Isn't It The Most Beautiful Thing............

pehawk

Reaction score
Heard they're debating making these illegal hit penalties reviewable. This is/was textbook.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":2sr0qoor said:
Heard they're debating making these illegal hit penalties reviewable. This is/was textbook.

They should be reviewable. Browner got screwed last weekend on a clean hit.

All the refs see is violence and throw the flag out of fear of getting yelled at by the referee association and the league office. So they throw the flag just to be safe, warranted or not. ABSOLUTELY should be reviewable.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1y244n4u said:
pehawk":1y244n4u said:

They should be reviewable. Browner got screwed last weekend on a clean hit.

All the refs see is violence and throw the flag out of fear of getting yelled at by the referee association and the league office. So they throw the flag just to be safe, warranted or not. ABSOLUTELY should be reviewable.

If it had cost the Pats that game, it'd be 100% reviewable next year. My guess is it'll be lumped in with the rest of the coaches challenges.

Makes sense too; appease critics of the perceived softness of the rule and the NFL still shows reasonable actions to protect the players.

Its a smart play.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":qsnm2zqt said:
Great photo! Kam just about vaporized the water right off of that guy (is it Vernon Davis?).

Hell yeah it's Davis, this hit accelerated his downfall IMO, he wasn't quite the same after Kam stole his soul.

eGY7J8V.jpg

I want this .gif played at my funeral. I want this .gif put into the Smithsonian. I want this .gif locked away in a nuclear silo bunker so that 1,000 years from now when Aliens land on earth and discover mankind, this .gif will frighten them so much about screwing with our species that they race home to their planet at light speed.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ejcdeok said:
SnoCoHawk":3ejcdeok said:
Great photo! Kam just about vaporized the water right off of that guy (is it Vernon Davis?).

Hell yeah it's Davis, this hit accelerated his downfall IMO, he wasn't quite the same after Kam stole his soul.

eGY7J8V.jpg

I want this .gif played at my funeral. I want this .gif put into the Smithsonian. I want this .gif locked away in a nuclear silo bunker so that 1,000 years from now when Aliens land on earth and discover mankind, this .gif will frighten them so much about screwing with our species that they race home to their planet at light speed.

I think they have landed 'cause that was an alien autopsy right there...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
While I love Gifs...and who knows how to pronounce that...but that pic?

Hi res 158691110 crop exact

I want to frame that. Never seen a pic of "the hit" that good before.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2w3e0ql8 said:
SnoCoHawk":2w3e0ql8 said:

eGY7J8V.jpg

I couldn't have said it better.

morgulon1

Reaction score
These days Vernon Davis usually has a hamstring pull of the flu when it's time to play Seattle. Thanks for the wallpaper by the way.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2647s6af said:

it was Vernon Davis. Now he just goes by "Vern" and works at the gas station.

ManBunts

Reaction score
It's like the hit somehow warped space and time, because the water clearly hasn't caught up to the fact that Vernon is no longer there.

Largent where did you get this? Would love to have the raw image file if it's out there somewhere. Sooooooo many good photoshops to be done

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1hbtrvok said:
I thought that bullshit flag on that particular play, was a huge mistake, but then again I wasn't on the receiving end of that hammering that Kam unloaded on VD.
I agree that it was a textbook play.