Why no Harbaugh interview?!?!?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
He'll burn the bridges, piss everyone off. Yeah, that sounds great.
I'm not denying he's a good coach. But is he a GREAT coach? Meh.
Lol. He actually is a great coach. The problem with Seattle is Carroll still in the FO. They DO NOT get along at all which is actually too bad because Harbaugh gets results fast. His tenure in Michigan took longer than his other spots.

Personally, I would love it if he stayed in Michigan and continued the dynasty.

I will admit that when Michigan hired Harbaugh I threw up in my mouth a bit but they needed a good coach and accepted the hire. I get the animosity here but I honestly think I was too judgmental and over time my opinion of him changed greatly.

All the haters here need to take a chill pill for real. Players actually love playing for him believe it or not.

Having said all of that, I’m praying that he stays and that Seattle finds a great young HC/OC and DC that can make things happen in a few years but honestly I think we will be in the shitter for a long time and it’s sad.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the points have been stated here in this thread. In the end it comes down to his personality and desire of control would simply not be a good fit in our particular "culture".

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hearing nothing about Seahawks interest in Jim H! Why is this? He's the premier guy on the market. We haven't even tried to interview him it looks like. Why aren't we talking to this guy?!?!
I mentioned this in a couple of other threads, but it bears mentioning it again.

Jim Harbaugh is well known as being the type of coach that has to run things his own way. He fought constantly with his GM in San Francisco, and it was one of the major reasons for his departure.

Enter John Schneider. JS just got out of a HC-GM relationship where the HC held all the power. Now that he finally has been given the authority that most GM's around the league have, do you really think that he wants to bring in as a head coach someone that is going to demand that he give up this newly acquired power?

As others have pointed out, Harbaugh is an asshole. Two of our more prominent Hawks players who played for him at Stanford, Doug Baldwin and Richard Sherman, hated him. And you still have Pete Carroll in the building, who also did not see eye-to-eye with him.

Plus, I argue that his NFL record isn't all that great. He stepped into a situation where the cupboard was stacked with high first round draft picks, rode them for a couple of years, then left the team in shambles.

Any team that hires Harbaugh does so at their own risk.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's already been stated better than I will but John is getting his first chance to run things and doesn't want a coach who will want the same thing. He is a great coach for sure but just not a match here.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I think the points have been stated here in this thread. In the end it comes down to his personality and desire of control would simply not be a good fit in our particular "culture".
I much prefer this kind or reasoning than "don't hire him he's a dick" reasoning. Besides, I'd rather he stay in Ann Arbor anyway. He's probably not going to get the love and respect he says he seeks from an NFL front office or owner. I think Jim is looking for the perfect NFL situation (some control, autonomy, money, etc.) or he's going to stay in college until he does.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Going out on a limb, but John probably doesn't want to hire any jerks.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This whole culture talk reminds me of how the Mariners run their organization...

You don't have to agree, but to me 0ro sports aren't about giving out orange slices after the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This whole culture talk reminds me of how the Mariners run their organization...

You don't have to agree, but to me 0ro sports aren't about giving out orange slices after the game.

If John's talking about a culture shift, I think he's probably talking about moving the culture needle back to a more button up disciplined culture, rather than more of the do whatever the hell you want and I'll defend you publicly Pete Carroll loose culture.

Go to a Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan practice, it's ALL business. No music, all studying, get to work.........and honestly for as much as Pete's culture worked initially? Kids today probably do need more of the structure and self responsibility......so you know, you don't get a bunch of 1st year knuckleheads filming themselves smoking cigars after you don't make the playoffs.

Last edited:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Harbaugh is not the premiere guy on the market unless you believe that previous failure guarantees future success.

12forlife

Reaction score
Why would Harbaugh come here over the Chargers where he has an elite, young QB? No interest from Harbaugh = No interview.
Because San Diego has a QB? They also have James & Bosa on Defense? They also are $30mil OVER the CAP. So that is a huge reason not to take the job. Besides the upper brass is not good.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Harbaugh is not the premiere guy on the market unless you believe that previous failure guarantees future success.

Being a consistent playoff team, 2x NFC championship appearances, and a Super Bowl appearance with Colin F*cking Kaepernick, and then going to collrge and winning a national championship with a team that hasn't won one in almost 30 years, are not previous failures.

He's a f*cking winner. The most proven winner in the entire pool of head coaches.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Does that include Bill Belichick?

Eh, I guess not, because he's a proven winner too.

Honestly, a lot of Pats fans are not happy about losing him. They feel they just need a QB, and sometimes it takes awhile to find one.