Why no Harbaugh interview?!?!?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure the culture is part of winning. Treat players right and you'll get better buy in, better free agents, the occasional hometown discount.
It did not seem to help us gain better fa's or get any discounts.. If you look at this past season
I didn't see many buying in.. No slight intended but I just don't feel the same but I could have
missed something somehow.

xray

Reaction score
Back to...JS wants to control everything . If he doesn't delegate some chores to other folks , he will soon be overwhelmed . imho

knownone

Reaction score
John said he was going to cast a wide net. So why wouldn't he at least interview Harbaugh?

I like Harbaugh. I don't think he's an asshole. His style rubs people the wrong way because he's abrasive and weird. He's pretty much Pete Carroll with less refined people skills—ultra-competitive, team-first, with zero ego (at least within the team). If anyone could take back the NFC West, it's him.

James in PA

Reaction score
At the very least, you would think that both sides would at least want to hear each other out. Also, I can't imagine that Harbaugh wouldn't love an opportunity to stick it to the Niners twice a year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I get the vibe that Harbaugh is looking for the same kind of situation that Carroll had in Seattle. He wants complete control over whatever program he's going to be running in the NFL. Schneider is getting the opportunity to step out of Pete's shadow and make a name for himself independent of Carroll, a man of higher ranking in the organization than Schneider.

I don't think that Schneider is going to be rushing to put his career in the hands of Harbaugh. The only way this relationship would work is if Schneider gave up all of his power and autonomy. I don't think that the Seahawks are even going to look Harbaugh's way once.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harbaugh throws gas on the bridges he encounters, he has a abrasive confrontational approach, he did as a player and as a coach, his teammates hated him as a person loved Captain comeback as a player. He is just that volatile.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Because we don't need him here. Can't wait until he gets hired by the Chargers. Then I can stop hearing this nonsense about wanting Hairball in Seattle.
NO

This. And, as I've mentioned before, the other, unrelated, and somewhat tangential reason might be, um - because the guy is a Jizz Bag.

Just a guess. Keep this moron 1000 yards from my team at all times please.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
How do we know Harbaugh is an asshole? What proof do we have? Why are other teams willing to hire him if he's such an asshole?

I did some googling to see what kind of evidence we have.

Here's what Chris Simms said:
Oh, he was such a jerk. One of my first interviews I ever had with Bleacher Report, he stopped the interview after my third question because I asked him about Colin Kaepernick’s contract situation. And he took off his mic and said, ‘I’m done with this and tell your dad I said hi,’ and that was it. So, from that point on, I root for Ohio State always and against Jim Harbaugh. Screw him.

Oh whaaa, what a jerk. Simms needs to grow up. Jim didn't like the question so he respectfully ended the interview. There's no context either, and I'm sure Simms is giving the sugar-coated version to make himself look like a victim.

Either way that's no different than how the media cried about Marshawn when he would just respond with "yeah" or "I'm just here so I won't get fined". Most journalists are slimy, deceitful, entitled scoundrels. So good for Jim.

I went to a reddit thread where somebody stated they think Harbaugh is a jerk. All the responses are like "okay, where is the evidence?"... And nothing.

In fact, somebody posted this:

So Harbaugh gave quite a bit of money away to the athletic staff at Michigan because they lost some money due to COVID. Wow, what a jerk.

Haven't read anything but good things about him from current and former Michigan players.

Oh yeah, and what about the poster on this board who met him at a bar and he was happy to get up and have his picture taken with him? Seemed like he had a friendly interaction with him, too, despite wearing Seahawks apparel.

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Harbaugh is not the premiere guy on the market unless you believe that previous failure guarantees future success.
It's certainly debatable if he's the premiere guy. Obviously the media thinks he is or they wouldn't be salivating over this drama every year. As for your "failure" comment I'm not sure what you're referring to since Harbaugh has been successful every where he's coached.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think it says a lot that 2 former players of Harbaugh, who are Seahawk legends, aren't even pushing for him - Sherman and Baldwin. Sherman is supporting David Shaw not Harbaugh with the Chargers.

Should we list out every former player of Quinn who isn't endorsing him either?

xray

Reaction score
Just in...HC alert ! Harbaugh ain't gonna coach here...not now...not ever ! :)

Latest posts