Let Russ Cook Tracker Week 4: What if he burned the rice?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kind of a weird title, and an "ok" article, but it's got some interesting stats, cool videos, and a horrible reminder of the poor job Pete and John did with personell in 2017

Let Russ Cook Tracker Week 4: What if he burned the rice? He’s not, though

By John Fraley Oct 6, 2020, 10:30am PDT 12 Comments

What would it look like if Russ cooked too much?

As easy as it might be to blurt out, “2017” is not the answer. Not the full one, at least. It’s actually a good example of the things we longtime proponents of LRC rail against.

In that weird — they’re all weird — season, the Seattle Seahawks:

Signed running backs who couldn’t run. Don’t make me name them.
Signed a kicker who couldn’t kick. Him either.
Employed an offensive line that couldn’t block. They’re all gone too. Complete turnover since

Allowed Wilson to throw a career-high 553 times. (Strangely, the quarterback is still here, and thriving. Extra! Extra! Read all about it!)

So much more than both previous and both subsequent years. The Seahawks offense passed the ball 146 more times than they ran it in 2017, after years of being known as run-heavy.

But only because they had to. All the listed drawbacks were related to over-passing out of necessity, not out of choice. Without a decent running attack or special teams you could count on, and with the cursed turf in Glendale gobbling up half the LOB for good at midseason, the responsibility for... everything fell to Russell Carrington Wilson. He was up to the task most Sundays, but forcing him to cook isn’t the same as letting him.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/10/6/21 ... ttenheimer

PNW

Reaction score
For a cursed field we have a pretty dang good record in Glendale at least haha. If Russ starts cooking too much we go back to a run attack, the whole point of any offensive strategy is to keep the defense honest and off balance. If we do that pounding the rock or letting Russ cook will kinda be up to what the defense gives us in my opinion. Dangeruss can see everything on the field and I trust he will know when to change things up. :stirthepot:

Latest posts