Adam Schein "This is the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic quarterback competition of all time"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dude loves being dramatic. Way over the top hyperbole, must not be getting enough notice online and on TV

"This is the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic quarterback competition of all time between Drew Lock and Geno Smith.

:rolleyes: Adam Schein, where Bold Statements go to die. He loves these outrageous statements.

It’s not a great situation, but Drew getting COVID threw everything off. I think he’s a good QB, but needs to mature quite a bit, as he makes too many bad decisions. He needs to protect the ball better.

And there really wasn’t anything else the Seahawks could do. Russell wanted out. SO we took the best deal we could find. But apparently Schein thinks we should’ve just gone to the Elite QB Tree and plucked one off?

I’m not worried. I've already accepted the fact that this year is going to be tough. Or, Drew/Geno might benefit from an elite defense and elite running game, and just need to be point guards/game managers to get wins.

With Two 1st round picks in the 2023 draft, we get our QB of the future.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Does anyone REALLY think this is a real competition at all, that EITHER guy is going to get to start?
Or does everyone feel that we snap up Jimmy G the moment he gets released? Because that is what it seems like to me.

This feels more like QB Competition Theater. I doubt either one wins it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Adam Schein was the guy who laughed outloud with Peter Schrager at the Wilson pick in the draft back when. He's usually simply wrong. He continues his ridiculous hyperbole and isn't worth ever clicking to view.

He doesn't exactly have a great deal of real credibility and is just another Loud Mouth Schnook as Henry Hawk would describe him.

I for sure don't think Pete is close to being done at picking a starting QB.

Jac

Reaction score
Malik Willis as a solution? What is he talking about? The plan is clearly the 2023 draft and when they get one, all of a sudden they'll be one of the intriguing teams to follow again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its really not a competition as much as its going to be a rotating door with Pete starting whoever had the better week of practice as the team searches for any way to win a few games.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Too bad there aren't Media Ignore buttons. It'd be nice to block individual 'pundits'.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Adam 'Shame' is an 'ATTENTION Whore'...Mediocre AT HIS BEST, there's lot's of his type, most everywhere we go.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Sure, but it's not like they're attached to a crappy QB situation indefinitely.

This is a year of pain, the type of which most franchises go through at some point, and most recover from. They'll be one of the 31 teams that don't win the Super Bowl this season, okay and? That'd also be the case with Jimmy G, Baker, Mariota or any of the underwhelming 2022 rookie QBs.

They're setting themselves up for an exciting spring 2023 without having hitched their wagon to someone that they don't really want.

keasley45

Reaction score
Well, I would be a lot more excited about the team with Jimmy G. At least he has done something in the NFL. Shoot, he's a dropped interception by Tartt from being in TWO Super Bowl's.
Jimmy would be great.

But his arm, or leg would fall off by week 6 and we'd be in the same boat, less a few mill or 10.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
if he's released by Santa Clara, they are on the hook for the salary. IF he came here on a low $ one year deal? I'm in

Fade

Reaction score
Sure, but it's not like they're attached to a crappy QB situation indefinitely.

This is a year of pain, the type of which most franchises go through at some point, and most recover from. They'll be one of the 31 teams that don't win the Super Bowl this season, okay and? That'd also be the case with Jimmy G, Baker, Mariota or any of the underwhelming 2022 rookie QBs.

They're setting themselves up for an exciting spring 2023 without having hitched their wagon to someone that they don't really want.
Not if they draft the wrong QB. Then it is 5 more years of "pain."

"Just go back in the draft and get another one." A lot of people say around here. If only it were that easy, teams would never pay a QB.

Since 2000 only about 20% of 1st round QBs selected go on to become franchise QBs.

That's a helluva dice roll. Personally, I hope they can find a way to trade for a quality veteran.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I remember Adam Schein for the most part in the last few years (maybe even going back further) is/was a Seahawks fan.

I remember Schein talk “glowingly” about the Seahawks over the years.

So I get his displeasure with the current quarterback situation.

He must feel this team could be way “better” on paper and didn’t think they would want to move forward with Geno and Lock.

I can’t speak for Schein or the Seahawks but I’ll take a down year or two in order to get a high draft pick to get the next franchise QB in a what we currently think is a loaded QB draft next year.

Just gotta get through this year and see what happens.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Not if they draft the wrong QB. Then it is 5 more years of "pain."

"Just go back in the draft and get another one." A lot of people say around here. If only it were that easy, teams would never pay a QB.

Since 2000 only about 20% of 1st round QBs selected go on to become franchise QBs.

That's a helluva dice roll. Personally, I hope they can find a way to trade for a quality veteran.
There just really wasn't any QB worth investing in in 2022. Similar to 2011. Does spending a 2nd in 2011 on Dalton or Kaep and settling for 'good enough' keep them from spending a 3 on Russ the next year? Possibly.

Hoping to find your franchise QB in the draft is , agreed, far from a guarantee. But I think it represents the best potential mix of cost control and upside.

I doubt anyone is trading a quality veteran QB at this point, or are you thinking of, like, Lamar Jackson for example next offseason? You kind of lose the benefits of 3-4 years of cost control going that route though.

Are you opposed to spending either of the 2023 1st round picks on a QB?

Last edited:

Aircrew

Reaction score
Schein is obviously overstating the situation quite a bit, but I get his point. Having two average QB's competing for the starting job is kind of like having to pick between two ugly prom dates. Regardless of who "wins", you're still saddled with a guy who's lucky to be a backup anywhere else in the league to lead your team for the season.