Wilson files for divorce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themunn

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2fxw1877 said:
themunn":2fxw1877 said:
The speculation in this thread is just that, and for someone we apparently have so much love for, it's pretty disrespectful.

Oh come on... the only QB that has been severely disrespected on this site is Kaep.

The one big issue with this for most hawk fans is that they can no longer put side by side comparisons of Wilson and Kaep up and say "Oh look, he is more wholesome!" In the end, everyone is one shade of gray or another, everyone is mortal and not everything is in our control.

As for 49er fans, I have no doubt they are squealing like little piggies in mud right now.

And who can blame then, when your QB is taking girls back to his place with his buddies --and innocent or consensual, he still took a woman back to his place with his two buddies - which is just as skeevy as heck. They also have guys who are already in deep doo doo, getting drunk/andor angry and saying "I have a bomb" in an airport.

So, anything at all negative about the hawks, a little divorce here, a little drama there, and they are going to be like a herd of socially awkward 4 year olds, scrambling to eat any random booger we flick out of our noses.

Just, cross your fingers for the next month or so and hope no more hawks get caught urinating in public. =P

I expect it from Niner whiners, just not Seahawks fans

lobohawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":5mwuon1a said:
joeseahawks":5mwuon1a said:
A guy with a young bride @home who shows up at 5am after a Sunday night game to watch film isn't serious about his marriage.
When fans were cheering RW showing up @5am in the morning at the Gym, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with his family". When he struggled towards the end of the season, I remember saying "RW needs to spend more time with wife @home". I'm starting to believe now that his struggles towards the end of last season were the consequence of his family falling apart.

I know fans want their favorite players working hard 24 hours a day, but I doubt anyone of us with a family and a young bride could do the same thing. Having a wife @ home who almost never sees her man is just not realistic.
<snip>

Insightful analysis. (except the speculation I snipped)

I also wouldn't be surprised if Russell got to have a man-to-man talk with Michael Jordan about marriage, assets, etc., and Michael may have had 168 million words of advice to share with him.

Jordan is among the worst for any marriage advice. He did wonders for Tiger marriage.

A

Anonymous

I can tell you from personal experience that a relationship can be big-time strained by workaholicism. Many an argument has ensued in the HH82 household when I left at 6:00am and returned home at 11:30pm. Who knows for sure what elements in their personal life culminated with this, but looking in from the outside (however briefly) one can easily surmise that the travel and preparation for this job has something to do with it.

There is a big difference between having to work long hours out of necessity, than long hours spent trying to simply be the best. The latter doesn't hold nearly as much water with a spouse than the former.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
-The Glove-":dntznknh said:
Sounds like a kid that just realized his role model isn't exactly who he thought he was

Why is divorce a bad thing or frowned upon? I don't get it.

aawolf

Reaction score
They were together through NC State. They were married young when he went to Wisconsin. She is definitely no gold-digger, and that "rumor" is BS. I am very sad for RW and Ashton. They will be in my prayers. Sad thing is, I understand, with the demands that RW puts on himself. He can't do everything and not allow his marriage to suffer.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":hpgtxs9r said:
Wow, Jaw on the floor if this one is true! Gotta be tough to keep a family together when so many are trying to get a piece of you!

That's not always the case. Drew Brees and Philip Rivers both have college sweethearts as wives and lots of kids and have no problems with keeping their families as the top priority.

superdeluxe

Reaction score
I hope and wish the best for both of them.

I hope it is something as simple as Russell not being there for Ashton as much as either would like, Saw the term that he is married to football. You can certainly say that Russell has been very busy with charity work, camps etc.

rightbench

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":35um2qyn said:
-The Glove-":35um2qyn said:
Sounds like a kid that just realized his role model isn't exactly who he thought he was

Why is divorce a bad thing or frowned upon? I don't get it.

Go to a wedding and listen to what the 2 people say to each other. It may be tradition but things like "til death do us part" and "for better or for worse" really are supposed to be more than just words.

Rob12

Reaction score
While it hasn't been rampant, some of the comments made in this thread are embarrassing and pathetic.

Russell is our quarterback. He's 25-years-old, which probably means he's younger than you. For those of you saying things like, "he's getting ready to get paid and wants to get laid," or cracking other jokes, you sound ridiculous. We all know he is a very driven young man with a large amount of faith. You're saying things that would likely grieve him, and in the process you're questioning whether he is really who he portrays himself to be - whether you realize it or not. Tell me I'm on a moral high horse, but I guess I just read his statement where he asked for prayers and privacy. He didn't ask for speculation and high school gossip crap.

At the end of the day, who knows what happened. A young couple that loves each other are hurting. It is good that children are not involved, but it still has to hurt. One of them, if not both, will get their names drug through the media. Nothing is cool, amusing, or worth making jokes about.

Embarrassed to be a 12 with some of you. Good rule of thumb - be who you are on the forums as you are in real life. Highly doubt some of you would say anything out of pocket to Russ right now if he were standing in front of you.

Time to grow up, kids.

warden

Reaction score
King Dog":3j6e3mig said:

Marriage isn't easy. Not everyone can make it work.

Life isn't easy

Live can be hard, don't blame the marriage

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Since things started getting personal a while ago, it's time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.