Isn't It The Most Beautiful Thing............

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sgt. Largent":1h9rzdi2 said:
SnoCoHawk":1h9rzdi2 said:
Great photo! Kam just about vaporized the water right off of that guy (is it Vernon Davis?).

Hell yeah it's Davis, this hit accelerated his downfall IMO, he wasn't quite the same after Kam stole his soul.

eGY7J8V.jpg

I want this .gif played at my funeral. I want this .gif put into the Smithsonian. I want this .gif locked away in a nuclear silo bunker so that 1,000 years from now when Aliens land on earth and discover mankind, this .gif will frighten them so much about screwing with our species that they race home to their planet at light speed.

I REEEEEEEEALLY wanted this to be true, but he caught 13 TDs last year, tied for a career high.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kam has got to be in that mans nightmares every night, remember he took his soul again in the NFCCG??

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol, I saw a thread in the toiletzone and one of the posts was something along the lines of "why does VD seem to have lost interest in being dominate". The response from another niner fan was "Kam knocked that out of him along time ago"

The pictures of the guys on the sideline as the wallop took place were frigging awesome, think it was photographer and a NFL official? One guy was cringing the other was shocked and the photo was taken halfway through an O F^&*().

IIRC, Michael Irvin was talking about this hit with Deon after the game and one of them said "man...hurt hamstring my ass, how you get hit so hard that your hamstring hurt??" I think VD left the game with a "hamstring injury" after that hit.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Even though I've seen that Chancellor-Davis hit countless times since the day it happened, it still floors me seeing it again. I watched the loop over and over, and it blew me away the first time, the 10th time, even the 50th time. (The loop of those two angles on the hit are perfectly stitched together at the right moment which probably adds to the effect.)

There's no question at all that this play ranks up there with Beastquake, The Tip, Largent's payback hit, and any other defining-moment play of Seahawk history. And I've been a hard-core fan since the 80s.

evergreen

Reaction score
That is probably the biggest hit ever. And to be flagged for it was too much. Karma is a bitch isn't it!

tdigitee

Reaction score
Awesome hit and the gif makes it even more violent as Kam just flies in at the last second...

Since we're covering the Big Hits in Seahawks History, I'll add Darryl Williams against the Raiders (not great quality but you get the idea):

[youtube]XcZZlMKL5xw[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":251uioan said:
SnoCoHawk":251uioan said:
Great photo! Kam just about vaporized the water right off of that guy (is it Vernon Davis?).

Hell yeah it's Davis, this hit accelerated his downfall IMO, he wasn't quite the same after Kam stole his soul.

eGY7J8V.jpg

I want this .gif played at my funeral. I want this .gif put into the Smithsonian. I want this .gif locked away in a nuclear silo bunker so that 1,000 years from now when Aliens land on earth and discover mankind, this .gif will frighten them so much about screwing with our species that they race home to their planet at light speed.

LOL. And you're so right, Davis still calling it helmet to helmet a week after (!?), did he not even have balls enough to watch the tape? Was he that frightened? Wherever Davis is right now, you can bet he's looking out for Kam. There was a (rare) catch he had on Thanksgiving. Instead of turning the play up field, he does some awkward little dance and his head was moving like Linda Blair's. As you said Sarge, Davis has never been the same and Kaepernick isn't the only demon behind that.

Ruminator

Reaction score
tdigitee":281hdy4u said:
Awesome hit and the gif makes it even more violent as Kam just flies in at the last second...

Since we're covering the Big Hits in Seahawks History, I'll add Darryl Williams against the Raiders (not great quality but you get the idea):

A little weird seeing the ref just call the incompletion without even thinking about reaching for the flag. How times have changed.

I think I need a chiropractic adjustment after watching these big hit clips.

byau

Reaction score
Speaking of hits, does this seem a long time ago? Shead's block and Helfet's suplex slam against the Cardinals?

So beautiful ...

cardinals.0.gif

And in context this is what happened surrounding that block:

* 2nd half starts with kickoff to the Seahawks
* Seahawks go 3 and out and punt
* Cardinals go 3 and out and punt...and NO PUNT BLOCKED by Shead and SLAM by Helfet
* Seahawks go 3 and instead of punt are in FG range and get their 4th fieldgoal . + 3 POINTS
* Kickoff to Cardinals
* Cardinals go 3 and out and punt
* Seahawks masterful drive including a Russell scramble on 3rd and long for a 1st and then the screen to Helfet and he runs about 20 yards for the touchdown sealing it at 19-3. + 7 POINTS

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ManBunts":39mgjx2f said:
It's like the hit somehow warped space and time, because the water clearly hasn't caught up to the fact that Vernon is no longer there.

Largent where did you get this? Would love to have the raw image file if it's out there somewhere. Sooooooo many good photoshops to be done

Bleacher report blew it up to a high rez image

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/image ... =1500&q=85

JesterHawk

Reaction score
In the blown up image it's clearer than ever. That's not water droplets it's actually pieces of Vernon's soul leaving his body.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":326dkg44 said:
pehawk":326dkg44 said:
Heard they're debating making these illegal hit penalties reviewable. This is/was textbook.

They should be reviewable. Browner got screwed last weekend on a clean hit.

All the refs see is violence and throw the flag out of fear of getting yelled at by the referee association and the league office. So they throw the flag just to be safe, warranted or not. ABSOLUTELY should be reviewable.

It needs to be like the college rules too.. coaches shouldn't have to burn a challenge on this.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Any time a penalty negates a score or a turnover, it should be automatically reviewed.

In Browner's case, I guess they're saying that the wrong call on the field was made because it wasn't helmet to helmet, but that it was still a penalty because of head-neck contact. I read that the refs have been told to throw a flag every time they even suspect helmet-to-helmet contact, but that doesn't make sense because there's no procedure in place to determine if it really was or wasn't. There shouldn't be a "could've been" penalty.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1s6tt98o said:
In the blown up image it's clearer than ever. That's not water droplets it's actually pieces of Vernon's soul leaving his body.

It's Kam transporting Davis to a nearby parallel dimension by ripping a hole in the space time continuum.

I've always thought that play would be a centre piece for a video idea I had once. Basically we have some Niners posturing and building up to wards game time. All the shouting, bravado, fist bumps etc. The game starts and the music builds slowly towards a crescendo (think rain city redemption cool music) but before it quite gets there this hit comes in and as it does there is that comedy record player scratch noise and then a flat lining sound as it fades to black... then "RIP Niners"...

Latest posts