Who is available for OC?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Installed by Mike Macdonald. What on Earth do you think he was there in 2021 and only 2021 to do? Play hopscotch?
That's not exactly accurate. Macdonald installed his defense that's true but Minter put his own spin on it and improved it. I get that we're all excited about the Macdonald hire but it's not fair to take anything away from what Minter did in Ann Arbor the last two seasons.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college...r-defensive-scheme-records-stats-notable-wins
https://www.si.com/college/michigan...h-wolverines-defensive-coordinator-ohio-state
https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...he-wizard-behind-michigans-top-5-defense.html

Admittedly, he didn’t know what Macdonald was trying to run on a week-to-week basis, but he had a good idea. “When he came in in the spring, I could tell it was different,” safety Rod Moore

BASF

Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on Will Stein as a potenial NFL OC? Seems to me he did some very good things at Oregon and got Nix to a level where he will actually get drafted. Something I sincerely doubted would happen a couple of years ago.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on Will Stein as a potenial NFL OC? Seems to me he did some very good things at Oregon and got Nix to a level where he will actually get drafted. Something I sincerely doubted would happen a couple of years ago.
Stein was only his OC in 2023, not 22. It was Dillingham who then became the HC at ASU. Stein looks like he is good, but also Nix called a lot of the plays. So we will see going forward.

BASF

Reaction score
Stein was only his OC in 2023, not 22. It was Dillingham who then became the HC at ASU. Stein looks like he is good, but also Nix called a lot of the plays. So we will see going forward.
I am aware of it, however Nix had 70 more completions on 61 more attempts with 16 more touchdowns and less interceptions. I'd say Stein had a very positive impact. I doubt Nix would have been drafted last offseason even after Dillingham improved his game. It is also telling that at UTSA with Stein as co-OC and QB coach their QB was vastly better than when Stein was just their WR coach and he dropped significantly when Stein left for Oregon. I don't watch Oregon more than once or twice a year, so I am not certain but the games I did see last season showed that Stein has a bright future.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2003–2004Kingsley–Pierson HS (IA) (OC)
2005South Dakota State (RB)
2006South Dakota State (WR)
2007–2009Sioux Falls (OL/RGC)
2010–2013Sioux Falls (OC/QB)
2014–2016Eastern Michigan (OL)
2017–2018Fresno State (OL/RGC)
2019Fresno State (AHC/OC/OL)
2020–2021Fresno State (AHC/OC/QB)
2022–2023Washington (AHC/OC/QB)
2024–presentAlabama (AHC/OC/QB)

Since 2007 he's just followed DeBoer everywhere? Interesting, but I don't know what to make of it.

I do like that JS appears to be swinging for the fences with a young OC. I hope it works out well if he comes.to the Seahawks.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I predicted this and the 2nd part is they will take Penix in the draft. SUPERB OWL BITCHES!!
We shall see. On another note, that guy's podcast is pretty good. I watch on YouTube now and then and I've never been disappointed.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
We shall see. On another note, that guy's podcast is pretty good. I watch on YouTube now and then and I've never been disappointed.
Yeah, he's pretty reliable. I listen to his podcast often while I'm working, he's not the type of fan that spits out random hyperbole, which makes him more authentic & trustworthy in my book, even though he's not a professional reporter or anything, he's a fan who happens to have more connections than most of us.

getnasty

Reaction score
Bucs hired Liam Coen would would have been a solid get.