Wilson files for divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sad news. Prayers to both of them as they navigate these troubling waters.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1n9z9aeu said:
Not that it's any of our damn business, but . . .

Wilson's public statement:
I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.

If it had to happen, he's fortunate they're divorcing now before they have any children and before he gets his signing bonus. There will be much less community property to distribute, though he will likely have to pay her significant spousal support.
Why? She is not disabled and I assume has a degree. I have never understood spousal support when women are damned able to take care of themselves. Child support I understand but spousal with no children?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":mipgnpsz said:
hawknation2014":mipgnpsz said:
Not that it's any of our damn business, but . . .

Wilson's public statement:
I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.

If it had to happen, he's fortunate they're divorcing now before they have any children and before he gets his signing bonus. There will be much less community property to distribute, though he will likely have to pay her significant spousal support.
Why? She is not disabled and I assume has a degree. I have never understood spousal support when women are damned able to take care of themselves. Child support I understand but spousal with no children?

I agree. Too bad the courts don't see it that way.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1kkzgyxx said:
Just last week I think it was I saw a instagram pic of him and some pretty young thang at the hospital and was thinking "I wonder how Ashton feels about that" then I thought I'd noticed I hadn't seen her in his flicks in a while. Too bad.

My wife works at Childrens, and they actually were wondering where Ashton was the last several visits. She's usually always with him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CaptBennett":dsn1e6s5 said:
My dad knows a couple people with the Seahawk staff. They say she is a borderline gold-digger.

She has horrible timing then

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kobebryant":6s3u4snw said:
Yes it is.

This is a man's private life, and we shouldn't concern ourselves with it.
You're a better man than the rest of us then, if you've stopped reading something the instant you've ever seen anything regarding someone's private life.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This is never an easy thing. I wish them both the best. Im not surprised however, seeing as he is so busy all the time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. This is about the most shocking thing I could have read in here today. Sad.

Polaris

Reaction score
My best and only guess (unless and until I know more) is this:

Wilson is a known workaholic, and I am guessing that Ashton had a few too many lonely nights in a strange city (at least for her), and finally had enough.

That's as far as I'm willing to speculate.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SNDavidson":14sfmae0 said:
Women do weird emotional/mental things to men, will this impact his offseason prep and early season state of mind?
No. I believe it's the actual root of the issue. Damn.:(

JZ#1

Reaction score
kobebryant":18rjez2f said:
JZ#1":18rjez2f said:
Is it bad that I really really want to know what happened? Eventually it will come out, I imagine.

Yes it is.

Do you say the same thing when players get arrested?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
CaptBennett":325cbknv said:
My dad knows a couple people with the Seahawk staff. They say she is a borderline gold-digger.

Oh come on. How can she possibly have a track record for that? She's been with Russ since HS.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
JZ#1":16kfvxy6 said:
kobebryant":16kfvxy6 said:
JZ#1":16kfvxy6 said:
Is it bad that I really really want to know what happened? Eventually it will come out, I imagine.

Yes it is.

Come on, those things are easily distinguishable. Breaking the law is not the same thing as a legal divorce. Breaking the law could have implications on whether the player would be suspended; getting a divorce does not have that implication.

This is 100% Wilson's personal business. All the speculation is garbage.

Polaris

Reaction score
hawknation2014":100d65kf said:
JZ#1":100d65kf said:
kobebryant":100d65kf said:
JZ#1":100d65kf said:

Yes it is.

Come on, those things are easily distinguishable. Breaking the law is not the same thing as a legal divorce. Breaking the law could have implications on whether the player would be suspended; getting a divorce does not have that implication.

You're right of course, but it's almost impossible not to speculate anyway. I've said my piece on what I think and won't go beyond that. I don't think less of either one. Just dissapointed for both of them and wish both of them well.

kobebryant

Reaction score
JZ#1":2m147qtu said:
kobebryant":2m147qtu said:
JZ#1":2m147qtu said:

Yes it is.

Yes I do.

What happens in the lives of these men outside of providing entertainment on the football field really is of no interest to me, and I do not consider it my place to comment.

Though it is naive to do so; I like to believe that a free American should be able to get a divorce, or in the case of Tiger Woods deal with his problems, without having to deal with all the gossips. I am sure I am in the minority, but other people's personal lives are not something I have any desire to know about nor comment on.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CaptBennett":13u0fu45 said:

And how exactly did they make that judgment? She's been with him since H.S. when he was a two-star football recruit who had a very remote chance of playing in MLB. From what I understand, she worked full-time at American Family Insurance (Wilson's now sponsor) while he played at Wisconsin.

JZ#1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2gxx8qo3 said:
JZ#1":2gxx8qo3 said:
kobebryant":2gxx8qo3 said:
JZ#1":2gxx8qo3 said:

Yes it is.

Clearly I realize that arrests and divorces are entirely different. But there is nothing wrong with being curious and wondering what happened. Its when that speculation is manipulated to be fact, or if he is disrespected in someway, then its different.

Status
Not open for further replies.