Who is available for OC?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pete gets a lot out of his QBs. That's kinda been his bonus B side hits over the years. While definitely a defensive guru for his time, he was also excellent with QBs.
Yeah, but he set a pretty low bar for them with is run first, low risk offenses.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russ and Geno both have pretty great numbers under Pete.
Efficiency numbers like completion percentage and passer ratings, yes, and that's due to Pete's conservative nature. Not so much in gross stats like total yards. In 2022, Geno had the #1 completion percentage in the league but was just 12th in total yards.

Pete's long suit is defense. He's not a quarterback whisperer.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Efficiency numbers like completion percentage and passer ratings, yes, and that's due to Pete's conservative nature. Not so much in gross stats like total yards. In 2022, Geno had the #1 completion percentage in the league but was just 12th in total yards.

Pete's long suit is defense. He's not a quarterback whisperer.
More than just those. Give me a break. Ain't got time for this, see ya.

Last edited:

getnasty

Reaction score
Not gonna happen but Bevell wouldn't be the worst guy in the world.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah, but he set a pretty low bar for them with is run first, low risk offenses.
Run first is hardly what the offense has been for the majority of the past 7 or 8 years. They've been mostly above average in passing frequency is neutral situations through that time, other than when they were the best rushing team in the league in 2018/2019.

cheese22

Reaction score
I keep hearing Kafka's name as an OC target, but I don't see why he's getting so much love. Having a great def minded HC is great, but I think the only way to get ahead of the pack is to find the OC that has a chance to be great. I wanted MacDonald as soon as I heard about Pete leaving. I just hope he takes the opportunity to bring in someone who won't settle for being solid as a play caller. I want the same kind of optimism on the offensive side as there is now on the defensive side. Can Kafka be that guy or does Mac have something, or someone, up his sleeve to bring with him?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I keep hearing Kafka's name as an OC target, but I don't see why he's getting so much love. Having a great def minded HC is great, but I think the only way to get ahead of the pack is to find the OC that has a chance to be great. I wanted MacDonald as soon as I heard about Pete leaving. I just hope he takes the opportunity to bring in someone who won't settle for being solid as a play caller. I want the same kind of optimism on the offensive side as there is now on the defensive side. Can Kafka be that guy or does Mac have something, or someone, up his sleeve to bring with him?
What do you know about Kafka, other than his name?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm as curious/excited as the rest of you as we go through this offseason opening up new toys. HC, check. OC? DC? Position Coaches? All of that is going to be fun to follow.

Maybe I missed it, but with all the talk about MM and his defense, does anyone know what type of offense hes hoping to run? 3 yards and a cloud of dust? Ground Chuck? West coast? Sean McVay clone? I guess we will know more about that once an OC is hired.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I want the Ravens D not their O. Still want kliff kingsbury.

Latest posts