Worst Jersey Purchase

classicaaron

Reaction score
mine would be a home Tatupu jersey. which just went back into style this year when he became an assistant. not as bad as some of the others on here but at the time i bought the jersey i thought he would be an Urlacher type player and be the hawks best line backer ever. i have not worn that jersey in years.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":xh45r91b said:
I bought a Kam Chancellor Jersey last year before the Superbowl. Has the patch on it and everything.

It is going to take a while for me to want to wear it. It will stay in the closet for now.

That's exactly what I did, lol. I haven't been able to bring myself to wear it yet, and during his holdout it was a doubly bad decision looking back on the purchase. Now that Chancellor is back with the team the only thing wrong with it is the XLIX patch.

I have one of the Ebay replica SB patches from XLVIII that looks spot on, but is ever so slightly smaller than the XLIX patch. I will eventually try ironing the XLIX patch off and putting on the XLVIII patch in it's place.

If that works great, if it doesn't I may never put it on and it will sit in the back of the closet as evidence of yet another bad decision.

byau

Reaction score
Exittium":395tys1s said:
A Dave Krieg jersey..

A bit confused here ... I would love a Dave Krieg jersey. Saw someone else mention Rufus Porter. Those would be awesome jerseys to have. Lofa's would be a good one too

Now Jerry Rice I could get behind as worst jersey purchase ever.

Don't even remember Edgerrin James but the two week window comment makes it a good choice for worst jersey :)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
byau":3hjiteey said:
Exittium":3hjiteey said:
A Dave Krieg jersey..

A bit confused here ... I would love a Dave Krieg jersey. Saw someone else mention Rufus Porter. Those would be awesome jerseys to have. Lofa's would be a good one too

Don't even remember Edgerrin James but the two week window comment makes it a good choice for worst jersey :)

I think it was the whole story about Krieg being a jerk to him as a kid who asked for an autograph.... that makes it a bad jersey for him.

A Dave Krieg jersey...My grandfather bought it back when I was a wee one and it was huge lol . One time he visited the Hawks at training camp, and I had my Kitna jersey on I saved up for and went to go ask for his autograph. Still remember it like it was yesterday. Dude was just rude as one can be to a kid

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I bought a China Russell Wilson jersey the week after he was drafted. It was really bad. I think a 5 year old could stitch better than that. The next year legit Russ Elite Jersey's were out so I know own that.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3dapenfl said:
byau":3dapenfl said:
Exittium":3dapenfl said:
A Dave Krieg jersey..

I think it was the whole story about Krieg being a jerk to him as a kid who asked for an autograph.... that makes it a bad jersey for him.

A Dave Krieg jersey...My grandfather bought it back when I was a wee one and it was huge lol . One time he visited the Hawks at training camp, and I had my Kitna jersey on I saved up for and went to go ask for his autograph. Still remember it like it was yesterday. Dude was just rude as one can be to a kid

He's just pissed because he has small hands and has to make up for it by being rude to kids.

Tical21

Reaction score
I was really lucky, most of mine panned out pretty well.

Zorn, Krieg, Largent, Easley, Walt, Engram, Kearse, Earl. The only one that is somewhat iffy is probably Hutch.

byau

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3qc9496q said:
twisted_steel2":3qc9496q said:
byau":3qc9496q said:
Exittium":3qc9496q said:
A Dave Krieg jersey..

He's just pissed because he has small hands and has to make up for it by being rude to kids.

Ah okay ... thanks for clarifying. I read the part about Alexander taking him around (very cool), and the part about not getting Krieg. For some reason I didn't equate him not getting Krieg with Krieg being rude. My bad.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rice, Franco Harris, Cullen Bryant, Lawrance McCutcheon, Edgerin James, T.J. Duckett, Nate Odoms, I think all fall into the Bad Purchase catagory. Oh and if anyone bought a Christine Michael Jersey.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1uuy1v6h said:
Harvin's by far.

Unrelated: I am an Avalanche fan and my favorite hockey player growing up was Chris Drury. One day I finally bought an authentic jersey, and picked Drury. The jersey came in the mail a week later. Literally the first night I had it, the Avalanche traded him to Calgary.

:lol:

This is completely random, but I have a Matt Duchene jersey that I bought 4 years ago when I lived in Denver that you can have if you want. I've worn it once. It's just sitting in storage. It's either a size M or L.

byau

Reaction score
chris98251":38v7yyyi said:
Rice, Franco Harris, Cullen Bryant, Lawrance McCutcheon, Edgerin James, T.J. Duckett, Nate Odoms, I think all fall into the Bad Purchase catagory. Oh and if anyone bought a Christine Michael Jersey.

FORGOT ABOUT FRANCO!

Yeah that one.

Even read somewhere on this board recently how at an autograph signing he refused to sign any Seahawks stuff.

Nice.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
chris98251":wxynw800 said:

There can't be that many T.J. Duckett Seahawk jerseys in existence.

chris98251

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":25ysisc1 said:
chris98251":25ysisc1 said:

There can't be that many T.J. Duckett Seahawk jerseys in existence.

True, anyone that did get one probably had the Name changed to Easley if they could.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Housh.

Anyone know where I can get the name plate changed? If I could get it changed to Engram, I'd actually wear it sometimes.

Erebus

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":27tmvew2 said:
I bought a Kam Chancellor Jersey last year before the Superbowl. Has the patch on it and everything.

It is going to take a while for me to want to wear it. It will stay in the closet for now.

I did the same thing. I'll probably wear it again, in time. I need to respect Chancellor again before I can wear it again. And I need to get over XLIX.

drcool

Reaction score
Exittium":2tzoy747 said:
drcool":2tzoy747 said:
Kelly Jennings, TJ Housmandzadeh, Michael Boulware, Marcus Tubbs, Aaron Curry, Deion Branch... all hanging in the closet right now.

Daaaamn... at what point did you stop buying jerseys or have you become more precise on who you pick?

Those are only my bad ones. Got some other solid ones like Jones, Alexander, Hamlin, Thomas, Okung, Chancellor, Lynch, and others. All in all I have about 20 jerseys and I think I have only really worn 4 or 5 of them (Anthony Simmonsm, Jones, Thomas, Chancellor, and Lynch). I had a problem for a while. And a lot of credit and an online retailer I needed to use so I would get a new jersey or two every year.

Boom84

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":11coh1vb said:
I know a guy that bought a GAME USED Percy jersey a week before we traded him.
He spent around $1,500 on it............ :180670:

Aye, sorry bud. :cry: