Who Will Be The Coordinators?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
As long as Macdonald like John Harbaugh doesn't micro manage his coordinators everything should be fine I trust we will get a good staff for Macdonald.
This could very well be an issue considering how much time he puts into preparation and his comment about not handing things over until the DC has proven he can trust them.

Parallax

Reaction score
Parallax, not at directing any negative comment towards you. Your posts are always well thought and fairly stated. There is however a group here who are consistent complainers, to me you are not one and the comment was not directed at you at all. This week will mark a month since Pete was relieved of his coaching responsibilities. I expect the want it now voices to start getting loud soon, they were the focus of my comment at a time where getting the replacement coaching staff right is far more important than the speed at which it happens.

Frankly thought PC had sort of checked out over the last season and had lost his edge some time before then. His coaching and the product on the field had become inconsistent. PC’s loyalty to non-producing staff and his vetoes and some of the best personnel acquisitions disturbingly cumulative in a bad way. It was time for a change, it’s happened. So far I’m happy with the coaching acquisitions. I expect more change.
Could not agree more. There are clearly those who think Pete walks on water and take umbrage at any critical post. And then there are those who agree he should go but still take umbrage. So things get confusing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No worries!

I still love Pete, who up to now is the best HC the team has had, for that I'm forever grateful. However, loved or not it was time for a change. Sill believe he had it but his coaching had become uneven and the results were very inconsistent even if the team had a winning record in 2023. It was time for new ideas to come to the team.

Change has happened and we need to remember the good and move on. His time here was a special time for the team. Us lifers remember far worse periods where it strained fan dom being fans of our team.

Parallax

Reaction score
No worries!

I still love Pete, who up to now is the best HC the team has had, for that I'm forever grateful. However, loved or not it was time for a change. Sill believe he had it but his coaching had become uneven and the results were very inconsistent even if the team had a winning record in 2023.

Change has happened and we need to remember the good and move on. His time here was a special time for the team. Us lifers remember far worse periods where it strained fan dom being fans of our team.
I'd have been much closer to your view if the Williams trade hadn't gone down. That just reeked of recklessness and, worse, selfishness. Since then, I've had no use for Pete.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are two views on this transaction.

In the end if the team can't keep Williams then I agree with your view of it being an expensive and indulgent trade even if he played well when here. OTOH the team missed drafting the big 3tech it needed and needed significantly. We only to go back to the preseason folliowng the draft and the first few games to see the team needed help at DT.The public and media howling was loud and the Giants wanted to dump Williams' deal and the Hawks paid a high price for good player a position of need. had he come earlier i suspect the team might have on another 1 or 2 games.

If the team can keep him then it wasn't really a bad trade, if not it was. JMO.

Parallax

Reaction score
There are two views on this transaction.

In the end if the team can't keep Williams then I agree with your view of it being an expensive and indulgent trade even if he played well when here. OTOH the team missed drafting the big 3tech it needed and needed significantly. We only to go back to the preseason folliowng the draft and the first few games to see the team needed help at DT.The public and media howling was loud and the Giants wanted to dump Williams' deal and the Hawks paid a high price for good player a position of need. had he come earlier i suspect the team might have on another 1 or 2 games.

If the team can keep him then it wasn't really a bad trade, if not it was. JMO.
If we missed drafting the guy we needed, it wasn't a reason to overpay for a veteran. That's just compounding a loss with a second loss. Great teams are built through the draft but not all at once. Requires patience. Problem is we had a 72 year old coach who needed to "win now" because he didn't have time. We were hostages along for the ride. So glad he's gone.

I keep saying that signing Williams makes zero difference to the value of the trade unless he likes it here so much he gives us a home-town discount, which I really doubt will happen. We could have waited and signed him straight up like any other free agent, though that would be dumb too because we're not a single piece away. Carroll kept hallucinating that we were. That's how we made that other horrible trade for Adams. You don't build a championship team by overpaying.

Look at Baltimore. They don't do that. The great guys on their team were either drafted or signed as free agents at a discount and then coached up. That's how you build a winner. The Williams trade is the inverse. I hope we've seen the last of such stupidity. If we've not, I'll be done with Schneider.

BASF

Reaction score
If we missed drafting the guy we needed, it wasn't a reason to overpay for a veteran. That's just compounding a loss with a second loss. Great teams are built through the draft but not all at once. Requires patience. Problem is we had a 72 year old coach who needed to "win now" because he didn't have time. We were hostages along for the ride. So glad he's gone.

I keep saying that signing Williams makes zero difference to the value of the trade unless he likes it here so much he gives us a home-town discount, which I really doubt will happen. We could have waited and signed him straight up like any other free agent, though that would be dumb too because we're not a single piece away. Carroll kept hallucinating that we were. That's how we made that other horrible trade for Adams. You don't build a championship team by overpaying.

Look at Baltimore. They don't do that. The great guys on their team were either drafted or signed as free agents at a discount and then coached up. That's how you build a winner. The Williams trade is the inverse. I hope we've seen the last of such stupidity. If we've not, I'll be done with Schneider.
I don't disagree with you, but c'mon, Baltimore? They had as many playoff wins as us in the past seven years until this season. They have won as many Super Bowls as we have this century.

Parallax

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you, but c'mon, Baltimore? They had as many playoff wins as us in the past seven years until this season. They have won as many Super Bowls as we have this century.
I'm not talking about the 21st century or even the last decade. I'm talking about now. How the current Ravens are constructed. Smartly, with the draft. There's some luck too. Always is. Jackson was demanding big money a couple of years ago and it wasn't clear he was worth it. Not quite identical to the Murray situation in Phoenix but similar. Both teams paid up. Jackson has proven himself a true franchise QB up there with the best of 'em. Murray has fallen short.

I'll be honest. Had I been the GM of those teams I would have traded Murphy and I might have done the same with Lamar. He was demanding too much, like a spoiled child. Watson signed that ridiculous contract and then he wanted one too. The whole league wanted Baltimore to stand firm. Otherwise, fully guaranteed QB contracts might have become the norm.

Ultimately Jackson backed off enough. Were I GM, he'd have already been gone for some great draft picks. Maybe two firsts likely to go high. But they were smarter (and/or luckier), signing him and getting the kind of return necessary to make the move look smart.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well no news other then speculation of names, have not seen interview postings, is John and Mac looking at someone on the Chiefs or 49ers or both?