Schneider tried to trade up for Penix

Rat

Reaction score
Maybe Schneider did make some calls, but I don't see how we had the horses to jump into the top 10. I can't imagine it was an especially strong effort. We don't have a second rounder and one of our two thirds was swapped down to a fourth. I guess our first rounder next year could have been offered, but I doubt that would be all that attractive. The Saints and Raiders could have pretty easily blown any offer we realistically could have made out of the water.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Maybe Schneider did make some calls, but I don't see how we had the horses to jump into the top 10. I can't imagine it was an especially strong effort. We don't have a second rounder and one of our two thirds was swapped down to a fourth. I guess our first rounder next year could have been offered, but I doubt that would be all that attractive. The Saints and Raiders could have pretty easily blown any offer we realistically could have made out of the water.
Maybe it saves face and leaves a fuzzy warm feeling that at least they tried

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm just glad we didn't trade into the 9th spot only to see him go 8. Though if we did trade to 9 who knows how long it'd have been till we found that out.

I also wonder how you'd find something out like that so quick and for all three of these teams. Not only that they tried to trade up (not too crazy) but to know the player they were all going for? Leaked before the 2nd day even starts?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think this is right on. You never know, he may have made a weak offer to appease a new coach or two.

Latest posts