Your Impressions of the Offense

John63

Reaction score
iigakusei":b0k9sqha said:
John63":b0k9sqha said:
hoxrox":b0k9sqha said:
Shanegotyou11":b0k9sqha said:
I asked him as well. I have seen 0 proof.

@John63?

I saw the interaction on the broadcast but was unsure of what was said, so I asked someone I know who is a hawk and was with in ear shot and he told me what was said. Thats how I know. What he told me was what I said and looking back at the interacting it made sense.
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive" (Sir Walter Scott)

“You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an a$$ out of you and me because that's how it's spelled.” ― Ellen DeGeneres.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

So your in the ridiculed stage you will get tthere

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2bqezvh1 said:
Ad Hawk":2bqezvh1 said:
pittpnthrs":2bqezvh1 said:
...but its still only week 1 and as usual, people are acting like the team just won the Super Bowl.

Incorrect. Liar. Nobody is acting like that; you just hate the joy.

The Seahawks won, and fans who cheer for them are celebrating an in-season win. This is what fandom looks like for those who know how to appreciate good football. Join us, pitt. Try it. You'll like it.

Quite whining all the time and get a smile on your virtual face, for Pete's sake. Or Russ's sake. Or someone on the Seahawks. Sheesh.

Lol. People are starting threads already asking fans to eat crow on their predictions and opinions of the team because of a good outing in week 1 against a disheveled Colts club. I dont know how many times I can say I was impressed with the team yesterday and they looked good, but its only the first game of the season. I need to see a lot more before i'm asking people to eat crow.

I guess this is to be expected with the hot take culture we live in. People go out of their way to be negative, to say wild or terrible things about the team. And it is never based on facts or analysis, just negativity.

Critics like that get to have it both ways. If they're right, they'll never shut up and if they're wrong, everyone forgets that they were wrong

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Read a lot of previews going into the game. I don't recall one saying the Colts were "dishevelled".

As Aros mentioned about getting nit-picky I had to do that too in order to get annoyed at anything. Both were in the third quarter where another score could have completely put the game away.

-The pass breakup down the left sideline to Lockett. Looks like the pressure in his face didn't let Russ get all he could on that one. If it's out in front of Lockett that's a catch or maybe even another long TD.
-A long third down incompletion to Metcalf down the right sideline when on the replay it looked like a short route open to move the chains.

After I saw the replay I didn't even get too upset at Carson for the fumble. That was a good play by Leonard.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":29n22fkh said:
hoxrox":29n22fkh said:
Shanegotyou11":29n22fkh said:
iigakusei":29n22fkh said:
Which broadcast were you watching where this was revealed please. It sounds completely made up.

@John63?

I saw the interaction on the broadcast but was unsure of what was said, so I asked someone I know who is a hawk and was with in ear shot and he told me what was said. Thats how I know. What he told me was what I said and looking back at the interacting it made sense.

I don't see what the relevance of this is... so what, does it reinforce the theory that PC is a micromanager? News flash all NFL coaches are micro managers to one degree or another. I don't see the relevance..

Carroll gave Shotty parameters to work with and when Shotty went out side of those parameters he got fired and Im Glad he did cause I like SW and I think it was a great call regardless if Carroll got involved or not...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1zesfbb8 said:
Read a lot of previews going into the game. I don't recall one saying the Colts were "dishevelled". .

Colts were without their best corner, best O-lineman, TY Hilton was already on the IR and both Wentz and Quenton Nelson were mid week probables.

So yeah, they were banged up, compared to no one on the Hawks even on the questionable list going into Saturday.

But first game under Waldon's newly installed offense without the starters getting any snaps in pre-season? I'd say the offense looked fantastic. B+ for me, and should only improve as the season goes along.

I'd give the offense an A, but the O-line was shaky for most of the 3rd quarter, especially in pass pro.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3kuhqdo1 said:
Read a lot of previews going into the game. I don't recall one saying the Colts were "dishevelled".

Yep, every preview I read last week was hot and heavy on Indy, however it was either supposed to be a really close win by SEA or back and forth. Hawks dominated both sides.

Seeing Pete on the screen didn't make me angry for the first time in a year and half. Maybe because I ignored the NFL during the entire off season. Or, we didn't go into halftime with 3 points for we feels like forever. Excellente'. Never underestimate the power of personal chemistry with coaches/players.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I like what I saw. I also think we are the sleepers of the NFC west. If we can build on last weeks performance and get just a bit more out of our corners on D, we might prove LA and SF are overhyped.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rj8jrjl5 said:
Are you mad they won? Sure seems like it. Why in the hell does it bother you that people are happy with the win??? Honest question. NOBODY on here is crowning them. They played a damn good game, is it impossible for you to enjoy a win??

And AGAIN, you are making excuses and/or downplaying why the Hawks won a game. EXACTLY what I said would happen, and nobody here is surprised. As usual, you're here to shut down anyone actually happy about their football team winning a game. This is sports, wins are tough in the NFL. My god man, have a Snickers bar and enjoy life a little, let alone a football game. Something we have no control over.

Of course i'm happy they won and i've repeatedly expressed how impressed I was with the offense, but a week 1 win against a beat up Colts team with a broken QB isnt going to change my overall perception of the team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1967bgtn said:
Colts were without their best corner, best O-lineman, TY Hilton was already on the IR and both Wentz and Quenton Nelson were mid week probables.

So yeah, they were banged up, compared to no one on the Hawks even on the questionable list going into Saturday.

Quit talking common sense Sarge. People on this board are convinced they were the same 11-5 team as last year with Phillip Rivers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every team in the league has played 1 game. You're literally downplaying a solid win with the hope (it at least seems like it) that they will play like crap. All so you can be "right" about it.

Doesn't matter, we have went around and around about this for years. Sorry you can't just ACTUALLY enjoy a win. Just my own opinion, but you honestly seem to have a hard time enjoying anything positive when it comes to the Hawks. They won, nothing else matters.

And again, for the 735,433rd time, why do you care so much that people are happy about a win? How is it impacting your life? Nobody is saying they are super bowl bound. But as usual, you are DEAD SET on not only downplaying A WIN by your team....But, you are acting like those who enjoy something are complete idiots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2rk2of54 said:
Sgt. Largent":2rk2of54 said:

Quit talking common sense Sarge. People on this board are convinced they were the same 11-5 team as last year with Phillip Rivers.

We shall see. I do think Wentz looked pretty good the first half, then he got PTSD happy feet in the 2nd when the Hawk's pass rush was getting to him.

Give the Hawks credit, they dominated on both sides of the ball, went into an early road game and did what good teams do, take advantage of a team not at full strength.

Last year or even the last 4-5 years? We let even bad teams hang around, and that didn't happen yesterday. So that's a good sign.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24ll9bsv said:
Every team in the league has played 1 game. You're literally downplaying a solid win with the hope (it at least seems like it) that they will play like crap. All so you can be "right" about it.

Doesn't matter, we have went round and round about this for years. Sorry you can't just ACTUALLY enjoy a win. Just my own opinion, but you honestly seem to have a hard time enjoying anything positive when it comes to the Hawks. They won, nothing else matters.

I'm only downplaying the win because the Colts arent a good measuring stick. They arent that good right now. They are beat up and have a terrible QB. I will feel much better about the Hawks when and if they can repeat that kind of performance against some better teams. Thats all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You already decided that BEFORE the game even happened. And it wouldn't have mattered WHO they beat. Just more excuses for the opponent and telling everyone to calm down etc.

Agree to disagree.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2738530n said:
Give the Hawks credit, they dominated on both sides of the ball, went into an early road game and did what good teams do, take advantage of a team not at full strength.

Absolutely. Like i've been saying, loved the tempo and the changes to the offense. I didnt know what to expect from Waldron except lip service, but it looks promising. Lets hope they can keep it up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully they keep it unpredictable and creative. What we saw yesterday was an offense that actually was creative. One that actually adjusted. One that looked efficient. Even when they had great field position a couple times in the 3rd quarter, they may not have scored points, but they ate up a ton of clock. I hope they continue to use the fly sweep, the quick passes to the tight end and more screen passes to the backs. They clearly have the talent to keep defenses guessing, a lot.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":1u696ubn said:
John63":1u696ubn said:
hoxrox":1u696ubn said:
Shanegotyou11":1u696ubn said:

@John63?

I don't see what the relevance of this is... so what, does it reinforce the theory that PC is a micromanager? News flash all NFL coaches are micro managers to one degree or another. I don't see the relevance..

Carroll gave Shotty parameters to work with and when Shotty went out side of those parameters he got fired and Im Glad he did cause I like SW and I think it was a great call regardless if Carroll got involved or not...

LTH

There was much more to it than that, but you are entitled to think what you want.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":uvfc9fnj said:
You already decided that BEFORE the game even happened. And it wouldn't have mattered WHO they beat. Just more excuses for the opponent and telling everyone to calm down etc.

Agree to disagree.

Ummm yeah, I went into that first game knowing the Colts werent the same 11-5 team as they were last season. I dont know how anybody can call themselves a football fan and think any otherwise.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ut2jray said:
Hopefully they keep it unpredictable and creative. What we saw yesterday was an offense that actually was creative. One that actually adjusted. One that looked efficient. Even when they had great field position a couple times in the 3rd quarter, they may not have scored points, but they ate up a ton of clock. I hope they continue to use the fly sweep, the quick passes to the tight end and more screen passes to the backs. They clearly have the talent to keep defenses guessing, a lot.

That Tampa Two look was shelved after the TE's and underneath stuff started eating up clock and also opened up the deep routes.

Just think how good this will look when they are just playing and not thinking about it in about 9 weeks, I say 9 weeks due to there are a lot of things I think they will add going forward.

Rams ran 16 plays out of one personal set and look, I see us doing similar stuff, so we have building blocks in place but are only on the first floor.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":33xbr1jz said:
SoulfishHawk":33xbr1jz said:

That Tampa Two look was shelved after the TE's and underneath stuff started eating up clock and also opened up the deep routes.

Just think how good this will look when they are just playing and not thinking about it in about 9 weeks, I say 9 weeks due to there are a lot of things I think they will add going forward.

Rams ran 16 plays out of one personal set and look, I see us doing similar stuff, so we have building blocks in place but are only on the first floor.

great analogy!!!