Your Impressions of the Offense

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. By Mid-Season they could be top 3 offense in the league imo.
Hopefully another solid win against the Titans on Sunday. I still think they are a damn good team, one clunker won't change my mind. But, after the Hawks win, I'm sure it will just be another win over a team that "isn't that good" :mrgreen:

But, I'm not really a football fan because I was impressed with the win yesterday. The more you know....

A-Dog

Reaction score
Four touchdown passes from Russ from the pocket. That's what I liked the most.

All the criticism about him being too short to be a true pocket passer and he can only make plays when he scrambles... hopefully we can put that to bed after this season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lgumvpc said:
But, after the Hawks win, I'm sure it will just be another win over a team that "isn't that good" :mrgreen:

The Titans defense is awful and they just got obliterated by the Cardinals. Just saying.

BASF

Reaction score
My favorite aspect of game one was that we ran the same formation several times and the play went to four different receivers. This piggybacked on something that Lockett said in his press conference about each receiver being interchangeable. The fact is that has not been the case for this team for years and it was a breath of fresh air.

The running game being more complex is also refreshing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BASF":1prhx3fi said:
My favorite aspect of game one was that we ran the same formation several times and the play went to four different receivers. This piggybacked on something that Lockett said in his press conference about each receiver being interchangeable. The fact is that has not been the case for this team for years and it was a breath of fresh air.

The running game being more complex is also refreshing.
Great observation. :2thumbs:

The whole offense looked like a well oiled machine.

Plays were in with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock so Russ can look over the defense and audible out of a bad play.
Also they snapped the ball at different times left on the play clock and not wait until 0 where defenses can time their rush.

No wasted timeouts because the OC was indecisive on calling the play.

The offense dictated, instead of being dictated to by the opposing defense.

Looked extremely organized and smooth compared to previous years dumpster fires.

TreeRon

Reaction score
" but they played awful today and its not like Seattle has All Pro players on the Dline and End positions. Their defense is good but their offense went 5/13 on 3rd downs which didnt help them at all. "
Okay and maybe that was because of the Seahawks. If they'd played well, we might not have won the game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TreeRon":10hhqu05 said:
" but they played awful today and its not like Seattle has All Pro players on the Dline and End positions. Their defense is good but their offense went 5/13 on 3rd downs which didnt help them at all. "
Okay and maybe that was because of the Seahawks. If they'd played well, we might not have won the game.

Or it could be because of a horrible QB, poor receiving corp, and a missing starting LT. We'll have to wait and see. The sample size is to small.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll give you credit, you NEVER stop with the same argument. And yes, I'm the same way on my side. Looking foward to the Hawks winning on Sunday. But ONLY because of something the other team was missing. Not because the Hawks could actually be....wait for it.....wait.......A GOOD TEAM. Consistency from Pitt. Everything sucks, even winning. :irishdrinkers:

Chawker

Reaction score
I thought it was the manor in which they won, no last second heroics by Russ,or battling from behind. ( well they had a 3 point led) LOL.

We scored on our first drive, the work load was distributed eveny to all the players and was a true team effort. This was evident with the defense as well.

A harmonius victory, a victory were us 12s could enjoy a beer, the chips and dip, the light conversation without calling on every know god to preform a miracle comeback . It was a perfect victoy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. My wife and I were talking about strange it felt to watch a game without the defib machine fired up. A comfortable win, never in doubt.

LTH

Reaction score
Do people actually like the blow out wins? I like a suspenseful game rather than a game thats over by the third... boring...

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LTH":1tkugxor said:
Do people actually like the blow out wins? I like a suspenseful game rather than a game thats over by the third... boring...

LTH
I prefer blowout wins. I don’t need drama.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wins are wins, regardless how the happen. But, at least once in awhile, a comfortable win or a blowout feels very nice.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lzo8p8c said:
Wins are wins, regardless how the happen. But, at least once in awhile, a comfortable win or a blowout feels very nice.
This. The typical NFL game is decided by less than a TD, so there will be plenty of close games coming up, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

toffee

Reaction score
Our offense looked potent too for the first half of last season, I am hoping that our new OC will be better at making counters when the defense starting to figure us out.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
John63":14uai1av said:
hoxrox":14uai1av said:
Shanegotyou11":14uai1av said:
iigakusei":14uai1av said:
Which broadcast were you watching where this was revealed please. It sounds completely made up.

I asked him as well. I have seen 0 proof.

@John63?

I saw the interaction on the broadcast but was unsure of what was said, so I asked someone I know who is a hawk and was with in ear shot and he told me what was said. Thats how I know. What he told me was what I said and looking back at the interacting it made sense.

So... 3-way interaction seen on TV broadcast, on the sidelines after 1 of 3 recorded sacks, with another Seahawk in such close proximity in a noisy stadium to have heard it all. This should be child's play to identify the Top Secret seahawk "source" aka "friend" in this bizarrely-unfolding and yet totally-banal-if-true story of an interaction meant somehow to support your ongoing lame narrative of 'flawed head coach holds back flawless QB'.

Even after seeing forums used by so many overzealous fans over the years to peddle (disproven) rumours, and very possibly forums even used surreptitiously by a Darrell Bevell plant, this might take the cake!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I enjoyed being relaxed for this one at the end but it wasn't exactly a blowout or boring. I would say it wasn't in the bag until the Metcalf TD at which point there was only 6 min left. A 3 score lead at that point is done. But the Colts were on the verge of making it a 1 score game until the Taylor 4th down sack. And had the drive that ended in the Metcalf TD ended in a FG it would have been a 2 score game. Better than what we are normally accustomed too but still not a sure thing

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":vqi7nxwt said:
John63":vqi7nxwt said:
hoxrox":vqi7nxwt said:
Shanegotyou11":vqi7nxwt said:
I asked him as well. I have seen 0 proof.

@John63?

I saw the interaction on the broadcast but was unsure of what was said, so I asked someone I know who is a hawk and was with in ear shot and he told me what was said. Thats how I know. What he told me was what I said and looking back at the interacting it made sense.

So... 3-way interaction seen on TV broadcast, on the sidelines after 1 of 3 recorded sacks, with another Seahawk in such close proximity in a noisy stadium to have heard it all. This should be child's play to identify the Top Secret seahawk "source" aka "friend" in this bizarrely-unfolding and yet totally-banal-if-true story of an interaction meant somehow to support your ongoing lame narrative of 'flawed head coach holds back flawless QB'.

Even after seeing forums used by so many overzealous fans over the years to peddle (disproven) rumours, and very possibly forums even used surreptitiously by a Darrell Bevell plant, this might take the cake!

You can believe what you want, I really don't care the truth is the truth. And FYI ongoing narrative of a flawed HC that a lot of experts share by the way. ALSO FYi we are all flawed in some way. But as I said believe what you want I don't care, it's not like my life revoevles around what you think, The truth is the truth and that is what was said. so enjoy you know the truth whether you choose to believe it or not is your call, You probably don't believe we landed on the moon either.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":2dvndi2w said:
Tamerlane":2dvndi2w said:
John63":2dvndi2w said:
hoxrox":2dvndi2w said:

You can believe what you want, I really don't care the truth is the truth. And FYI ongoing narrative of a flawed HC that a lot of experts share by the way. ALSO FYi we are all flawed in some way. But as I said believe what you want I don't care, it's not like my life revoevles around what you think, The truth is the truth and that is what was said. so enjoy you know the truth whether you choose to believe it or not is your call, You probably don't believe we landed on the moon either.

Shame on you 63. :thumbdown: You go to far with your fantasies.