Wilson files for divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geologic

Reaction score
CANHawk":3f2j2iab said:
No time to sleep... with his wife. Too busy watching film I guess.

hey... didn't he just spend some time with Michael Jordan? Hmmmmm........ more to the point, he's going to find lots of time to sleep... with everything that moves!
Welp this made me laugh really hard.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Wow. Crazy news. Didn't see this one coming.
From a personal stand point, I hope they are both OK.
From a Hawk fan stand point, I hope this doesn't mess with his head to much.
Guess it's not fair to speculate.

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1rkq1d34 said:
What sucks about this is that it's really nobody's business and I'm the last person to really wanna get into people's personal lives but this is so outta left field that I'm having hard time not wanting to know what was up.

Totally agree. :13:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not too surprising. They got married young and likely felt a lot of religious pressure to do so. Their life has changed pretty dramatically in a very short time. Too bad though, I hope nothing too catastrophic happened.

pcbball12

Reaction score
I try not to get emotionally vested with players personal lives and this stuff usually doesn't affect me at all. For whatever reason this pulled my heart strings a little. It shouldn't because it really is none of my business, but it does. Maybe it is the fact that I am married and feel terrible any time I see any marriage fail, let alone a guy I truly admire.

I am assuming things have been rough for awhile now, as they usually are when a married couple finally decides to call it quits. Probably have had issues for well over a year. A couple doesn't just all of a sudden file for divorce, especially one that has been together as long as they have. My guess is that we won't see any negative impact on his game and the tension in the marriage could have actually had a negative impact on him in the past season or seasons. Divorces can get nasty, but since he is the one that filed it I bet he feels a lot of relieved stress to have done it and is ready to focus on football and football only.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1pk2seb2 said:
Greenhell":1pk2seb2 said:
Maybe it's true but why on earth would the Seahawks release and official statement announcing his filing of divorce??? That's a personal matter and seems like the only one who should make such an announcement would be Russ and his wife. Kinda pissed that it would go this route.

called beating the media hounds to the punch. it would come out anyways. easier to have the team release a statement that says 'this is all we're gonna say' rather than having to open up by answering questions.

Plus it was Wilson who released the statement, though you would think this would usually be through his agent and not the team's PR machine.

ManBunts

Reaction score
...and I feel like an ass because my first thought when I read this was "OH NO! I hope this doesn't unsettle him and jeopardize the team!" But really, I feel bad for the guy. Smart of the Hawks to beat the media to the punch, and smart of him to lay it out there.

Hopefully it happened on good terms, well, as good as can be in situations like this, and nothing bad, like him walking in on her in a 49ers uniform or something horrible like that

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1b62mkl0 said:
Greenhell":1b62mkl0 said:
Maybe it's true but why on earth would the Seahawks release and official statement announcing his filing of divorce??? That's a personal matter and seems like the only one who should make such an announcement would be Russ and his wife. Kinda pissed that it would go this route.

called beating the media hounds to the punch. it would come out anyways. easier to have the team release a statement that says 'this is all we're gonna say' rather than having to open up by answering questions.

Yep, it was going to get out and be a news story no matter what happened. Might as well rip off the band-aid and get it over with.

This sucks....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1w6fyhtv said:
Just last week I think it was I saw a instagram pic of him and some pretty young thang at the hospital and was thinking "I wonder how Ashton feels about that" then I thought I'd noticed I hadn't seen her in his flicks in a while. Too bad.

I noticed that, too. This was still way out of left field to me. I don't get it. ( I mean, I do, but really...)

MysterMatt

Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but at least there are no kids involved (tip hat to DrDiags).

I admit that in a way this is a relief. I've been dreading what would happen when the human side of Wilson is revealed. Hopefully this is all there is to the story.

Kids! Don't rush to get married until you're 30 or so! Trust Uncle Myster on this!

TXHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2kfwxfjv said:
What sucks about this is that it's really nobody's business and I'm the last person to really wanna get into people's personal lives but this is so outta left field that I'm having hard time not wanting to know what was up.

Well, I'm sure that TMZ is sniffing around for dirt as we speak.

They seemed happily married but who knows what really goes on in a marriage. I do remember thinking I hadn't heard or seen much of her as RW was gallavanting around the country after the Super Bowl.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ry38gyvs said:
Zebulon Dak":ry38gyvs said:
Just last week I think it was I saw a instagram pic of him and some pretty young thang at the hospital and was thinking "I wonder how Ashton feels about that" then I thought I'd noticed I hadn't seen her in his flicks in a while. Too bad.

I noticed that, too. This was still way out of left field to me. I don't get it. ( I mean, I do, but really...)

Wasn't the pic of the pretty girl an actual RN at the children's hospital he visits?

JZ#1

Reaction score
Is it bad that I really really want to know what happened? Eventually it will come out, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.