We Won, So Take A Breath

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
To everyone about to burst at the seams about this game. R-E-L-A-X.

We all saw the same thing: Oline could've played better, secondary needs work, play calling was meh, clock management again an issue.

But in Week 1 a W is all that matters. Especially for a team known to turn on the jets mid season. Enjoy the W and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Go Hawks!!!

Polk738

Reaction score
I will call that a lucky win, especially with the way the secondary had been playing all game-I'm a little shocked that fumble went our way as to me it looked like Dalton's hand was going forward when the ball came out-we don't get that call an we could've easily lost it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Polk738":1i8cd300 said:
I will call that a lucky win, especially with the way the secondary had been playing all game-I'm a little shocked that fumble went our way as to me it looked like Dalton's hand was going forward when the ball came out-we don't get that call an we could've easily lost it.

I agree we got a break there, but there were only 9 seconds left and no timeouts.

That was pretty much near hail mary territory.

I guess we could have lost it had the call been reversed, but not really likely ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I left the stadium not surprised one bit. It was plenty ugly, but they got the Dub. On to next week.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't think that call at the end was that big. We would have needed to see a sideline completion into FG range or a long PI call for the Bengals to be able to set up for the 3.

There have been a few rough home openers recently in games that looked a lot easier on paper - Dophins, Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lucky win? Nope. That TD at the end of the half was EXTREMELY lucky. This team knows how to finish. Cincy does not, maybe they will eventually.

xray

Reaction score
After that Pats game the Steelers will have blood in their eyes when the Hawks come to town next week . I don't even want to think about the following week @ the Saints.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2l3d4yhb said:
Then don't bother watching if you're gonna' assume they get smoked?

I don't assume anything ; but realistic trends in the NFL says that the Steelers will be better ready for a win than the Hawks ; and as far as the Saints go they are the NFC team to beat this season hands down . Win or lose I watch them all .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I prefer to not assume anything. Tough games coming up, but this team is capable of winning both. One ugly season opener has nothing to do with next week.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":olj7a41u said:
Fair enough. I prefer to not assume anything. Tough games coming up, but this team is capable of winning both. One ugly season opener has nothing to do with next week.

Except that this game may have quite a bit to do with how we play next week. If the team cleans up some of the messy areas, they could play much better. Remember, they'll watch film and get coached up. (as will the Steelers, of course. . . ), but that's the way the weekly chess match works.

Learn from this week's mistakes, and grow. Now that I expect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A lot to work on. I don't see this team truly getting in their groove until October. Sucks, but it's just a likely reality.
Plenty of room to improve and I expect they will. If I'm wrong, bummer, but I see no reason to think they won't still be very good after one ugly performance. A win at that.
We have gotten so spoiled that these days wins have to look pretty for many to be satisfied. Meh

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nnoi3opy said:
A lot to work on. I don't see this team truly getting in their groove until October. Sucks, but it's just a likely reality.
Plenty of room to improve and I expect they will. If I'm wrong, bummer, but I see no reason to think they won't still be very good after one ugly performance. A win at that.
We have gotten so spoiled that these days wins have to look pretty for many to be satisfied. Meh
In other words, just a normal Seahawk season. :twisted:

Start slow, but make the post season anyway. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yup, I was plenty mad at my seats yesterday. But as usual, the button got pushed in the 4th quarter. It's annoying to say the least, but it's their jam.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
xray":8exa3t8x said:
After that Pats game the Steelers will have blood in their eyes when the Hawks come to town next week . I don't even want to think about the following week @ the Saints.
Oh for god sakes, just jump on another bandwagon already. Why are you even here? Why do you even want to be a Seahawk fan? :177692:

D

DomeHawk

Call it lucky or fortunate or whatever, you are NOT going to win many games playing like that.

This team can be Jekyll and Hyde-ish though and we may look completely different next week.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":k34jkbbp said:

Or....maybe the Steelers aren't that good.....even if blood is coming to their eyes

bmorepunk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3bpwm8o1 said:
Call it lucky or fortunate or whatever, you are NOT going to win many games playing like that.

They won both the games against the Cards, the one against the Packers, Panthers, and Vikings like that last year. They can win quite a few games like that due to Pete Carroll football. But they can't win enough games like that without better ones on top. But Carroll can get 4-6 of those in a year and still have a good shot at the postseason.