What should Leonard Willams draw in free agency?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Chris Jones just signed a deal for $32M per year (5 years). I like Leonard Williams, a lot. And while he is no Chris Jones, someone is going to overpay for him. I would shoot for $18M with $20M being the max. Anything other than that, I'll pass. What do yall think? Is Williams worth north of $20M per?

renofox

Reaction score
We paid Jones $17M/yr and his production declined precipitously. We'll pay Williams $21M/yr and end up with same result.

JS has sucked at building trenches. I have plenty of hope, but little faith, that he turns it around.

seabowl

Reaction score
We paid Jones $17M/yr and his production declined precipitously. We'll pay Williams $21M/yr and end up with same result.

JS has sucked at building trenches. I have plenty of hope, but little faith, that he turns it around.
By the time the Seahawks are competitive enough to go deep in the playoffs, Williams will be on the decline

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don’t want to pay this much but, I can see him getting 3yr/$72. He is a better player than Jones so he’s going to get more than What Dre got. Bigger, stronger, greater locker room guy, shows up on Sunday. My guess is $24 a year.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I like Williams and I know we spent a 2nd and a 5th to get him but unless really cheap let him walk. Our windows should be opening when he’s declining

flv2

Reaction score
At $16M everyone will want him. At $22M maybe someone will want him. He's worth somewhere in the middle but the market will decide. It's a weird offseason. The cap has gone up massively but there are a large number of teams that still don't have a lot of cap space. There could also be GMs that don't think they're close enough to warrant throwing huge money at FAs.

Rat

Reaction score
Would rather have Christian Wilkins, even at the considerably higher price.

Chawker

Reaction score
John isn't willing to over spend this season, with Williams age, I was thinking more like 10 to 15 million per year. Now we could add in some performance bonus that would add to his pay, but if he ask for too much then we'll have add a player in the draft.

I'd much rather see him walk then over pay.

Cheers

haroldseattle

Reaction score
John isn't willing to over spend this season, with Williams age, I was thinking more like 10 to 15 million per year. Now we could add in some performance bonus that would add to his pay, but if he ask for too much then we'll have add a player in the draft.

I'd much rather see him walk then over pay.

Cheers
I'd rather see him walk then over pay also, but IDK if I agree that JS isn't willing to over spend. JS is pretty defensive about what he gave up for Williams and has said signing Williams is a priory so I think he will be willing to go high for Williams because he has got to know Williams market is going to be very good.

sutz

Reaction score
With the new cap and the extra money we have created recently, I'm thinking John might go close to $25 mill for him, which I think he could easily get on the market.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Jones is a vastly superior player to Williams. If he thinks he should get something comparable to Jones then he is dreaming and he can find a new team.

sutz

Reaction score
Jones is a vastly superior player to Williams. If he thinks he should get something comparable to Jones then he is dreaming and he can find a new team.
Jones is a DE. Williams is a DT, though both can move around the line effectively. Still, the payscale for the two positions is different.

jammerhawk

Reaction score

Reno, Willams was better than Dremont last year and should positionally get paid more. I never understood why Dremont Jones was so crappy last season but we did have the worst DC the Hawks have had for long time. Carroll pooched it by not canning him early last year . Dremont could be a trade/cut candidate if his early results are similar to those of last season.

I guess I have more faith than you that Williams will be worth re-signing.