Why no Harbaugh interview?!?!?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
You guys need to let go of your Harbaugh hate, it's not healthy. All the things that he did that pissed you off would have been ignored by just about everyone on this board if he did it here instead of there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
How do we know Harbaugh is an asshole? What proof do we have? Why are other teams willing to hire him if he's such an asshole?

I did some googling to see what kind of evidence we have.

Here's what Chris Simms said:
Oh, he was such a jerk. One of my first interviews I ever had with Bleacher Report, he stopped the interview after my third question because I asked him about Colin Kaepernick’s contract situation. And he took off his mic and said, ‘I’m done with this and tell your dad I said hi,’ and that was it. So, from that point on, I root for Ohio State always and against Jim Harbaugh. Screw him.

Oh whaaa, what a jerk. Simms needs to grow up. Jim didn't like the question so he respectfully ended the interview. There's no context either, and I'm sure Simms is giving the sugar-coated version to make himself look like a victim.

Either way that's no different than how the media cried about Marshawn when he would just respond with "yeah" or "I'm just here so I won't get fined". Most journalists are slimy, deceitful, entitled scoundrels. So good for Jim.

I went to a reddit thread where somebody stated they think Harbaugh is a jerk. All the responses are like "okay, where is the evidence?"... And nothing.

In fact, somebody posted this:

So Harbaugh gave quite a bit of money away to the athletic staff at Michigan because they lost some money due to COVID. Wow, what a jerk.

Haven't read anything but good things about him from current and former Michigan players.

Oh yeah, and what about the poster on this board who met him at a bar and he was happy to get up and have his picture taken with him? Seemed like he had a friendly interaction with him, too, despite wearing Seahawks apparel.
Great post. I have really no idea why people hate the guy so much it's crazy. Everyone here talks about what a jerk he is but his players all love him

I'm pretty sure the people here just hate him because he coached an enemy team in the past. Dumb.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
You guys need to let go of your Harbaugh hate, it's not healthy. All the things that he did that pissed you off would have been ignored by just about everyone on this board if he did it here instead of there.
Yeah I was shocked at the response to this post. The hate for him is overwhelming and I'm still not sure why

SeaWolv

Reaction score
How do we know Harbaugh is an asshole? What proof do we have? Why are other teams willing to hire him if he's such an asshole?

I did some googling to see what kind of evidence we have.

Here's what Chris Simms said:
Oh, he was such a jerk. One of my first interviews I ever had with Bleacher Report, he stopped the interview after my third question because I asked him about Colin Kaepernick’s contract situation. And he took off his mic and said, ‘I’m done with this and tell your dad I said hi,’ and that was it. So, from that point on, I root for Ohio State always and against Jim Harbaugh. Screw him.

Oh whaaa, what a jerk. Simms needs to grow up. Jim didn't like the question so he respectfully ended the interview. There's no context either, and I'm sure Simms is giving the sugar-coated version to make himself look like a victim.

Either way that's no different than how the media cried about Marshawn when he would just respond with "yeah" or "I'm just here so I won't get fined". Most journalists are slimy, deceitful, entitled scoundrels. So good for Jim.

I went to a reddit thread where somebody stated they think Harbaugh is a jerk. All the responses are like "okay, where is the evidence?"... And nothing.

In fact, somebody posted this:

So Harbaugh gave quite a bit of money away to the athletic staff at Michigan because they lost some money due to COVID. Wow, what a jerk.

Haven't read anything but good things about him from current and former Michigan players.

Oh yeah, and what about the poster on this board who met him at a bar and he was happy to get up and have his picture taken with him? Seemed like he had a friendly interaction with him, too, despite wearing Seahawks apparel.
Just about everyone in Ann Arbor loves the guy. A lot of this years NC team came back because of Jim, they love him too. Can he be abrasive to the media? Yeah, he hates getting asked the same questions over and over, who wouldn't. But he did give up salary to pay more to his assistants and he's been leading the charge on revenue sharing with college players.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
There is still lingering animosity from his 49er days.

That said, I think most fans would embrace JH if he was named head coach. He's like Sherman- you hate him on any other team (esp. a rival), but love him on yours. The feelings some have from the rivalry may not be strong enough to keep him off the candidate list for me, but I think it may keep him off the top of the list.

None of that matters though. Management is going to hire the coach they want, and ultimately the situation they desire (and JH desires?) seems to point away from him landing in Seattle.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
There is still lingering animosity from his 49er days.

That said, I think most fans would embrace JH if he was named head coach. He's like Sherman- you hate him on any other team (esp. a rival), but love him on yours. The feelings some have from the rivalry may not be strong enough to keep him off the candidate list for me, but I think it may keep him off the top of the list.

None of that matters though. Management is going to hire the coach they want, and ultimately the situation they desire (and JH desires?) seems to point away from him landing in Seattle.
I agree he's not likely a fit here because of the level of control he seeks. I think that's also why he hasn't been offered the job yet with the Chargers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's one thing to disagree with each other's take, but how about we cease lecturing other posters on what's healthy for them and what's not?

RiverDog

Reaction score
How about a couple of former Seahawk players who played for Harbaugh at Stanford, like Doug Baldwin and Richard Sherman. Here's what Baldwin had to say:

I wish him the best of luck," Baldwin said. "He's anxious to get that program turned around and do some great things at Michigan. I wish him the best."

Then Baldwin had one more little comment: "And go Buckeyes."

And here's Richard Sherman:

Asked what it would take to mend the relationship with his former coach (Harbaugh), Sherman said: "There’s no interest in mending it."

"Honestly, I wanted to put him out of the league, and once I got that done, I got no animosity towards the 49ers or any organization," Sherman said Monday.

That's hardly a scientific sampling, but it does refute your claim that there's no proof that he's an asshole if the only two players we had on our team that played for him both hated the guy.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Fair enough, but is that the norm? How much of it was fueled by Harbaugh being their division rival?

Sherman and Baldwin are known for being a bit headstrong, themselves. Which I loved.

Either way, I'm not really seeing a pattern. It's also possible Harbaugh has matured over the years, unless we can find any Michigan players willing to make comments similar to Sherman and Baldwin.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fair enough, but is that the norm? How much of it was fueled by Harbaugh being their division rival?

Sherman and Baldwin are known for being a bit headstrong, themselves. Which I loved.

Either way, I'm not really seeing a pattern. It's also possible Harbaugh has matured over the years, unless we can find any Michigan players willing to make comments similar to Sherman and Baldwin.

Not sure how far you guys want to drill down on Harbaugh, but this is a good read if you want to see who and how Harbaugh changed since 2021 to become the kind of coach that finally beat OSU, and finally won a National Championship.

Poggi is a longtime football guru/mentor who had strong ties to Michigan. Harbaugh hired him as a kind of consultant, but really Poggi's job was to change Harbaugh's philosophy with how he coached kids. WAY more love and affection, and way less weirdo demanding hard ass.

So while I still think Harbaugh's villain history with the Hawks combined with him wanting total control of an organization makes him a bad fit for Seattle, I do think he has changed the way he coaches to better suit for the modern football player.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
How about a couple of former Seahawk players who played for Harbaugh at Stanford, like Doug Baldwin and Richard Sherman. Here's what Baldwin had to say:

I wish him the best of luck," Baldwin said. "He's anxious to get that program turned around and do some great things at Michigan. I wish him the best."

Then Baldwin had one more little comment: "And go Buckeyes."

And here's Richard Sherman:

Asked what it would take to mend the relationship with his former coach (Harbaugh), Sherman said: "There’s no interest in mending it."

"Honestly, I wanted to put him out of the league, and once I got that done, I got no animosity towards the 49ers or any organization," Sherman said Monday.

That's hardly a scientific sampling, but it does refute your claim that there's no proof that he's an asshole if the only two players we had on our team that played for him both hated the guy.
I wouldn't call that proof, maybe evidence but not proof. There are also players that say the exact opposite, just ask any player on the Michigan NC roster. Just because a couple of players were butt hurt over some perceived slight at not being drafted or whatever does not proof make. Sherman is probably not liked by a lot of players in the league. I would venture to guess Brady is one of them after Sherman went after him at the end of the game on 10/14/12.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
It's one thing to disagree with each other's take, but how about we cease lecturing other posters on what's healthy for them and what's not?
Not a lecture, a suggestion.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Objectively speaking, Harbaugh is what Seattle is looking for. Experience at both the collegiate and pro levels. In that regard, he checks all the boxes.

However his expectations probably don't align with that of JS. I'm not sure Harbaugh is someone that can work with a GM without having final say, like PC. For that reason I wouldn't count on Harbaugh coming to Seattle.

But if he did, there is little doubt in my mind that Seattle would be better off, from a win total standpoint. How long that will last is anyone's guess, given Harbaugh's track record, or lack thereof, of getting along with others.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
JS job is to win, not make friends. Hire the best possible HC.
I don't disgree, but, it could be argued that having a front office in turmoil can be really detrimental to the overall longterm success of a billion dollar sports franchise. Or any business, honestly. I have no idea if that would be the case with JS and Harbaugh.