Wilson wouldn't wear...

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seriously, why invite needless criticism? Ok, so he wore a hat on the beach. He made it worse with his response. It just shows bad judgement and he needs to be more cognizant of his role as the "face" (sorry 9er fans) of the franchise.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Exactly, Pliny. Quarterbacks (at least, the ones even remotely worth mentioning) are the faces of their respective franchises. Image matters. They shouldn't be advertising the competition, even if they grew up loving that team, or whatever. Wait until you retire, then rep whomever you want.

I don't know about the rest of you, but seeing a Seahawk rep the Seahawks specifically in any way makes me feel warm inside. I'm guessing it does for most serious fans. I'm not saying it's some requirement that all NFL players rep their team in private life, they have their freedom and can do what they want; I just think that important/popular players should rep their team.

rlkats

Reaction score
Some people are plain sad. Who gives a rats ass what he wears. As long as he okays his ass off. I don't give a damn.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I must admit, for a guy who is always touted as 4.0 Super Genius Academic Role model, this dude writes like he is either a wanna-be gangsta or a bad rendition of Kid Rock.

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored".

The guy isn't stupid by any means, but there is something not right with this guy. Come 'on Papaki, you were raised in a good home and outside of the South, so please quit with the "y'all" and frankly, I am going to have to ask you to go ahead and use those "g's". MMMM... Kay?

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2kel6hlh said:
I must admit, for a guy who is always touted as 4.0 Super Genius Academic Role model, this dude writes like he is either a wanna-be gangsta or a bad rendition of Kid Rock.

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored".

The guy isn't stupid by any means, but there is something not right with this guy. Come 'on Papaki, you were raised in a good home and outside of the South, so please quit with the "y'all" and frankly, I am going to have to ask you to go ahead and use those "g's". MMMM... Kay?
He just seems like a jersey shore contestant to me - his style, his way of speaking, his tackiness, his weird mixture of vanity and machismo. You can say he's a 4.0 student all you want, nothing I have heard him say indicates that he has above average intelligence.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3src3bth said:
He made it worse with his response. It just shows bad judgement and he needs to be more cognizant of his role as the "face" (sorry 9er fans) of the franchise.

Well said.

He did something that angered a lot of his fan base, and made the fan base of the other teams laugh. Was it a huge deal? No, but it was something, lets not kid ourselves.

And then he mocked them after with that douchey face? Hilarious.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2b7veyjd said:

Another accurate Wonderlic test indicator.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Reading the NFL forums today and it seems that CKDB also owns 400 pairs of shoes! Let's just sum up his douchy antics so far:

1. Prison sleeve tats and homeboy slang talk from a kid raised in the suburbs and is supposed to be a 4.0 student.

2. Kisses his bicep after good plays as a desperate "Look at me! Look at me!" bid for attention like a petulant 6 year old.

3. As the face of a very popular NFL franchise he chooses to fashion coordinate his shoes and underwear by wearing another NFL team's hat, and then has the wontons to squawk about the subsequent uproar on Twitter! Was it THAT important to wear teal that day that you couldn't find another lid to match?
(Oh, and for all of you young pups who try to rationalize this away as "no big deal" due to a generation gap, tell me, can you think of another example of this happening in US sports history? Ever? Doesn't that tell you something? Guess what: it should.)

4. 400 pairs of shoes! Maybe us old timers need to christen him "Imelda".

The evidence is pretty compelling, is it not?

chris98251

Reaction score
This is akin to working for Comcast and wearing AT&T clothing to someplace and getting photographed and then saying I can wear what I want.

Monday morning you get a call from the publicity department at work...................................... Called into your Supervisors office......................................

Get released due to conduct and backed up by the jokes you made in a email at one time which is determined could be of discriminitory nature and grounds for dismissal.........................

Thats what would happen to normal people.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":37tvzosp said:
Reading the NFL forums today and it seems that CKDB also owns 400 pairs of shoes! Let's just sum up his douchy antics so far:

1. Prison sleeve tats and homeboy slang talk from a kid raised in the suburbs and is supposed to be a 4.0 student.

2. Kisses his bicep after good plays as a desperate "Look at me! Look at me!" bid for attention like a petulant 6 year old.

3. As the face of a very popular NFL franchise he chooses to fashion coordinate his shoes and underwear by wearing another NFL team's hat, and then has the wontons to squawk about the subsequent uproar on Twitter! Was it THAT important to wear teal that day that you couldn't find another lid to match?
(Oh, and for all of you young pups who try to rationalize this away as "no big deal" due to a generation gap, tell me, can you think of another example of this happening in US sports history? Ever? Doesn't that tell you something? Guess what: it should.)

I don't get how owning a certain amount of shoes proves anything about his character lol.

Much of the youth of today is very into sneakers (I'm still a bit younger then CK himself & also into sneakers), for the most part they're called "sneakerheads". I hate using that term though.

At your third point, Lebron wore a Yankee's hat to a Indian's baseball game and people went crazy. NY hats are probably one of the most common hats people wear.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1y4umbpo said:
Trenchbroom":1y4umbpo said:

I don't get how owning a certain amount of shoes proves anything about his character lol.

Much of the youth of today is very into sneakers (I'm still a bit younger then CK himself & also into sneakers), for the most part they're called "sneakerheads". I hate using that term though.

At your third point, Lebron wore a Yankee's hat to a Indian's baseball game and people went crazy. NY hats are probably one of the most common hats people wear.

It's not an indictment of his character, it's a benchmark of his self-absorbed doucheness. And if LeBron wore a Knicks hat around town, THEN we'd be talking about the same thing.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
It's not an indictment of his character, it's a benchmark of his self-absorbed doucheness. And if LeBron wore a Knicks hat around town, THEN we'd be talking about the same thing.
I've never seen anyone, even the most petulant Seahawks fan, claim that Kaepernick is a "bad guy" or amoral or has low character. No, no, no it's not that at all -- he's just a bicep-kissing douchebag. That much is pretty obvious.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
keenan-allen-raiders.png

It happens, some people get mad, some people don't care.

rideaducati

Reaction score
After the Seahawks beat the niners, Russell Wilson should present Kaep with a Seahawk lid. Could you imagine that photo op? Priceless.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
rideaducati":3h8bn16s said:
After the Seahawks beat the niners, Russell Wilson should present Kaep with a Seahawk lid. Could you imagine that photo op? Priceless.
Wilson is way too classy to do that...but Sherman might.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":2uyi5ucy said:
rideaducati":2uyi5ucy said:
Wilson is way too classy to do that...but Sherman might.

I would bet on that happening. :snack:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.

rideaducati

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":cyk46avo said:
Someone needs to tweet Sherman and see if he'll try to give Kappermick a Seahawks cap to wear week 2.

Opened a twitter account for that reason. DONE.