Christmas day Seahawks mock offseason

Chevy

Reaction score
This is a mock off-season for the Seahawks. I have Pete Carroll returning as the Head Coach, which impacts the drafting of a future QB.

After the season the Seahawks release: Jamal Adams, Quandre Diggs, Bryan Mone, Geno Smith, Dre' Mont Jones, and Will Dissly. This would give the Seahawks $65 million for Free Agency.

The Seahawks don't re-sign: LG Damien Lewis, TE Noah Fant, ILB Jordyn Brooks, ILB Bobby Wagner, and DE/OLB Darrell Taylor.

The Seahawks resign: DT/DE Leonard Williams for $20 million per year, TE Colby Parkinson, DT/DE Jarron Reed, and OC Evan Brown.

Seahawks Free Agent signings:
DT/DE Chris Jones for $20 million per year. OLB/DE Bryce Huff for $15 million per year. Both player get after the QB and both are upgrades to their positions.

Seahawks Free Agent signing highlights...

DT/DE Chris Jones 6'6" 310 lbs.: Chris Jones and Leonard Williams as our 3-4 DEs would be a nightmare for opposing QBs!

DE/OLB Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 lbs: Huff has been a beast as a pass rush specialitst. He has it all as a pass rusher, he would be an instant upgrade to any pass rush draft pick or any other free agent pass rusher.

2024 Draft: The Seahawks trade down with their 1st round pick and later trade up in the 2nd round.

2nd round #33 - (SS/FS) Tyler Nubin 6'2" 210 lbs, Minnesota: Nubin has the length, ball skills, and dog mentality to help bring a aggressive mentality to the defense.

2nd round #45 - (DT/NT) T'Vondre Sweat 6'4" 360 lbs, Texas: Sweat is the beast as a run stopper and nice as a pass rusher. Sweat flanked by Jones and Williams would be Dominate!!!

3rd round #85 - (QB) Jordan Travis 6'1" 212 lbs, Florida State: Travis is injured, so he would be a discount at this point of the draft. He is mobile and makes the most of the talent around him. He would compete with Drew Lock his rookie year.

4th round #121 - (ILB) Junior Colson 6'3" 247 lbs. Michigan: Colson is a big ILB that can hit.

5th round #158 - (LT/LG) Nathan Thomas 6'5" 334 lbs. Louisiana: Thomas can come in and compete at LG

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I actually hope they resign Brooks & Fant. I'd keep Lewis, too.

I like the Nubin & Sweat picks. Not sure Nubin lasts past the 1st round though. Travis is the QB I'd want Seattle to take if they don't draft Penix. Haven't seen anything from Colson, but I definitely agree that they need to take an ILB.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
This is a mock off-season for the Seahawks. I have Pete Carroll returning as the Head Coach, which impacts the drafting of a future QB.

After the season the Seahawks release: Jamal Adams, Quandre Diggs, Bryan Mone, Geno Smith, Dre' Mont Jones, and Will Dissly. This would give the Seahawks $65 million for Free Agency.

The Seahawks don't re-sign: LG Damien Lewis, TE Noah Fant, ILB Jordyn Brooks, ILB Bobby Wagner, and DE/OLB Darrell Taylor.

The Seahawks resign: DT/DE Leonard Williams for $20 million per year, TE Colby Parkinson, DT/DE Jarron Reed, and OC Evan Brown.

DT/DE Chris Jones for $20 million per year. OLB/DE Bryce Huff for $15 million per year. Both player get after the QB and both are upgrades to their positions.

DT/DE Chris Jones 6'6" 310 lbs.: Chris Jones and Leonard Williams as our 3-4 DEs would be a nightmare for opposing QBs!

DE/OLB Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 lbs: Huff has been a beast as a pass rush specialitst. He has it all as a pass rusher, he would be an instant upgrade to any pass rush draft pick or any other free agent pass rusher.

2024 Draft: The Seahawks trade down with their 1st round pick and later trade up in the 2nd round.

2nd round #33 - (SS/FS) Tyler Nubin 6'2" 210 lbs, Minnesota: Nubin has the length, ball skills, and dog mentality to help bring a aggressive mentality to the defense.

2nd round #45 - (DT/NT) T'Vondre Sweat 6'4" 360 lbs, Texas: Sweat is the beast as a run stopper and nice as a pass rusher. Sweat flanked by Jones and Williams would be Dominate!!!

3rd round #85 - (QB) Jordan Travis 6'1" 212 lbs, Florida State: Travis is injured, so he would be a discount at this point of the draft. He is mobile and makes the most of the talent around him. He would compete with Drew Lock his rookie year.

4th round #121 - (ILB) Junior Colson 6'3" 247 lbs. Michigan: Colson is a big ILB that can hit.

5th round #158 - (LT/LG) Nathan Thomas 6'5" 334 lbs. Louisiana: Thomas can come in and compete at LG

Chris Jones A1 Priority..
Agree on Williams, Reed. I wonder how much it will cost to resign Reed tho. I’m guessing 15/yr?
A lot of really really nice DTs in this draft. Byron Murphy, McKinley, Ohrororo.

toffee

Reaction score

I am open to keeping Taylor on the cheap, he is what he is, but he could be useful in 3rd and long situations. I am open to negotiating Lockett's contract or trading him.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I am open to keeping Taylor on the cheap, he is what he is, but he could be useful in 3rd and long situations. I am open to negotiating Lockett's contract or trading him.
Not me.. he didn’t set the edge on one too many RPO for me.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Chris Jones A1 Priority..
Agree on Williams, Reed. I wonder how much it will cost to resign Reed tho. I’m guessing 15/yr?
A lot of really really nice DTs in this draft. Byron Murphy, McKinley, Ohrororo.
Reed is under contract in 2024, is he not? No way he gets $15m IMO.

Otherwise, love the defensive trench focus.

12forlife

Reaction score
I hope they release Dissly and keep Fant. Fant could be a beast in the right offense. I'm also ok with keeping Brooks do to lack of draft picks.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I actually hope they resign Brooks & Fant. I'd keep Lewis, too.

I like the Nubin & Sweat picks. Not sure Nubin lasts past the 1st round though. Travis is the QB I'd want Seattle to take if they don't draft Penix. Haven't seen anything from Colson, but I definitely agree that they need to take an ILB.
If we re-sign Brooks, Fant, and Lewis then that will prevent us from signing Jones. Brooks is a good ILB (not great), Fant in our system is just a guy, as is Lewis. All three players don't play impactful positions. It's like us paying a ton of money on safeties. Lets spend our money on pass rushers that impact the game a lot more.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Taylor will probably have better options than the Seahawks. He is a practice squad player to me at this point.

Maybe Lockett would be open to shaving money off his contract. Trading him is a non-starter for me. Lockett has a real estate business here in the Seattle area, and he would probably retire if told he was to be traded.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
So who is our QB in 24? Travis off a major injury?
I have read that Travis recovery is 4 months. So it would be him and Drew Lock to compete for starting position. I'd guess Travis would start early in the season.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I hope they release Dissly and keep Fant. Fant could be a beast in the right offense. I'm also ok with keeping Brooks do to lack of draft picks.
Pete Carroll hasn't had the right offense for a legit TE to flourish. Which is why I would pay Fant big money.

There are some good ILB in the middle rounds.

12forlife

Reaction score
Would or wouldn’t ?
Yes… really really good ILB
I agree that there is good ILB talent in the draft, but do you want to go into next season with 2 rookie LB starting? I think ya got to see if we could bring Brooks back for 1-2 seasons, depending on his price tag?

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I agree that there is good ILB talent in the draft, but do you want to go into next season with 2 rookie LB starting? I think ya got to see if we could bring Brooks back for 1-2 seasons, depending on his price tag?
I definitely don't want 2 rookie ILBs. But Brooks will probably have a high price tag. Brooks is not Wagner; if he were a younger Wagner then I would pay him.

There are good veteran ILBs that will be on the free agent market. The ILB I like, at a much cheaper contract than Brooks, is Willie Gay. Gay is a highly athletic guy and is young. Sign him to a one or two year prove it deal.