the rule never should have been removed in the first place. Eventually they may just try catapulting people over the line of gain by building a human trebuchet.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He should be more worried about the lousy officiating that is league-wide than the tush push.
Goodell is a ****.

Ever since his Claudius routine in Munich watching us get bent over for his viewing pleasure, and ever since the Russ lobbying effort for man of the year - it just ratched up my hate of him like 100X.

Ass.

cymatica

Reaction score

Just ban football, it's too dangerous for player safety. 🙄

This country has gone pathetically soft

Torc

Reaction score
How many injuries have occurred during the tush push plays? A quick google found that 2 Giants were injured doing it. Anyone else? If you claim high injury risk, then you need to show data to support that.

I'm reminded of Kam Chancellor hurdling the line during a field goal attempt. He honed it to be legal (not touching the offensive line, not using other peoples bodies to push himself off), and the NFL banned it because it worked and it seemed like only one player was very successful at it.