Why no Harbaugh interview?!?!?

GemCity

Reaction score
Great question. Personally, I’m good with not interviewing him….

Perhaps the thought is that San Diego has him on lock? Atlanta in the mix too?

I read that he rejected, or is going to reject, $69M from Michigan. Looks like he’s definitely coming to the NFL.

I also think Harbaugh is going to want a lot of control wherever he goes. Im not sure if that sits right with JS.

Pure speculation….great question though.

Maybe after the coaching carousel is done for NFL HC hiring, there will be some insight.

James in PA

Reaction score
I keep hoping for this new too. But if it doesn't happen, I'm sure it's about control. John made it clear he's the big dog now and will have final say over players and even assistant coaches. That seems like it would be a deal breaker for someone like Harbaugh.

GemCity

Reaction score
I keep hoping for this new too. But if it doesn't happen, I'm sure it's about control. John made it clear he's the big dog now and will have final say over players and even assistant coaches. That seems like it would be a deal breaker for someone like Harbaugh.
I agree. It may not be of popular opinion and folks will link this back to being a dig at the way things were ran with PC here but, I do think JS wants all of the responsibility that comes with his position and would be hesitant to relinquish it now that he’s running the show.

That’s not a knock on JS. I truly believe we’re in good hands and am anxious to see what he does for this team.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Likely because he'd turn down the interview. Also don't think John wants him here unless he wants to be our of a job. Harbaugh is going to want full control.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
1. John probably wants a guy he can actually work with. Harbaugh is a good coach and all, but he's not exactly easy to work with as a general manager. John would be signing away his organizational control, and likely his job.

2. Jody Allen's directive, per John, was to protect the culture. The positive culture that Pete brought to the team. Jim is a hard-nosed "I've read The Art of War 763 times" type.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He'll burn the bridges, piss everyone off. Yeah, that sounds great.
I'm not denying he's a good coach. But is he a GREAT coach? Meh.

kidhawk

Reaction score
A few things at play here. One is that we could have asked and he declined. That could happen and we could never know. It doesn’t have to be public knowledge.

Most likely though has been mentioned already and that is that the team was handed off to Schneider and a guy like Harbaugh would want to have that control. If we wanted to go for a Harbaugh type we would have likely let JS go as well. I think John will work in tandem with the coach to find the right players for the coach we bring in but it will be John making the final call.

xray

Reaction score
He's probably not even interested in the Hawks . He also seems to indicate that he wants a high calibre experienced QB . Furthermore , JS probably wants a HC that he can control ; which will eliminate most of the good HC prospects imo . BTW...if I ever see JS on the sidelines or up in the booth , I'm through with the Hawks . :)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Because the Seahawks care about my mental well-being? I'd probably have to become a Jets fan or something if he were to be hired. (Ok, not really...)

That said, I find it weird how many people don't want a 'retread' head coach but seem to make an exception for Harbaugh. I mean, dude has one mid-tier season after going to the NFCCG three straight times and the 49ers had already booted him because he was a jerk?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the most important reason no Harbaugh interview is you know for a fact that wherever Harbaugh goes he will want complete control, much like Pete had here.

And that's the polar opposite direction Jody and John are trying to move the team. They want more of a traditional hierarchy and chain of command, with John in charge now.

I also think he's a bad fit for Seattle, with his SF history and how hot he burns. Much like in SF, he will wear out everyone in 4-5 years.

hoxrox

Reaction score
But he wants cake.

HARBAUGHcakeFREAKOUT.gif

BASF

Reaction score
He's probably not even interested in the Hawks . He also seems to indicate that he wants a high calibre experienced QB . Furthermore , JS probably wants a HC that he can control ; which will eliminate most of the good HC prospects imo . BTW...if I ever see JS on the sidelines or up in the booth , I'm through with the Hawks . :)
Don't do a google image search then or it was nice knowing you. He has been on the sidelines a lot during his tenure.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
1. John probably wants a guy he can actually work with. Harbaugh is a good coach and all, but he's not exactly easy to work with as a general manager. John would be signing away his organizational control, and likely his job.

2. Jody Allen's directive, per John, was to protect the culture. The positive culture that Pete brought to the team. Jim is a hard-nosed "I've read The Art of War 763 times" type.

Protect the culture? The priority should be to win. What the hell...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Protect the culture? The priority should be to win. What the hell...

Pretty sure the culture is part of winning. Treat players right and you'll get better buy in, better free agents, the occasional hometown discount.