Why no Harbaugh interview?!?!?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Yeah, but those are colleges, not the pros. Harbaugh never had to work with a GM in college. Different kinds of athletes, too. Apples and oranges.
And?? He's only had one NFL coaching gig. He got run out because he clashed with Baalke. Once is not a pattern. In college he had to work with AD's, very similar to a GM. And many of the athletes are the same, future NFL players. Not apples and oranges. Granny Smith and Jonah Gold different maybe.

RiverDog

Reaction score
And?? He's only had one NFL coaching gig. He got run out because he clashed with Baalke. Once is not a pattern. In college he had to work with AD's, very similar to a GM. And many of the athletes are the same, future NFL players. Not apples and oranges. Granny Smith and Jonah Gold different maybe.
I didn't say it was a pattern. You were comparing his college work/behavior with what he did in the NFL. They are two completely different environments.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I didn't say it was a pattern. You were comparing his college work/behavior with what he did in the NFL. They are two completely different environments.
Maulbert said:
And burns out his welcome fast by rubbing everyone the wrong way.
I wasn't comparing anything, just refuting what he said. Besides, work behavior is work behavior, it's not dependent on the environment.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wasn't comparing anything, just refuting what he said.
Yes, you were. You said "That only happened in SF. SDSU, Stanford and UM would have loved to have kept him." That statement is a comparison. You were considering the three colleges as equals to the NFL team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He never was in the running. There wasn't the slightest hint that JS was even remotely interested in him.
Good on John Schneider + I think he knew that JH was destined for the Battery Chargers job.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Yes, you were. You said "That only happened in SF. SDSU, Stanford and UM would have loved to have kept him." That statement is a comparison. You were considering the three colleges as equals to the NFL team.
Maulbert said he burns out his welcome. He didn't specify college or pro. I pointed out that wasn't true when looking at his entire coaching career. You said college and pro are different as if that meant how he was viewed in college had no bearing in my response. I then stated that college and the pros have their similarities and how he's viewed in both should be considered before passing judgement. Even if I agreed with your premise that they are separate and how he's viewed in one should be judged differently than the other, which I don't, one stint in San Francisco is not enough evidence to indict someone over how unwelcome they are.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Good on John Schneider + I think he knew that JH was destined for the Battery Chargers job.
It's no coincidence that Harbaugh was hired by the Chargers, one of two teams out of the 8 that have been in the HC market this season that do not have a GM in place or hired one before they hired a HC. No GM worth their weight is going to want to work with that A-hole.

12forlife

Reaction score
You do realize that Bill Belichick was/is on the market, don't you?
Uhm you do realize this is time for teams hopefully looking for their HC of the future? A 71 yr old coach is not the best option on the market?? Please inform me what Bill has done since TB that urges you to want Bill over several other more intriguing HC candidates?

12forlife

Reaction score
It's no coincidence that Harbaugh was hired by the Chargers, one of two teams out of the 8 that have been in the HC market this season that do not have a GM in place or hired one before they hired a HC. No GM worth their weight is going to want to work with that A-hole.
Only if they want to win? Jim's in charge now, watch them flourish! I hope we don't regret this move, and not atleast kickin the tires?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Only if they want to win? Jim's in charge now, watch them flourish! I hope we don't regret this move, and not atleast kickin the tires?
OK, we got you down as one who has predicted that Harbaugh will be raising a Lombardi soon.

Love him or hate him, Harbaugh is a known quantity, at least to JS as he was in our division for 4 years. There was no need for him to kick the tires.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Uhm you do realize this is time for teams hopefully looking for their HC of the future? A 71 yr old coach is not the best option on the market?? Please inform me what Bill has done since TB that urges you to want Bill over several other more intriguing HC candidates?
I never said that I wanted Belichick. I was responding to @Welshers2 who claimed that Harbaugh was the best coach on the market without adding any qualifiers, like the coach most likely to take a team to a future SB. Belichick is clearly "the best coach on the market."

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I never said that I wanted Belichick. I was responding to @Welshers2 who claimed that Harbaugh was the best coach on the market without adding any qualifiers, like the coach most likely to take a team to a future SB. Belichick is clearly "the best coach on the market."
Who apparently no one wants. Perhaps I should have rephrased as the most desired. I think it's fairly obvious any team would take Harbaugh over the relic who is BB

12forlife

Reaction score
OK, we got you down as one who has predicted that Harbaugh will be raising a Lombardi soon.

Love him or hate him, Harbaugh is a known quantity, at least to JS as he was in our division for 4 years. There was no need for him to kick the tires.
Hhmmm I think you atleast bring him in, and hear what he has to say as far as direction and coaching philosophy?

Latest posts