Which Seahawks Superb Owl Rematch Would You Want to See?

Which Seahawks Superb Owl Rematch Would You Want to See the Most?

• SB XL vs. Steelers

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • SB XLVIII vs. Broncos

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • SB XLIX vs. Patriots

Votes: 50 54.9%

• Total voters

Wartooth

Reaction score
You can't change the past...
I want them to get back to the Owl, some what healthy, and destroy who ever the AFC offers as the sacrifice.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Neither.

Patriots have a tendency to cheat, so I would not trust getting a fair game against them.

Steelers? You want Ben to get more spotlight and adulation even though the general consensus is the guy is a human piece of filth? No thank you. Plus, we barely beat them - not sure I want to take the chance on having them beat us again and then being stuck with Stealer fans talking junk about them 'owning us' in SBs. The last thing I want is us to be the Bills vs their Dallas.

Best option for me is the Chiefs. It would be the big bad Seahawks vs the Chiefs who somehow made it there against all odds. Then have us crush them soundly.

Cementing us as the Evil Empire, and giving us a place a history again.

Still, I just want us to beat the Vikings right now.

Mick063

Reaction score
Of all the potential opponents, Denver is the last team I would want to see. Curb stomping is fleeting fun. Revenge is far sweeter.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't care but if forced to chose give me the Patriots b/c we should have beaten them last year.

slateman77

Reaction score
Yeppers...got to be Mrs. Brady and company.....as much as I despise the stealers ...I would love to shove the Lombardi in the cheatriots face....sweet revenge...!!!

kearly

Reaction score
Steelers would be the best football game. The game in week 12 was an instant classic.

But if I had a choice I'd pick New England. Even if Tom's weapons make a full recovery and Brady regains his form, their offense would still not have a RB, and Seattle would be at a huge advantage in a shootout game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30tjstfr said:
Steelers. Every other vote is incorrect. Broncos would probably guarantee another ring. Pats would be nice, but really we only beat ourselves in that game. Trouncing the Steelers in the big game would put a lot of demons to rest.

What he said. :thirishdrinkers:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think the Hawks would love nothing more than a second chance at beating that cocky ass Brady and their conniving coach. The opportunity to avenge the soul crushing defeat of a year ago would indeed be sweet.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wartooth":fydpxunu said:
You can't change the past...
I want them to get back to the Owl, some what healthy, and destroy who ever the AFC offers as the sacrifice.

My thoughts exactly. Winning is all that matters, and it would be cool to see a different team get a crack at it.

If forced to choose between Stealers and Cheatriots, I feel the Pat's have more relevance from a revenge standpoint, because the Coach and most of the players from XLVIII are still with the team...Edelman in particular. The Stealers still have Big Ben, but that game already feels like ancient history.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I had a blast at the Pitt game this season and think it would be another amazing Super Bowl so I chose them. But I think NE is a close 2nd. I imagine the players want the Patriots again.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Alex Smith led chiefs. SF fans would be pulling their hair out with a KC vs SEA game in their bldgs.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Patriots.

After much consideration, I don't care that much about the Steelers. They benefitted from the con job, but unless they paid someone off, it's the zebras upon whom we really want revenge. It's not possible, so we'll settle for the 2016 Steelers? Who have the same QB, but nothing else from the 2006 Steelers?

There are ZERO Seahawks left from the Detroit Debacle. Good night. Case closed.

A thumping of the Cheaters, with healthy LOB and Cliff Avril, would be much more satisfying. IMO.

el capitan

Reaction score
Maybe it's me but beating the Stealers wouldn't feel like revenge and would not erase any bad feelings I have about Superbowl XL. Rapistburger aside its a completely different team. I wanted to see the dejected look on the faces of guys like Bill Cowher, Hines Ward and Joey Porter as we hoist the Lombardi over them, beating these current Stealers wouldn't bring the same satisfaction in that regard (of course I'll be delirious no matter who we beat if we win the Superb Owl).

Beating the Patriots however would be true redemption. It's essentially the same two rosters and the same two coaches. The only reason we didn't destroy them in XLIV is because of the injuries to Earl, Kam, Sherm, Lane and Avril. We essentially played most of the game without a secondary and could've still won if not for one ill advised play on offence. No better way to prove that their victory was just luck than to destroy them this year.

muxpux

Reaction score
el capitan":2jb5jl6h said:
Maybe it's me but beating the Stealers wouldn't feel like revenge and would not erase any bad feelings I have about Superbowl XL. Rapistburger aside its a completely different team. I wanted to see the dejected look on the faces of guys like Bill Cowher, Hines Ward and Joey Porter as we hoist the Lombardi over them, beating these current Stealers wouldn't bring the same satisfaction in that regard (of course I'll be delirious no matter who we beat if we win the Superb Owl).

Beating the Patriots however would be true redemption. It's essentially the same two rosters and the same two coaches. The only reason we didn't destroy them in XLIV is because of the injuries to Earl, Kam, Sherm, Lane and Avril. We essentially played most of the game without a secondary and could've still won if not for one ill advised play on offence. No better way to prove that their victory was just luck than to destroy them this year.

I've thought about this question a few times, and can never really come to a solid choice. But I think this sentiment is exactly right. I'd love to see a dissapointed rapistburger but I'd rather see him dissapointed in being one and done. Stomping the pats would be sweet oh so sweet.

Rob12

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":38wbbllq said:
Steelers. Every other vote is incorrect. Broncos would probably guarantee another ring. Pats would be nice, but really we only beat ourselves in that game. Trouncing the Steelers in the big game would put a lot of demons to rest.

Disagree.

I haven't forgotten the ***** Mode shirt that Blount held up during last year's victory parade for NE. Despite the fact that this clown got completely shut down and Marshawn ran for over a hundred yards - for this POS to do that was pathetic. He got a ring, but had nothing to do with it. And in response that, he holds up a shirt clowning Marshawn? I never feel happy about players getting hurt, but I'd love for him to have a sideline view of his team getting obliterated by the Seahawks in the SB.

Or Edelman and his punchable face.

julian-edelman-punching-richard-sherman.jpg

Or Brady and his dejected, pouting face as the Seahawks were driving in the final seconds, only to cheer like a clown when he was bailed out.

I'm over XL. It was an entirely different roster, a different coaching regime, and a different team. it was 10 seasons ago. Yes, we were robbed. But the Steelers don't hold the same level of hate for me as the Patriots do. I mean their victory parade was more about the Seahawks than their actual victory. A bunch of their turd fans running around with ***** Mode hoodies on... And all the cheating and their feelings of invincibility.

They're the team I want. Last year's loss has to be avenged. That wound is fresh.

The Steelers would be a nice consolation, sure. But to beat Brady and the Pats? Now that might be something that finally puts last year's SB in the rearview for good.