7-7 And I Feel Fine.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
The draft is a crap shoot anyway. A team might wind up with a better player at 29 because he turns out to be a diamond in the rough with a lot heart than they would have gotten with the more heralded player coming out of college at 19, had they only lost a couple of more games, who turns out to be a bit of a bust. YOU NEVER LOSE JUST TO "GET A 'BETTER' DRAFT PICK." That's the most asinine philosophy ever. You always play to win the game, no matter what. In every conceivable situation. Just like Herm Edwards said.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The draft is a crap shoot anyway. A team might wind up with a better player at 29 because he turns out to be a diamond in the rough with a lot heart than they would have gotten with the more heralded player coming out of college at 19, had they only lost a couple of more games, who turns out to be a bit of a bust. YOU NEVER LOSE JUST TO "GET A 'BETTER' DRAFT PICK." That's the most asinine philosophy ever. You always play to win the game, no matter what. In every conceivable situation. Just like Herm Edwards said.
In regards to draft capitol, the difference between the 11th and 15th picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds are huge. You're right, it is a crap shoot with the individual players, but when it comes time to use those picks for bargaining positions with trade negotiations, it could mean the difference between building the next dynasty, or being an average team for years to come.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
come on Jer, being a little dramatic here.........Mid 1st there will be some great choices. Plus we'll have a top 5 pick from Denver, in BOTH rounds.
Go Hawks, and Go Win :)

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Big picture Soul. There's no point in going 8-9 just to miss the playoffs if it costs the team draft position.
There is a point. It’s establishing a winning culture. Leadership is built as is a winning culture. Fans over value talent.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m not as optimistic as others. This defense has been a 7 year project with zero improvement. I love the last draft class but the few before that we’re well below average so while I’m excited they self scouted and improved their process I need to see more than one good draft in a year. They are in a position where they could be really good again very quickly and I hope this draft is a precursor of things to come

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Wanting to get better draft position means you end up with franchises like Jax, NY, Detroit, Browns, etc. that no one wants anything to do with.

Perennial losers.

I'd rather Seattle win than be lumped in with those jabronies.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I disagree, but that's fine. I don't have it in my dna to ever hope the Hawks lose a game.

Me too. I think they take a Bosa or Armistead level player based on consensus. Don’t get cute with Thinking you know more. No more lj colliers please.

Second, they need to hire Fangio As dc. I’m goddamed serious. He practically invented the 3-4, was reliable in sf for years as dc under Harbs, and only left because Jed insisted on hiring one of his underlings as hc over him. He built Denver’s defense as hc. He’s now a defensive consultant in Philadelphia. The man oozes defensive winning.

Its time for Pete and us, the fans, to accept that neither Pete nor his handpicked friends have produced much in the way of defensive winning, be that in scores, draft selections Or scheme.