Worst Jersey Purchase

olyfan63

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1r38xq3c said:
Seattle Seahawks Home D.J Hackett number 18..... WOOOOF that one was a mistake lol
Hackett had some decent years; is it just because he left in FA? Curious on the criteria, why did that one suck the worst? The timing of purchase, or something Hackett did? He had 9 TD's in Seahawks blue and was part of the first SB team as a rookie.
I suppose I am giving a pass to players that had a couple good seasons in Seahawks blue, as long as they left with class.
Also a pass for players who had at least one good stretch for Seattle and retired as a Seahawk.
Disclaimer: I still have fond memories of Brian Bosworth's limited time as a Seahawk, and to me the play that defines him was his tackle/rip fumble/return for TD vs Chicago, the week his rookie year he was Defensive Player of the Week.

(The jerseys I have/had are Largent 80, Tatupu 51, Sherman 25, and Graham 88.)

Wartooth":1r38xq3c said:
Can't see myself buying another one with that track record!
Hmm, putting a Wilson nameplate onto a Mirer 3 Hawks jersey... smart or sacrilege?

SeahawkFrost":1r38xq3c said:
...Mine would have to be Sidney Rice I picked it up from the Nike outlet about 3 weeks before he retired. At least I only paid $30 for it.
I felt like Sidney Rice gave his heart, soul, and body to the team while he was here; I'd wear it with pride. He was important part of the Seahawks rise to power, and he retired as a Seahawk. When I think of S. Rice, I think of his game-winning catch vs New England in 2012, and his two key catches in the 2012 Chicago game, like the one where he got knocked out scoring the game-winning TD. I can see the timing of buying did suck, but hey, $30, not bad.

Exittium

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":iesb565k said:
Dave Krieg is not a bad jersey. He might have been a jerk in real life, but the guy was a really good QB for what he had around him. Also Rufus Porter was another guy I would love to have his jersey.

Now bad jerseys....as a kid I had a jersey with the name Stan Gelbaugh on it. Believe it or not, he was a QB - I think about the time we had Mirer but the pain of Mirer was so great I blocked most of those years out so who knows. (Though we got Big Walk for him later...)

Ken Lucas, but he was pretty good for us back when we still had low standards for DBs.

Also not purchases but gifts:
I had a Maurice Morris jersey, someone gave me his Hawk jersey because he went to Oregon and being a Husky I had to hate Oregon but then cheer for him once he became a Seahawk.

Someone gave me a Tuten jersey, even though wearing a punter's # kind of seems off unless you are related to him or something.

(And I also have a cursed Marshawn Lynch jersey that I can never wear.)

Oh I agree, on him being a good QB, and its not necessarily a bad jersey is just the memory I have tied to it makes it .. seem like a bad jersey or the worst of my collection. It was one of my favs up until that moment.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2ucj3x54 said:
I bought a China Russell Wilson jersey the week after he was drafted. It was really bad. I think a 5 year old could stitch better than that. The next year legit Russ Elite Jersey's were out so I know own that.
a 5 year oldlikely did...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My worst was a road Harvin jersey.

The worst part of it was... I bought a SB XLVIII patch from our Swedish .NET brother with the intent of bonding it onto Harvin's jersey... and immediately after completing the bonding operation (which came out perfect, btw), I walked back into my house... grabbed my computer... pulled up .NET... and learned that Harvin had just been traded to the Jets.

True story. :thirishdrinkers:

Hendo66

Reaction score
Authentic away Ken Hamlin.
Dudes career was never the same after the pioneer square incident.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah but he was not a bust prior to that, so I would not consider that a worst, he and Weaver are still in my sig pic.

Psychobabbler

Reaction score
I've never purchased anything but #12. Players come 'n' go. But that's my (our) number.

BUT...I did lay down a sizable chunk for a customized authentic #12 "PSYCHO" in 2011. Changed unis next year. Ugh.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I have not had a seahawks jersey since christmas 1982, Jim Zorn, it was the kind that had the numbers done in some rubber type stuff that made the clothes dryer smell like a tire factory.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Arron you can't miss Curry ! I drank the kool aid big time

DirtyDave

Reaction score
I got my daughter a jersey she wanted.. Josh Brown.. We waited at cabelas in line for 3 hours to get him to sign it . He left in the off season because he didnt want to be "held captive by the business man" or some BS like that. Poor choice, it hung in the closet and never saw daylight..

dunceface

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":b6qltib5 said:
Anyone have a Jerramy Stevens?

I do...I thought it was funny at the time because he was such a terrible person in real life

Also have a Housh jersey to remind me of the Mora era

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Not sure it's worse, but last jersey purchased was Hammer, Kenny Hamlin, home blue #26.....wore that jersey at the infamous game in Baltimore back in 2003 or 2004 and then again at Washington in 2005 & SB XL.....0-5 with that jersey after 2006 visit to Chicago on Sunday night football, probably the worse live Hawk performance I've ever seen....

Last live game here was Sherman's rookie season pick 6 vs the Giants on my birthday.....that was a pre-cursor to the Meadowlands being Seahawks home on the East coast, they shut out the Giants in 2013 here & Super Bowl 48 was obviously the best Seahawks day ever (other day was eliminating the Niners 2 weeks earlier)

Love the new Uniforms and if I would purchase one today, it would be the wolf grey of any of our defensive stars.....

Subzero717

Reaction score
032abdbc594b222e6e597519afe7f808.jpg

I told you it was a true story. Lock thread I win.

I'm actually thinking of wearing it to today's game but don't want to disrupt mojo in anyway.

ellipi

Reaction score
Maulbert":2du7dvyc said:
Got a Julian Peterson jersey the season he switched to 98. Whoops.

Same here. Home #59. My only jersey too. Then he was gone the season after.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3svzugmu said:
Darren Sharper
haha forgot I have one of those too from the Saints sb win...Rae Caruth Javon Belcher jerseys would probably be bad one to take out of the closet too...I am sure some Pats fans still wear Hernandez jerseys...after all most think he is innocent...