Adam Schein "This is the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic quarterback competition of all time"

Hawknballs

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY!!

He said messed up with "ALL TIME", in the decades of NFL QB competitions, there were a lot of worse competitions. Frankly did Adam studies every QB competition since day 1 of NFL?? If he said in this season instead of all time, he could get away with it, he might still get away with by claiming in his life time. But all time?

Well he's a media guy so hyperbole is his game, but his analysis is based on both the caliber of the QBs involved, and the handling of the situation - which hasn't been very competitive at all to this point. It's that combination of the two duds competing for the job and the nonsensical way they've been handled that I think he's saying puts it over the top.

toffee

Reaction score
Well he's a media guy so hyperbole is his game, but his analysis is based on both the caliber of the QBs involved, and the handling of the situation - which hasn't been very competitive at all to this point. It's that combination of the two duds competing for the job and the nonsensical way they've been handled that I think he's saying puts it over the top.
All true and agreed, but ALL TIME? In the history of NFL, there were worst and more comical QB competition.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
All true and agreed, but ALL TIME? In the history of NFL, there were worst and more comical QB competition.
I dunno.
This whole situation from letting a franchise QB head out the door to thinking the fans would accept the guy who has been nothing but a career backup at best as his replacement, to talking about "competition" but hardly having Lock play with the 1s. . its all weird.

toffee

Reaction score
I dunno.
This whole situation from letting a franchise QB head out the door to thinking the fans would accept the guy who has been nothing but a career backup at best as his replacement, to talking about "competition" but hardly having Lock play with the 1s. . its all weird.
Sounded like you haven't overcome being dumped by our franchise QB.

flv2

Reaction score
To call our QB competition embarrassing, saddest, pathetic is a may be as we have two former starters competing for the opportunity to start again, both failed in their previous attempts. The writer is entitled to his opinions.

To call our QB competition the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic of ALL TIME, is simply untrue and the writer was embarrassing himself. Is he 12 years old?
Schein is 1 of the most ignorant pundits in football. Someone who doesn't have any sense of shame can't embarrass themself. He once called for a player to be cut because his cap number was too high. The guy was due about $5M but there was about $12M in previous earnings that hadn't been accounted for. "He's not worth $17M so cut him", derp! Total click-bait merchant.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
The bolded is:
Your opinion, it's not a fact.
It's an opinion that is based on emotion and feelings rather than evidence.

Outside of the facility, no one knows how that competition has been conducted.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Tim Tebow VS whoever he beat out wherever he played had to be worse than what Seattle has right now. Atleast Geno/Lock are QBs.

What about Kyle Orton VS whatever scrub he beat out multiple times.

Click bait title not worth entertaining, ha.

toffee

Reaction score
Tim Tebow VS whoever he beat out wherever he played had to be worse than what Seattle has right now. Atleast Geno/Lock are QBs.

What about Kyle Orton VS whatever scrub he beat out multiple times.

Click bait title not worth entertaining, ha.
I totally agreed, I found the words "ALL TIME" childish and unworthy or journalism.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
IDK why people need media hyperbole explained to them. You can literally tune in to any sports program and find hyperbole.
The bolded is:
Your opinion, it's not a fact.
It's an opinion that is based on emotion and feelings rather than evidence.

Outside of the facility, no one knows how that competition has been conducted.

I don't really have emotions or feelings about this QB battle. lol. I just know what's been seen at camp and in games. Part of that is Lock getting COVID but that doesn't take away from the fact that the time Geno has had vs. the time Lock has had to prove much of anything is drastically skewed. If you believe that translates to Lock getting all kinds of reps with the 1s in practice, that's up to you but I would assume it's not true.