Your Impressions of the Offense

John63

Reaction score
Jville":2t1nkfve said:
John63":2t1nkfve said:
Tamerlane":2t1nkfve said:
John63":2t1nkfve said:
I saw the interaction on the broadcast but was unsure of what was said, so I asked someone I know who is a hawk and was with in ear shot and he told me what was said. Thats how I know. What he told me was what I said and looking back at the interacting it made sense.

So... 3-way interaction seen on TV broadcast, on the sidelines after 1 of 3 recorded sacks, with another Seahawk in such close proximity in a noisy stadium to have heard it all. This should be child's play to identify the Top Secret seahawk "source" aka "friend" in this bizarrely-unfolding and yet totally-banal-if-true story of an interaction meant somehow to support your ongoing lame narrative of 'flawed head coach holds back flawless QB'.

Even after seeing forums used by so many overzealous fans over the years to peddle (disproven) rumours, and very possibly forums even used surreptitiously by a Darrell Bevell plant, this might take the cake!

You can believe what you want, I really don't care the truth is the truth. And FYI ongoing narrative of a flawed HC that a lot of experts share by the way. ALSO FYi we are all flawed in some way. But as I said believe what you want I don't care, it's not like my life revoevles around what you think, The truth is the truth and that is what was said. so enjoy you know the truth whether you choose to believe it or not is your call, You probably don't believe we landed on the moon either.

Shame on you 63. :thumbdown: You go to far with your fantasies.

its only a fantasy when it's not true, you can handle the truth that's your problem, let me guess you still think the earth is flat too.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":xh1n8r0i said:
Jville":xh1n8r0i said:
John63":xh1n8r0i said:
Tamerlane":xh1n8r0i said:
So... 3-way interaction seen on TV broadcast, on the sidelines after 1 of 3 recorded sacks, with another Seahawk in such close proximity in a noisy stadium to have heard it all. This should be child's play to identify the Top Secret seahawk "source" aka "friend" in this bizarrely-unfolding and yet totally-banal-if-true story of an interaction meant somehow to support your ongoing lame narrative of 'flawed head coach holds back flawless QB'.

Even after seeing forums used by so many overzealous fans over the years to peddle (disproven) rumours, and very possibly forums even used surreptitiously by a Darrell Bevell plant, this might take the cake!

You can believe what you want, I really don't care the truth is the truth. And FYI ongoing narrative of a flawed HC that a lot of experts share by the way. ALSO FYi we are all flawed in some way. But as I said believe what you want I don't care, it's not like my life revoevles around what you think, The truth is the truth and that is what was said. so enjoy you know the truth whether you choose to believe it or not is your call, You probably don't believe we landed on the moon either.

its only a fantasy when it's not true, you can handle the truth that's your problem, let me guess you still think the earth is flat too.

Because we don't all buy into your fantasies. :229031_shrug: Your gonna get some blow back from time to time.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":7lqejkla said:
John63":7lqejkla said:
Jville":7lqejkla said:
John63":7lqejkla said:

Because we don't all buy into your fantasies. :229031_shrug: Your gonna get some blow back from time to time.

Again it's not a fantasy it's the truth, but that's okay I am sure you also don't believe the earth goes around the sun.

chris98251

Reaction score
So John63 has switched from Traumahawk and Carson Palmer signing is imminent to having buddies on the sideline that are in Coaching huddles and players that he rubs elbows with, Russell Wilson probably just calls him J63 too.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":pb4cd3sh said:
So John63 has switched from Traumahawk and Carson Palmer signing is imminent to having buddies on the sideline that are in Coaching huddles and players that he rubs elbows with, Russell Wilson probably just calls him J63 too.

You have to zoom in to see, on Ciara's gown at Met's gala, but there seems to be J6 slightly to the left of that big "3",
Football inspired dress husband number met gala 04
Football inspired dress husband number met gala 03

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":s63krof5 said:

ahh I never said either of those things please find where I did. you cant.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":3mku2jpi said:

Kind of reminiscent of the movie ....... "The Fan".

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":c9b5niz4 said:
chris98251":c9b5niz4 said:

ahh I never said either of those things please find where I did. you cant.

It's a joke that only a few long timers will get at your expense........

Jville

Reaction score
Returning to the topic ...... I liked what I saw. Enjoyed the fly sweeps and it looks like screens may be more common this year. Otherwise, it looked rather familiar. Tyler Lockett, the difference maker, delilvered a couple of extrodinary adjust and catch moves one doesn't typically see every game. Another note worthy observation is that the tight ends are, in my eyes, in the running for that covetent #3 receiver role . The Seahawks had a huge blindside blocking advantage in this game. The Colts simply didn't have an edge rusher that could challenge Duane Brown.

I thought Pete Carroll's comments were interesting. Below quoted are "real" comments followed by a real link.
On something Shane Waldron improved for the offense in his debut:

"Our ability to sight and pick up the blitz. Why this is (a credit to) Shane Waldron is because he's open-minded enough to do things that we've done in the past. Russell (Wilson) has been able to strike you dead in blitz situations for years and another coach might have said, 'Well, that's not the way that I do it.' (Waldron's) ability to draw from all of the good things -- we scored a lot of points last year and we've done a lot of great things here. It wasn't that we had to start all over again. He was willing to learn and grow and incorporate."

Link to above quote >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/tuesday-round-up-the-pete-carroll-show-returns-to-710-espn-seattle[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, they even did a fake fly sweep, and had guys moving around on screen passes. It was just cool to finally see something different and creative.

Fade

Reaction score
A-Dog":3hkk9mim said:
Four touchdown passes from Russ from the pocket. That's what I liked the most.

All the criticism about him being too short to be a true pocket passer and he can only make plays when he scrambles... hopefully we can put that to bed after this season.

It was put to bed 6 seasons ago (2015). Those who still choose to think he is substandard in the pocket, have to ignore the O-Line issues over the years, and the archaic scheme that didn't fit his skill set that he had been trapped in this whole time.

The critics have had a hard time separating the scheme & philosophy causing the issues vs. taking the easy way out and blaming the QB for being the cause. They couldn't see it. Bear in mind Russell Wilson was and has been putting up HoF numbers this whole time. They have an imaginary "Franchise QB" that lives in their head, that is the perfect QB. He never makes mistakes, never misses a read, never misses a throw. That guy doesn't exist. but they hold Russell Wilson to that unrealistic standard.

Guys like Tical, would say thing's like they know good QB'ing when they see it. And I would simply point out they know good offensive systems when they see it. Wilson has been making a rudimentary, predictable, and dysfunctional offense work through his incredible talent and determination. Overcoming his own scheme to be a top 5 QB.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1438009269501190144[/tweet]
Finally the madness has ended. He is now in a scheme that will boot and move him, he is no longer a sitting duck, taking the same drop over and over again. Having to create, and do all the work himself. This is what competence looks like.

The interior O-Line giving him a pocket helps tremendously as well.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1438889446686998533[/tweet]
That 69 yard TD bomb doesn't happen without Jackson. The pocket would've collapsed and Wilson would've scrambled for what he could to salvage the play. At 5'10'' he needs space. Gabe Jackson and Shane Waldron are the biggest upgrades on the team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":7i706u9l said:
A-Dog":7i706u9l said:
Four touchdown passes from Russ from the pocket. That's what I liked the most.

All the criticism about him being too short to be a true pocket passer and he can only make plays when he scrambles... hopefully we can put that to bed after this season.

It was put to bed 6 seasons ago (2015). Those who still choose to think he is substandard in the pocket, have to ignore the O-Line issues over the years, and the archaic scheme that didn't fit his skill set that he had been trapped in this whole time.

The critics have had a hard time separating the scheme & philosophy causing the issues vs. taking the easy way out and blaming the QB for being the cause. They couldn't see it. Bear in mind Russell Wilson was and has been putting up HoF numbers this whole time. They have an imaginary "Franchise QB" that lives in their head, that is the perfect QB. He never makes mistakes, never misses a read, never misses a throw. That guy doesn't exist. but they hold Russell Wilson to that unrealistic standard.

Guys like Tical, would say thing's like they know good QB'ing when they see it. And I would simply point out they know good offensive systems when they see it. Wilson has been making a rudimentary, predictable, and dysfunctional offense work through his incredible talent and determination. Overcoming his own scheme to be a top 5 QB.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1438009269501190144[/tweet]
Finally the madness has ended. He is now in a scheme that will boot and move him, he is no longer a sitting duck, taking the same drop over and over again. Having to create, and do all the work himself. This is what competence looks like.

The interior O-Line giving him a pocket helps tremendously as well.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1438889446686998533[/tweet]
That 69 yard TD bomb doesn't happen without Jackson. The pocket would've collapsed and Wilson would've scrambled for what he could to salvage the play. At 5'10'' he needs space. Gabe Jackson and Shane Waldron are the biggest upgrades on the team.
Great post. Your last paragraph is spot on.

BASF

Reaction score
Fade":3msuuufd said:
That 69 yard TD bomb doesn't happen without Jackson.

This is the only point that I do not agree with you on. We have seen Wilson make these beautiful deep throws for years before Jackson joined the league. I would post a link of one of them, but the one that came immediately to mind was the David Moore touchdown last year, but all the videos are of the New Edition dance that they did afterward.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":iz1kic8o said:

We have franchise poster with a mysterious source and his name is DUNCANSDAD! *slams phone*

Fade

Reaction score
BASF":3fbh0dy2 said:
Fade":3fbh0dy2 said:

This is the only point that I do not agree with you on. We have seen Wilson make these beautiful deep throws for years before Jackson joined the league. I would post a link of one of them, but the one that came immediately to mind was the David Moore touchdown last year, but all the videos are of the New Edition dance that they did afterward.

I was talking about that specific play and matchup.

Wilson cannot make that particular throw on that particular play without a clean pocket to step up into. Gabe Jackson was going 1-v-1 against one of the best Defensive Tackles in the league. You think past Seattle Guards would've held up and whooped DeForest Buckner on 2nd and 20, when Buckner knows they're throwing it?

With Gabe Jackson, Wilson will now have a more consistent pocket to throw from is the point. C'mon son.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3tsb19z1 said:
chris98251":3tsb19z1 said:

We have franchise poster with a mysterious source and his name is DUNCANSDAD! *slams phone*

Hope you have a warranty, those damn things are almost a 1000 bucks now, not like old Banana phones at 19.99.

BASF

Reaction score
Fade":1qvo3dpw said:
BASF":1qvo3dpw said:
Fade":1qvo3dpw said:

I was talking about that specific play and matchup.

Wilson cannot make that particular throw on that particular play without a clean pocket to step up into. Gabe Jackson was going 1-v-1 against one of the best Defensive Tackles in the league. You think past Seattle Guards would've held up and whooped DeForest Buckner on 2nd and 20, when Buckner knows they're throwing it?

With Gabe Jackson, Wilson will now have a more consistent pocket to throw from is the point. C'mon son.

I can think of at least two, but not during the Russell Wilson era. Now I have the picture of him playing behind Hass' line and damn I can dream. Though I have to admit that the physical abilities of Brian Millard against athletes nowadays may not be conducive.

Jville

Reaction score
The O-line splits were about league average last year. This year, the O-line splits are noticeably narrower. That change started showing up in the off season when they revealed their choice in linemen for 2021.

So far, the change in O-line splits seem to have helped.