Worst Jersey Purchase

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":54heggna said:
032abdbc594b222e6e597519afe7f808.jpg

I told you it was a true story. Lock thread I win.

I'm actually thinking of wearing it to today's game but don't want to disrupt mojo in anyway.

You got my vote.

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
Not me personally but my dad purchased an Anthony Simmons jersey #51, for myself probably an Aaron Curry Jersey #59

MVP53

Reaction score
This is a great thread. I've LOL'ed several times.

I didn't purchase it, but I was at the team shop a couple weeks ago perusing the clearance rack and they had, not just 1, but THREE Leon Washington jerseys. Very odd. I asked about it and the guy said occasionally they just find stuff at the warehouse and send it to them.

So...if anyone wants a Leon Washington jersey, for some reason, they're on sale at the team shop at The Landing for $50.

BEEF46

Reaction score
Vantucky Hawk":2jx8zuon said:
Purchased a authentic Galloway jersey before the '99 season. Still have it haven't worn it.

Yep....bought a home Galloway.....then---hold out.....turned it into a garage rag. Still use it for oil changes.... :lol:

Rocket

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2u2cjm9p said:
Picked up a authentic Matt Flynn jersey for $19.99 at a local shop, removed the name and added Kearse. :D
Me too, 'cept mine says "Angry Doug" for his first year leading in receptions.
It was a gift, what can I say, and it is one of the black/green ones. STT suggested black on black lettering cuz the green is a bit darker, so it's as unique as they come.

Threedee

Reaction score
I received a Harvin t-shirt for Christmas before the SB. I didn't purchase it, and it has a great big Seahawks logo shield on the front, so I still wear it. Eventually I'll get some better stuff.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I have home #83 Deion Branch and a home # 26 Ken Hamlin jerseys. Probably the reason I don't have any Houshmandzadeh, Curry, etc. Lesson learned.

Don't consider my #84 Joey Galloway jersey to be a bad purchase. Still wear it occasionally. Same with my #59 Peterson.

Also:
HawkFan72":1hsmu8eh said:
Whenever you are mad at your dog, just imagine Harvin's face on him.
Doghumanface

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I don't buy Jersey's or have any cards anymore. My bad luck started with rookie cards. Mirer, Maguire had all their rookie cards.

Then got these jerseys. Mirer, Jackson, King, Robinson, Curry and Harvin. Got a Wilson Jersey as a gift this past Xmas and told them to return it. Best decision I ever made.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Wartooth":1jkklz01 said:
Koren Robinson... Before that authentic Mirer.
Can't see myself buying another one with that track record!

You have an authentic Mirer jersey? I would wear that all the time. Would be especially perfect for games against the Bears.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2u6tgcqk said:
NFL 75th Anniversary Edtion Rick Mirer...
Still got it too.

That is a great collector's item. Nothing to be ashamed of with this one.

Osprey12

Reaction score
John Carlson, pretty sure it's my fault he went to shit. I think it happened literally the second I bought the thing.

Vetamur

Reaction score
During the Holmgren years me buying your jersey meant your career was over, you were about to get hurt , or at best traded. Got Alexander just before he turned awful, got Hamlin two weeks before he was attacked..etc.

So I returned to my old rule of only buying the classics..I have Zorn, Largent, Easely, etc..

Superbowls got me excited and...well..the curse continued. Just after SB48 I bought a Harvin. sigh. And then in a bout of over confidence bought a Super Bowl 49 Chancellor jersey...

Now, Im going back to my old rules AGAIN and have ordered a custom old school #83 Raible.

rideaducati

Reaction score
olyfan63":1xwbqhxy said:
gowazzu02":1xwbqhxy said:
Seattle Seahawks Home D.J Hackett number 18..... WOOOOF that one was a mistake lol
Hackett had some decent years; is it just because he left in FA? Curious on the criteria, why did that one suck the worst? The timing of purchase, or something Hackett did? He had 9 TD's in Seahawks blue and was part of the first SB team as a rookie.
I suppose I am giving a pass to players that had a couple good seasons in Seahawks blue, as long as they left with class.
Also a pass for players who had at least one good stretch for Seattle and retired as a Seahawk.
Disclaimer: I still have fond memories of Brian Bosworth's limited time as a Seahawk, and to me the play that defines him was his tackle/rip fumble/return for TD vs Chicago, the week his rookie year he was Defensive Player of the Week.

(The jerseys I have/had are Largent 80, Tatupu 51, Sherman 25, and Graham 88.)

Wartooth":1xwbqhxy said:
Can't see myself buying another one with that track record!
Hmm, putting a Wilson nameplate onto a Mirer 3 Hawks jersey... smart or sacrilege?

SeahawkFrost":1xwbqhxy said:
...Mine would have to be Sidney Rice I picked it up from the Nike outlet about 3 weeks before he retired. At least I only paid $30 for it.
I felt like Sidney Rice gave his heart, soul, and body to the team while he was here; I'd wear it with pride. He was important part of the Seahawks rise to power, and he retired as a Seahawk. When I think of S. Rice, I think of his game-winning catch vs New England in 2012, and his two key catches in the 2012 Chicago game, like the one where he got knocked out scoring the game-winning TD. I can see the timing of buying did suck, but hey, $30, not bad.

When I think of S. Rice, I think of a guy that falls down for no reason and I wonder if he still does it...then I laugh at the thought.

rideaducati

Reaction score
My mom bought me a #55 Rams jersey when I was a kid. I don't even know what player wore that number.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Re: Mirer,

Funny story, so I was flying home from a work biz trip the friday before the Superbowl win 2 years ago. Sitting in LAX killing time in the sports bar by my gate and what do I see but a framed , hung up on the wall, Rick Mirer jersey. Couldn't believe of all places and all players.

Attachments

• Mirer.jpg
    Mirer.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 757

rideaducati

Reaction score
gowazzu02":20pa9x9r said:
Re: Mirer,

Funny story, so I was flying home from a work biz trip the friday before the Superbowl win 2 years ago. Sitting in LAX killing time in the sports bar by my gate and what do I see but a framed , hung up on the wall, Rick Mirer jersey. Couldn't believe of all places and all players.

Somewhere, someone was sent out to get a number 3 Seahawk jersey and that person found a "great" deal and went back with this. This is what happens when a secretary is sent to buy NFL gear.

Latest posts